My Ford Touch Thread - Page 15 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #141
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If I'm reading this right, you did the Master Reset which starts you with a blank slate.

You then paired your phone again and uploaded your contacts again.

As I understand the issue, you can see that the contacts are loaded, but you can't access them by voice. What does the system say or do at this point?

Will the phone dial out if you press the Dial button on the contact page? Can you manually dial a number?

You can try manually deleting your phone and then adding it back again. When you do, turn off the Auto Download function and manually enter a contact and see if that works.

The reason I asked about other phones is one phone should be set as Primary, and I was wondering your phone was set as Primary. Do the other phones have the same issue?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #142
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

Points 1,748, Level 24
Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
If I'm reading this right, you did the Master Reset which starts you with a blank slate.

You then paired your phone again and uploaded your contacts again.

As I understand the issue, you can see that the contacts are loaded, but you can't access them by voice. What does the system say or do at this point?

Will the phone dial out if you press the Dial button on the contact page? Can you manually dial a number?

You can try manually deleting your phone and then adding it back again. When you do, turn off the Auto Download function and manually enter a contact and see if that works.

The reason I asked about other phones is one phone should be set as Primary, and I was wondering your phone was set as Primary. Do the other phones have the same issue?
So to answer your questions (and thanks again for your help) I did the
Master reset and repaired my phone. My phone book downloads and I can access it from MFT and place a call that way. It if say "Phone" and then "Call [name]" it will either ask what name and then after a few failed attempts it will give up, or it will sometimes go in a loop where I will say Call Dad, for ex, and then it will start over again at the "Please Say A command" Prompt. It is really bugging me I tried other phones and none of them work at all. It is so annoying I did try the manual phone book download and everything. The strange thing is that if I say dial and then a number it will work or in navigation if I say a street. E it will recognize it.
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 01-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #143
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
So to answer your questions (and thanks again for your help) I did the
Master reset and repaired my phone. My phone book downloads and I can access it from MFT and place a call that way. It if say "Phone" and then "Call [name]" it will either ask what name and then after a few failed attempts it will give up, or it will sometimes go in a loop where I will say Call Dad, for ex, and then it will start over again at the "Please Say A command" Prompt. It is really bugging me I tried other phones and none of them work at all. It is so annoying I did try the manual phone book download and everything. The strange thing is that if I say dial and then a number it will work or in navigation if I say a street. E it will recognize it.
Ok, so we know the Bluetooth works, calls can be made manually through the MFT contact list, the voice works for manually dialing and voice works for NAV.

The only think I can think of is there's an issue with matching voice commands to the contact database.

Is there anything unusual with your contact list? A large number of contacts, special ringtones assigned to contacts, photos? (I think you mentioned before you don't have any photos in your contact list.)

Unless anyone else has a better idea, I would do another Master Reset, re-pair your phone but do not auto download your phonebook, then just manually enter one contact with an easy to pronounce name, unless you've already tried this.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #144
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

Points 1,748, Level 24
Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
Ok, so we know the Bluetooth works, calls can be made manually through the MFT contact list, the voice works for manually dialing and voice works for NAV.

The only think I can think of is there's an issue with matching voice commands to the contact database.

Is there anything unusual with your contact list? A large number of contacts, special ringtones assigned to contacts, photos? (I think you mentioned before you don't have any photos in your contact list.)

Unless anyone else has a better idea, I would do another Master Reset, re-pair your phone but do not auto download your phonebook, then just manually enter one contact with an easy to pronounce name, unless you've already tried this.
I only have 215 contacts which I think is a small amount. I delete ones all the time. I reset it again. No luck. I made a John Smith contact an even that didn't work. I don't know what else I can do.
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 01-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #145
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
I only have 215 contacts which I think is a small amount. I delete ones all the time. I reset it again. No luck. I made a John Smith contact an even that didn't work. I don't know what else I can do.
Yes, 215 contacts is a small amount. I can't think of anything else to try. I don't remember seeing anything like this posted before.

If you find out what it is before the next upgrade, please let us know.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #146
sydtron
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 91386
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 sydtron Good Standing Member
Anyone ever have their BT media audio suddenly stop working? My phone (Galaxy S2 Sprint) says it is only connected to phone audio, even though it's enabled for media as well. I've tried deleting/re-pairing, renaming phone/re-pairing etc but I haven't pulled the fuse yet since MFT did bluescreen on me recently....I can usually get about 2-3 weeks before bluetooth issues crop up (fixed by deleting/re-pairing) but this one is pretty new.

On top of that, the SD card reader or Nav card has gone wonky because every 3-4 days I lose navigation due to "SD card fault" until it starts reading the card once more. It's been inconvenient so far as to when I can take the car to the dealership and when MFT isn't working which has been more of a pain in the ass than MFT simply being rubbish at times.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #147
Luki13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92156
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Tri-coat SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Luki13 Good Standing Member
new post started

2007 VW Rabbit - Modded

Last edited by Luki13; 01-05-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #148
Creamsicle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91108
What I Drive: 2012 Ti hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Creamsicle Good Standing Member
Mine has done something really funny a couple of times:

"Backup camera not available, please contact dealer"

I didn't order the parking package. But for some reason my MFT thinks the camera is there and not working.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #149
shingudaze
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92749
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey FocusTi

FF Reputation: 1 shingudaze Good Standing Member
Maybe it's not a bug, and Ford is trying to get you to pay for the parking package install :D
Old 01-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #150
yugoflip
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87666
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Blk Focus SEL 5spd HB

FF Reputation: 1 yugoflip Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamsicle View Post
Mine has done something really funny a couple of times:

"Backup camera not available, please contact dealer"

I didn't order the parking package. But for some reason my MFT thinks the camera is there and not working.
I get this if I leave the car in reverse and start it - 5spd

In other news, theres a new video posted about the mft update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCWGRKTrAtw

Its all talk, but really encouraging stuff. Hopefully its not a flop and they deliver on all their promises

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.