My Ford Touch Thread - Page 150 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #1491
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic
 
feta_mgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88210
Location: Vero Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Posts: 2,638
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
I would be very surprised if MFT3 uses WEA v7. According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...ded_Automotive v7 was released in 4Q10. Unless MFT 3 upgraded versions, which seems unlikely given all the other problems thay had to solve, that release date was mere months before MFT Focuses were rolling off the line. But I could be surprised if someone has some evidence.
Good find. This however doesn't mean the system isn't capable of being upgraded in the future. We can be hopeful, if anything. If they develop a system for Ford that isn't built in Flash Lite and is directly derivative of WEA then it could be a winner.
__________________
2012 SGM SEL Sedan Job 1 BD 6/2011
FSWERKS Cool-Flo w/ ITG Filter | FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust | 17x7.5 Axis Sport XMX Graphite wheels | Eibach Sportlines on Ti Handling Pkg bits
Sonic Crew #28
feta_mgp is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #1492
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic
 
feta_mgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88210
Location: Vero Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Posts: 2,638
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
Sooo glad I kept MFT v2 ... I seriously believe it is much better then this downgraded v3 crap ... It should make a more valuable resale someday too. At some point it may become obsolete but for now it definitely is much more impressive then the new version. Pretty soon after all the updates are done the early ver2 sys will become a forgotton past of MFT but for those who kept it they will be the only lucky ones to enjoy and share the more enjoyable loaded with features version that Ford originally designed. Unless Ford can get a clue and come up with a v4 sys that gives back everything that v3 took away. We did get the Euro designed Focus after all the complaints about the US designed 2nd gen model. Maybe Ford can take a listen to what people want instead of doing what they think is best. Oh well compitition will set the stage so will have to see what others are doing with the infotainment systems and it will be up to them to change or not.

Does anyone know if the euro MFT3 has the same dumbed down ugly version that we got?
The new version has the same features as v2... the only things taken away were the ability to select 2 favorite pages and the ability to have 3 separate types of home screens.

If only 2 features merits v2 being "loaded with features" compared to v3, then you must not have nice things with "features".

And don't even give me the argument that a graphic line representing how long the song is and bigger album art count as "features" because those are both purely aesthetic.

v3 has bugs, but if you haven't updated yet then quite frankly you don't have a valid opinion. If you don't use the system everyday and don't have your own real comparison to draw your opinions from then your opinion is moot as far as I'm concerned.

I used v2 and had very few problems, I upgraded to v3 because to me the new system looks better and after using it I believe it functions better as well. The issues I've had with v3 are far less than the issues and quirks I found with v2, and with a simple routine I've developed using v3, I haven't had an issue in weeks.
__________________
2012 SGM SEL Sedan Job 1 BD 6/2011
FSWERKS Cool-Flo w/ ITG Filter | FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust | 17x7.5 Axis Sport XMX Graphite wheels | Eibach Sportlines on Ti Handling Pkg bits
Sonic Crew #28
feta_mgp is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #1493
Altis
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 89540
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

Posts: 936
FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
And don't even give me the argument that a graphic line representing how long the song is and bigger album art count as "features" because those are both purely aesthetic.
Many of the desirable features on these cars are purely aesthetic... the black headlight surrounds, spoiler, interior trims, wheels, etc...

Except that the song time indicator was just that... a gauge, providing information. Do you think all media players (such as itunes, WMP, VLC, etc) have those purely for aesthetic purposes? Come on...

It serves more of a purpose than many of the features people really care about that are purely aesthetic... not that there's anything wrong with wanting a new spoiler or tinted tail lights or black headlight surrounds...
Altis is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #1494
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic
 
feta_mgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88210
Location: Vero Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Posts: 2,638
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
Many of the desirable features on these cars are purely aesthetic... the black headlight surrounds, spoiler, interior trims, wheels, etc...

Except that the song time indicator was just that... a gauge, providing information. Do you think all media players (such as itunes, WMP, VLC, etc) have those purely for aesthetic purposes? Come on...

It serves more of a purpose than many of the features people really care about that are purely aesthetic... not that there's anything wrong with wanting a new spoiler or tinted tail lights or black headlight surrounds...
Sorry but I disagree. Your eyes are supposed to be on the road while you're driving, not on your infotainment system. It was just another distraction that drew your attention looking at the screen.

I agree that a countDOWN timer would be better than the current timer that counts up from 0, but come on, your argument is ridiculous. iTunes, WMP, VLC, etc. isn't in your car, you can keep your eyes on the screen, but we're talking about a car radio here... you got along just fine before MFT when all you had was a timer counting up or down right? You'll survive just fine now without having to constantly bitch about that being a "lost feature" of a system, even though that "feature" didn't really have any functional value.

I hate to have to make this argument but I'm getting tired of people complaining about how many features they lost with the update even though that number is 2. Just 2. Album art getting smaller? Who cares! Why do you have to have a large representation of your album art on the screen? You're driving! No more graphic representation of how long your song is? It had bugs anyway, sometimes it didn't work, sometimes it was trying to count the time from the song before, just more to go wrong.

The new update has all the features Ford advertised from the get go. They weren't making a big fuss about giving you 3 home screen options or a graphic indicator of your song time. They were advertising a system that allowed you to make hands free phone calls, use a myriad of radio inputs, control your climate and use navigation or SYNC services all on one screen. That's what they advertised and that's what we got.

We lost some features from the old system, sure, but it's not something to cry home about. I'd rather they fix the issues before worrying about what one forum of Focus Fanatics wants.

I liked the dashboard in the first Xbox360 iteration, they removed and added features with its first update, did I like them all? No. Did I complain like a 5 year old? No. Things change, features change, this is technology, that's what happens. People need to learn that they're not entitled to getting everything they want, it's just not how life works. We all bought a car with an infotainment system with a history of issues, for those of us who didn't do their homework first, that's on your shoulders, not Ford's.

Sorry for the rant but the more I see people driven away from the car because of the negative attitude of this forum the more upset I get. This is one of the best cars on the market today and the system, buggy as is, is still a great system. If people hated it that much they'd just trade their car in and be done with it instead of sit here and whine on a message board.
__________________
2012 SGM SEL Sedan Job 1 BD 6/2011
FSWERKS Cool-Flo w/ ITG Filter | FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust | 17x7.5 Axis Sport XMX Graphite wheels | Eibach Sportlines on Ti Handling Pkg bits
Sonic Crew #28
feta_mgp is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #1495
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89089
Location: North Charleston, SC
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

Posts: 409
FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
The new version has the same features as v2... the only things taken away were the ability to select 2 favorite pages and the ability to have 3 separate types of home screens.
This is laughably false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
If only 2 features merits v2 being "loaded with features" compared to v3, then you must not have nice things with "features".
...What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
And don't even give me the argument that a graphic line representing how long the song is and bigger album art count as "features" because those are both purely aesthetic.
So's a screen in the middle of your dashboard, guess if that stops working we shouldn't bother complaining either. This is semantics, pure and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
v3 has bugs, but if you haven't updated yet then quite frankly you don't have a valid opinion. If you don't use the system everyday and don't have your own real comparison to draw your opinions from then your opinion is moot as far as I'm concerned.
Oh, good, I have v3 and use it every day, so my opinion is valid. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I used v2 and had very few problems, I upgraded to v3 because to me the new system looks better and after using it I believe it functions better as well. The issues I've had with v3 are far less than the issues and quirks I found with v2, and with a simple routine I've developed using v3, I haven't had an issue in weeks.
WFM, so you're all wrong. I think I have heard that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Sorry but I disagree. Your eyes are supposed to be on the road while you're driving, not on your infotainment system. It was just another distraction that drew your attention looking at the screen.
It's a good thing the radio only works when you're driving, otherwise this statement would be awkward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I agree that a countDOWN timer would be better than the current timer that counts up from 0, but come on, your argument is ridiculous. iTunes, WMP, VLC, etc. isn't in your car, you can keep your eyes on the screen, but we're talking about a car radio here... you got along just fine before MFT when all you had was a timer counting up or down right? You'll survive just fine now without having to constantly bitch about that being a "lost feature" of a system, even though that "feature" didn't really have any functional value.
It let me know at a glance how close to finishing the song was. That seems like a function to me. And, to be fair, this was something I had previously in my car, so, no, I personally did not get along without it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I hate to have to make this argument but I'm getting tired of people complaining about how many features they lost with the update even though that number is 2. Just 2. Album art getting smaller? Who cares! Why do you have to have a large representation of your album art on the screen? You're driving! No more graphic representation of how long your song is? It had bugs anyway, sometimes it didn't work, sometimes it was trying to count the time from the song before, just more to go wrong.
This isn't an argument, it's a statement of your personal opinion which you're trying to use as an objective fact to try and bolster your position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
The new update has all the features Ford advertised from the get go.
Well, except for those "2" you mentioned they removed, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
They weren't making a big fuss about giving you 3 home screen options or a graphic indicator of your song time.
K. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnlyoEYww0k

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
They were advertising a system that allowed you to make hands free phone calls, use a myriad of radio inputs, control your climate and use navigation or SYNC services all on one screen. That's what they advertised and that's what we got.
Well, except for the fact that that isn't true. You absolutely cannot control all of those things from one screen. From the display, if that's what you're saying, but you have to utilize a number of screens to do what you're stating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
We lost some features from the old system, sure, but it's not something to cry home about. I'd rather they fix the issues before worrying about what one forum of Focus Fanatics wants.
That'd be nice, but when they introduce all new issues while removing features it doesn't exactly instill confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I liked the dashboard in the first Xbox360 iteration, they removed and added features with its first update, did I like them all? No. Did I complain like a 5 year old? No. Things change, features change, this is technology, that's what happens. People need to learn that they're not entitled to getting everything they want, it's just not how life works. We all bought a car with an infotainment system with a history of issues, for those of us who didn't do their homework first, that's on your shoulders, not Ford's.
False equivalence is fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Sorry for the rant but the more I see people driven away from the car because of the negative attitude of this forum the more upset I get. This is one of the best cars on the market today and the system, buggy as is, is still a great system. If people hated it that much they'd just trade their car in and be done with it instead of sit here and whine on a message board.
I'm looking forward to doing this as soon as I can (much more due to the service I have received than the car, but the car isn't exactly helping its case), but financial reasons are currently preventing me from doing so. Hating it enough has nothing to do with it.
__________________
2012 Ford Focus Sterling Grey Metallic SEL Sedan
Ordered: 8/6/11 VIN: 9/6/11 Build Date: 8/30/11
Delivery: Originally estimated 9/19/11. Delivered 9/22/11. picked up 9/24/11.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
forceflow2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #1496
Altis
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Fan#: 89540
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

Posts: 936
FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Sorry but I disagree. Your eyes are supposed to be on the road while you're driving, not on your infotainment system. It was just another distraction that drew your attention looking at the screen.
If glancing at a bar, which quickly shows track time status, is that big of a distraction... how do you use any of your gauges? They all work the same way. Hell, if you want distracting, talk about how they added pedestrian paths to the Nav map, all in the same colour and thickness as roads.



Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
.......but come on, your argument is ridiculous. iTunes, WMP, VLC, etc. isn't in your car, you can keep your eyes on the screen, but we're talking about a car radio here... you got along just fine before MFT when all you had was a timer counting up or down right? You'll survive just fine now without having to constantly bitch about that being a "lost feature" of a system, even though that "feature" didn't really have any functional value.
First, it is pretty much the same... look at how all the other car brands are doing it with the bar in place without issues... Most media players with screens that allow it, have it. If you don't think it has value, power to you.

Second, I was happy at one point with 1 airbag and a tape deck. What on Earth is your point here? The system cost WAY too much to have to settle with just living with it, and just surviving. That's a very poor argument, to be honest. People didn't spend $25-30k on an economy car just to survive.


Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
The new update has all the features Ford advertised from the get go. They weren't making a big fuss about giving you 3 home screen options or a graphic indicator of your song time. They were advertising a system that allowed you to make hands free phone calls, use a myriad of radio inputs, control your climate and use navigation or SYNC services all on one screen. That's what they advertised and that's what we got.

We lost some features from the old system, sure, but it's not something to cry home about. I'd rather they fix the issues before worrying about what one forum of Focus Fanatics wants.........We all bought a car with an infotainment system with a history of issues, for those of us who didn't do their homework first, that's on your shoulders, not Ford's.......
You can say it has all the features Ford advertised, but it doesn't look at all like it anymore (looks all grey/washed out with accessibility sized icons and buttons). It's missing some things people liked, and it's still quite loaded with bugs. When you buy something you like, it's disappointing when it's ruined for you. It's not everyone's fault for buying something that doesn't work because they didn't do their homework... Seeing as touch screen stereos and devices are very common now, you would think it wouldn't be so messed up.

Back on topic though, there's no real reason to get rid of the track time bar or make the album art smaller... they also made all the fonts and buttons larger, while removing other information such as temperature and battery life of phone in the corner. What's the point in having such a big screen after all? The new MFT looks like it's a beta, preproduction version.

If you think the track status bar is such a distraction, you must think the rest of MFT is absurdly distracting. Why would you try to look at the screen to make climate adjustments when there are physical (and much safer to use) switches? I wouldn't even care if they dropped Climate out of MFT to make it more stable.
Altis is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #1497
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict
 
BiggerBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85913
Location: MAUMEE, OH
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

Posts: 712
FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
Am I to understand that I also lost the ability to preset my favorite Sirius channels with this new MFT 3 ?? And that I will have to wrestle this dumb interface each time I'll want to tune in on a station ?? I'll have to do it manualy and take my eyes off the road everytime?? Why Ford, why in the name of God ???
The presets "work" all the time. What you have seen me and others describe is that the labels on the presets disappear intermittently (graphics bug) and you just see numbers 1-6 instead of the station names. One poster indicated if you keep hitting the Sirius button cycling through the 3 sets of presets, the labels will come back. I haven't tried this workaround yet.

Not sure where to start here feta. Ill just go point by point...
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Sorry but I disagree. Your eyes are supposed to be on the road while you're driving, not on your infotainment system. It was just another distraction that drew your attention looking at the screen.
First, I don't need to be lectured to keep my eyes on the road. I have a VERY good driving record. Secondly, without my wife's income, I would not have been able to afford the Titanium with MFT and she misses all the missing features. So, she just doesn't count/exist??

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
You'll survive just fine now without having to constantly bitch about that being a "lost feature" of a system, even though that "feature" didn't really have any functional value.
Other display items that "don't have functional value": : Song and Artist name...Oh, they better kill that too before someone gets killed looking at it. Radio station frequency. Not needed cause the DJ says it every few minutes anyway. ...You get the idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
The new update has all the features Ford advertised from the get go. They weren't making a big fuss about giving you 3 home screen options or a graphic indicator of your song time.
....
We all bought a car with an infotainment system with a history of issues, for those of us who didn't do their homework first, that's on your shoulders, not Ford's.
I don't buy things simply based on what the promotional people decide to include on the advertisements. I "did my homework" (the very thing you accuse me of not doing) and checked out all the features the car has on the lot before buying while deciding whether to spend and extra $900 on MFT. I considered all the features including informational display items and made my decision. Now some of them are GONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Sorry for the rant but the more I see people driven away from the car because of the negative attitude of this forum the more upset I get. This is one of the best cars on the market today and the system, buggy as is, is still a great system.
I have repeatedly said in my posts that when MFT is working (and not losing features), it is a GREAT system. My posts are not designed to drive customers away but rather so that Ford will see the feedback. (This may be a vain hope.)

Last edited by BiggerBoat; 04-30-2012 at 10:34 AM.
BiggerBoat is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #1498
csvt2060
Focus Addict
 
csvt2060's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 84122
Location: Northwest Indiana, IN
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

Posts: 772
FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
More than 2 features missing. The temperature readout on MFT was a huge glaring omission. "Moved" it to the center IP was a pure lie on Ford's behalf because it was always in the IP cluster. Now when I am a passenger or have passengers in my car there is always the question of what the outside temperature is. I can't fathom why this and other features would be taken away. It should be illegal what they have done, we purchased said system and now it's changed without our notice. Look at the competition, I just looked at the new Dodge Dart and now their graphics in dash and infotainment blow Ford's out of the water. And guess what? They have a temperature readout in BOTH the IP cluster and the infotainment screen. Ford has taken a step back from being the leader in this regard. Such a disappointment for me personally being a Ford guy.
csvt2060 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #1499
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95110
Location: Pearland, TX
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

Posts: 105
FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
Sooo glad I kept MFT v2 ... I seriously believe it is much better then this downgraded v3 crap ...
That may be, but the v2.11 on my car was virtually unusable after about the first week I owned the car. The v3 is so much better because it actually works (most of the time). It is disappointing that some of the features are gone, but I hope that Ford comes out with a v4 that has even more features than v2.11 but works ALL the time.
Black Bengal is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #1500
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast
 
noahsfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90974
Location: buena park, CA
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

Posts: 311
FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bengal View Post
That may be, but the v2.11 on my car was virtually unusable after about the first week I owned the car. The v3 is so much better because it actually works (most of the time). It is disappointing that some of the features are gone, but I hope that Ford comes out with a v4 that has even more features than v2.11 but works ALL the time.
I totally agree and hope they do. Fortunately I never upgraded to v2.11 since my original v2.10 has never gave me any headaches. I've never pulled any fuses and I use bluetooth, usb audio, nav, and voice commands with no major issues ... except maybe twice it locked up with no control except for volume but each time it fixed itself by just restarting the system. Sure once in awhile it won't pair with my phone but a quick cycling of bluetooth on/off on both devices usually fixes it immeadiatly or just restart MFT and works great again. I realize I may just be lucky to have a good working system but my theory is the upgrades have caused more problems then they fixed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
More than 2 features missing. The temperature readout on MFT was a huge glaring omission. "Moved" it to the center IP was a pure lie on Ford's behalf because it was always in the IP cluster. Now when I am a passenger or have passengers in my car there is always the question of what the outside temperature is. I can't fathom why this and other features would be taken away. It should be illegal what they have done, we purchased said system and now it's changed without our notice. Look at the competition, I just looked at the new Dodge Dart and now their graphics in dash and infotainment blow Ford's out of the water. And guess what? They have a temperature readout in BOTH the IP cluster and the infotainment screen. Ford has taken a step back from being the leader in this regard. Such a disappointment for me personally being a Ford guy.
^^^ So true!!! Let the competition show Ford what people want since they won't listen to us.

Last edited by noahsfocus; 05-01-2012 at 10:29 AM.
noahsfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.