My Ford Touch Thread - Page 148 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #1471
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
Exaclty what I meant: The wallpaper fonction that allows you to ''only display'' the image of your choice is gone. You can always have a wallpaper image, but its under the 4 quadrants and slightly greyedout. That's what I meant. Not a big thing but it was cool to personalize your display in this matter.
Right, the only wallpaper display now mutes the graphic in a washed-out/faded fashion so it doesn't clash too bad with the info that overlays it.

I was going to agree with your original post on this. But every one of the 100 people that have posted this opinion has been flamed for being too picky. Be prepared for this harassment on any post that does not describe a total freeze or smoke coming from MFT. I love MFT when it is working right (and features aren't being removed) but for some reason, every criticism seems to be met by a flock of "stop-whinning" posts. Go figure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #1472
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
I was just saying that having the possibility to display an image of your liking was a neat feature. Not a big thing, as long as the damm thing works and does not freak out on me again, I'll get over it one day )
Old 04-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #1473
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
And our car IS running Win7 Auto...
I wish that were true. Unfortunately, it is not.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #1474
cacophonous
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89165
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti & 2005 Saab 92X Aero

FF Reputation: 2 cacophonous Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
I am really sad that they took away the wallpaper fonction.

Must be a Canadian thing, I downloaded a nice pic from the Arizona desert on to mine.
Not a Canadian thing, I also think it was a dumb move. My 4 y/o was upset after the update that there are buttons and text all over the mario oneup wallpaper. I explained the update did it and he said, "awww can't you take it back".
Old 04-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #1475
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophonous View Post
Not a Canadian thing, I also think it was a dumb move. My 4 y/o was upset after the update that there are buttons and text all over the mario oneup wallpaper. I explained the update did it and he said, "awww can't you take it back".
It's now unanimous. Every generation as spoken.... and this version is less fun.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #1476
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
Be prepared for this harassment on any post that does not describe a total freeze or smoke coming from MFT. I love MFT when it is working right (and features aren't being removed) but for some reason, every criticism seems to be met by a flock of "stop-whinning" posts. Go figure.
Hey, I've never flamed you biggerboat! Oh wait, you and I have totally been on the same page all along.

I've actually gone back and forth a few times via email with Ford seeking explanation. Nothing serious, just passively pursuing it. They still stick to the "changes based on customer feedback" mantra in every response. I guess those on this forum are not representative of typical Ford customers because I seriously do not ever remember seeing any "I wish they would get rid of custom homescreens" or "I wish they would make the damn album art smaller" or "I wish they just simply remove the ability to set those favorites buttons" posts.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #1477
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
I looked at MFT 3 in my Focus vs MFT 2 in my girlfriend's Focus last night, side by side...

Why is all the colour gone? Seriously, the quadrants used to be vibrant, now they're all grey. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear the screen was replaced with an inferior one.

Also, MFT 3 worked properly for 1 whole drive... now it always shows the same song info that I last had on for that drive, and won't play/pause/skip in BT audio.

One last thing... Why in God's name did does the new nav map show pedestrian paths? They look the same as roads (grey line, same thickness)... this is a car! It looks confusing as hell now. I thought I'd zoom out and it would just show roads, but zoomed out to 500m gets rid of all non-major roads... so my entire suburb disappeared.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #1478
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Wow. Between wives asking what the outside temperature is every two hours, and 4 year olds bereft over their lost SpongeBob SquarePants wallpaper, the only one we haven't heard from is the family dog!

I'll get a corkscrew and some glasses for the wine. Be right back......

Rich
Old 04-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #1479
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Quick Q: Anybody know what the voice command is to return to the 4-panel home screen? Tried and tried and looked in voice command help and online and can't figure it out...

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #1480
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
I wish that were true. Unfortunately, it is not.
Straight from the article:

"This is an interesting, but not altogether unexpected development. Microsoft has long produced the OS used by Ford -- Windows Embedded Automotive, and the latest version (v7), was built on a trimmed down version of Windows 7."

So I shortened Windows Embedded Automotive down to Win7 Auto, but if I'm wrong then what are we running? To the best of my knowledge we're running an interface built in Flash Lite that's running on top of Windows Embedded Automotive.
Sonic Crew #28

Bookmarks & Social Networks