My Ford Touch Thread - Page 149 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #1481
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
Wow. Between wives asking what the outside temperature is every two hours, and 4 year olds bereft over their lost SpongeBob SquarePants wallpaper, the only one we haven't heard from is the family dog!

I'll get a corkscrew and some glasses for the wine. Be right back......

Rich
Wow. What does this even mean? Are you implying women and/or children are not entitled to likes or opinions? I have a wife in my car regularly and her opinion of the new MFT is perfectly valid. I also have a 12-year old (but he was four once) and his is as well. After all, it was a feature set we, as a family, were sold.

Don't own a dog though, but even if I did I'm sure it would take a hell of a lot of wine before I could get the point of thinking I could makes sense of his/her opinion when presented to me in his/her native language.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #1482
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Seems like a huge stretch from the latest version of Windows Embedded Automotive is v7 (true) and MTF uses FlashLite (explains a lot) and Windows Embedded Automotive (also by all accounts true) to MFT 3.0 uses the latest version of Windows Embedded Automotive. I wouldn't risk even a buck betting on that proposition.

Note http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembe...evelopers.aspx lists versions 3.1, 4.1, 4.2, 5.5, and 7 as all being supported.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #1483
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
Seems like a huge stretch from the latest version of Windows Embedded Automotive is v7 (true) and MTF uses FlashLite (explains a lot) and Windows Embedded Automotive (also by all accounts true) to MFT 3.0 uses the latest version of Windows Embedded Automotive. I wouldn't risk even a buck betting on that proposition.

Note http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembe...evelopers.aspx lists versions 3.1, 4.1, 4.2, 5.5, and 7 as all being supported.
A little confused by your wording on this. Are you saying you believe that MFT uses WEA 7?
Sonic Crew #28
Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #1484
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
I would be very surprised if MFT3 uses WEA v7. According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...ded_Automotive v7 was released in 4Q10. Unless MFT 3 upgraded versions, which seems unlikely given all the other problems thay had to solve, that release date was mere months before MFT Focuses were rolling off the line. But I could be surprised if someone has some evidence.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #1485
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
It's now unanimous. Every generation as spoken.... and this version is less fun.
Sooo glad I kept MFT v2 ... I seriously believe it is much better then this downgraded v3 crap ... It should make a more valuable resale someday too. At some point it may become obsolete but for now it definitely is much more impressive then the new version. Pretty soon after all the updates are done the early ver2 sys will become a forgotton past of MFT but for those who kept it they will be the only lucky ones to enjoy and share the more enjoyable loaded with features version that Ford originally designed. Unless Ford can get a clue and come up with a v4 sys that gives back everything that v3 took away. We did get the Euro designed Focus after all the complaints about the US designed 2nd gen model. Maybe Ford can take a listen to what people want instead of doing what they think is best. Oh well compitition will set the stage so will have to see what others are doing with the infotainment systems and it will be up to them to change or not.

Does anyone know if the euro MFT3 has the same dumbed down ugly version that we got?
Old 04-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #1486
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
...Does anyone know if the euro MFT3 has the same dumbed down ugly version that we got?
There is no MFT in the Focus Euro version.

P.S. I had my MFT v3 for a week now and I can say that yes, it hasn't all the "glowing" the v2.11 had, but it grows on me more and more.
---------changed for--------------
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1
Old 04-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #1487
GT5001
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 48923
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 GT5001 Good Standing Member
v3 may not be perfect but I find it much improved over the previous version. The only problem I've noticed is that MFT still occasionally "jumps" from Sirius to radio, to iPod, etc., on start up. Otherwise, no other problems.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #1488
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Am I to understand that I also lost the ability to preset my favorite Sirius chanels with this new MFT 3 ?? And that I will have to wrestle this dumb interface each time I'll want to tune in on a station ?? I'll have to do it manualy and take my eyes off the road everytime?? Why Ford, why in the name of God ???
Old 04-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #1489
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
Am I to understand that I also lost the ability to preset my favorite Sirius chanels with this new MFT 3 ?? And that I will have to wrestle this dumb interface each time I'll want to tune in on a station ?? I'll have to do it manualy and take my eyes off the road everytime?? Why Ford, why in the name of God ???
No, maybe and probably not in that order
Old 04-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #1490
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
No, maybe and probably not in that order
I take my words back. Wifey went to my rescue and found out I had to press the preset button for an extra long period of time. Seems I wasnt pressing it long enuff...

Bookmarks & Social Networks