My Ford Touch Thread - Page 153 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #1521
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaddish View Post
Does anyone have an issue with USB, specifically Ipod, only displaying the album title and genre when playing a song? I'm certain the tags are all correct.

For example, it displays:

ALBUM TITLE
Genre

Instead of:

ALBUM TITLE
Song Title

Thanks
No, can't say that I've seen that issue/problem (and I am using an iPod). Are you on the new version of MFT? Possibly a settings preference but I don't know if it is even capable of that. I'll dig through my settings options when I get a chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #1522
Kaddish
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97429
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Kaddish Good Standing Member
Yep, using the updated version.

I've looked in the settings but haven't seen a place to change it.

It seems to be source based because Sirius displays Artist - Song Title. Of course Sirius isn't reading ID3 tags either.

I've double checked my tags and everything looks fine. Other players, such as the Ipod, WMP, etc all display as expected.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #1523
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Have you gone into info when a song is playing and looked at all of the information to see that it is showing up properly, under the right heading, in that screen?
Old 05-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #1524
Kaddish
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97429
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Kaddish Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Have you gone into info when a song is playing and looked at all of the information to see that it is showing up properly, under the right heading, in that screen?
Yep, everything shows up correctly in the More Info screen. The correct artist in the artist field, etc

I will add that the voice also says everything correctly when I press 'Whats Playing'
Old 05-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #1525
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Haven't been on here in about a month due to vacations so I still have some photos/videos of bugs I need to edit and post.

Anyway, quick question... has anyone run into a problem where their Nav volume is extremely low and they can't adjust it? Mine is very quiet, to the point I can't hear any directions being spoken when the car is moving. I've adjusted every volume setting I have access to and they all seem to be up plenty high - and I've tried turning the dial when she's speaking - but it's still super, super quiet. Any ideas?

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 05-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #1526
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
http://www.change.org/petitions/ford...x-myford-touch

check this out guys, I started a petition on Change.org after seeing several recent petitions for things even as small as a $5 charge being dropped at a bank getting through and getting action taken. This is something we can come together and agree on I'm sure and with enough of a voice hopefully Ford will recognize the issue for real this time instead of issuing band-aid fixes.

You all know I'm normally one of the positive voices behind the MFT argument but lately as I use the system more and more things I used to think were isolated issues are happening to me EVERY time I drive the car and use the system, and the more issues I find that are replicable the more irritated I get.

So please take a second and sign the petition and let's get our voices heard. The more momentum we get with this issue the more pressure they're under to truly buckle down and fix this system and give us the system we paid for.

If you're members on other Ford-related forums like the Explorer/Edge forums, don't hesitate to throw this link up there! Ford is coming out with several new models this year including the new Escape, Taurus, and Fusion, as well as updating the F150 to be equipped with MFT as well. If this happens without the system being truly fixed we're going to hear about it in the media a lot more and the more negative publicity it gets the more it's going to hurt the resale value on our vehicles later on... so let's get this issue taken care of before that happens!
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117

Last edited by feta_mgp; 05-05-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #1527
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
"DESTINATION: JEWELRY" Uh oh!

Just realized you can say "Destination Jewelry" and the car will pull up navigation to jewelry stores in the area. It looks like this MFT system is gonna be a lot more expensive than I anticipated!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #1528
Jeffwe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94238
What I Drive: 2012 white ti

FF Reputation: 1 Jeffwe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaddish View Post
Yep, everything shows up correctly in the More Info screen. The correct artist in the artist field, etc

I will add that the voice also says everything correctly when I press 'Whats Playing'
I am having the same problem. I am not sure how to fix it.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #1529
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
https://www.change.org/petitions/for...-myford-touch#

check this out guys, I started a petition on Change.org after seeing several recent petitions for things even as small as a $5 charge being dropped at a bank getting through and getting action taken. This is something we can come together and agree on I'm sure and with enough of a voice hopefully Ford will recognize the issue for real this time instead of issuing band-aid fixes.

You all know I'm normally one of the positive voices behind the MFT argument but lately as I use the system more and more things I used to think were isolated issues are happening to me EVERY time I drive the car and use the system, and the more issues I find that are replicable the more irritated I get.

So please take a second and sign the petition and let's get our voices heard. The more momentum we get with this issue the more pressure they're under to truly buckle down and fix this system and give us the system we paid for.

If you're members on other Ford-related forums like the Explorer/Edge forums, don't hesitate to throw this link up there! Ford is coming out with several new models this year including the new Escape, Taurus, and Fusion, as well as updating the F150 to be equipped with MFT as well. If this happens without the system being truly fixed we're going to hear about it in the media a lot more and the more negative publicity it gets the more it's going to hurt the resale value on our vehicles later on... so let's get this issue taken care of before that happens!
I already signed but clicked the link to check the count (disappointingly low so far) but your link is not functional in your post. Here it is in working form:

http://www.change.org/petitions/ford...x-myford-touch

You may want to edit your post also to make sure everyone gets to the site easy. SIGN IT Fanatics!!

Last edited by BiggerBoat; 05-05-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #1530
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Signed it too. I used the BiggerBoat link, because your last one, feta_mpg, doesn't work.

Bookmarks & Social Networks