My Ford Touch Thread - Page 146 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #1451
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliosj228 View Post
My Google-Fu is failing me. I'll keep searching. I see a lot of references to delayedreboot.cab but no place to download it.
How hard would it have been for Ford to add a hard reset method that does not wipe settings like the master reset does? Instead we are forced to crawl under the dash to pull fuses or skulk around the net for hacker reboot routines.

It's because this MFT system is so great "when it is working in stable fashion" that I rant endlessly.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #1452
heliosj228
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97016
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 heliosj228 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
How hard would it have been for Ford to add a hard reset method that does not wipe settings like the master reset does? Instead we are forced to crawl under the dash to pull fuses or skulk around the net for hacker reboot routines.

It's because this MFT system is so great "when it is working in stable fashion" that I rant endlessly.
I haven't become cynical yet, but I could see how quickly I could get there. I'm trying to be zen about it all.. I knew about the problems before I bought the car. But this preset issue is fscking weird.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #1453
B1GTED
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96546
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 B1GTED Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliosj228 View Post
I bought my car with the "performance upgrade" already installed, so I don't have any insight as to the previous problems people experienced. I've generally been pleased with how the Mytouch has performed, but in the last couple of days the Sirius presets have gone blank and I can't reset them.

I performed a reset through the setting options; then all the default presets were there for Sirius, but when I set my own and turned the car on & off, they were back to being blank. It's worth noting despite the presets being blank, they still work, just appear blank -- so one can assume the computer isn't losing it's memory.

Called the MyTouch tech support.. worthless. I had to explain the problem 5 times over and I still don't believe he fully understood my issue.

Based on some keyword searching, I suspect I'm not the only one having this problem. Any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!
I found a fix that works everytime that my presets are blank. If my presets are blank, but the are continuing to work, i go to the entertainment screen, they are blank there too, ove on the left where you choose what source you want to listen to, I click on the sirius button, and it switches to the second set of presets, and they show up fine, push it again to get the 3rd set of presets, they show up fine, and then press it one more time, and it goes back to my first page of presets and they are all back and show up fine after that. It is almost like by cycling thru them, it refreshed/redrew the missing text.

It has blanked out my presets 3 times now since being on MFT 3.0.2, and has worked everytime I cycle thru them.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #1454
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcakes View Post
1- The album art is smaller. The big album art was one of my favourite features. I'll get over it. ;)

Andy
Yeah, this bugs me as well as I liked the old entertainment screen as a whole much better. Of course, you can go into the info screen in entertainment and then your album art is bigger, actually even larger than it was in 2.11. Drawback is you are stuck in the info screen if you want the large album art.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #1455
heliosj228
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97016
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 heliosj228 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GTED View Post
I found a fix that works everytime that my presets are blank. If my presets are blank, but the are continuing to work, i go to the entertainment screen, they are blank there too, ove on the left where you choose what source you want to listen to, I click on the sirius button, and it switches to the second set of presets, and they show up fine, push it again to get the 3rd set of presets, they show up fine, and then press it one more time, and it goes back to my first page of presets and they are all back and show up fine after that. It is almost like by cycling thru them, it refreshed/redrew the missing text.

It has blanked out my presets 3 times now since being on MFT 3.0.2, and has worked everytime I cycle thru them.
Hmm! I don't think I tried that. Is that in the manual? ;) Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #1456
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GTED View Post

Good lord what were these "beta testers" doing? Good that you figured it out but why do we have to learn these workarounds? I have the same thing with my Nav. If I am on the Nav screen and switch to any other screen I have no road name in my Nav tab. The only way around it for me is to go to a third screen (any) and back to the one I initially switched to. Then the road name is back in the corner tab. I learned a whole set of workarounds for 2.11 and now I feel that since updating, all I am doing is learning a new set of workarounds.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #1457
A2Fan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87793
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 A2Fan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_C View Post
So where do we stand on the Lemon Law with MFT?
I would seem to me that if you bring it to the dealer 4 times for a MFT problem that can't be resolved, you get your money back or a new car right?
If everyone is going to press Ford maybe a fix will come????
If I'd know the MFT system was going to be this glitchy, even after a major rewrite, I simply wouldn't have bought this car. My loyalty to the Ford brand is now non-existent.

When the inevitable class action suit happens, I'll join it.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #1458
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
So I've been updated to MFT3 against my wishes, but because v2 finally just stopped functioning in many ways. It really looks as poor as I thought it did in photos. It looks like it's made for people with challenges... And the colour is all washed out.. everything looks more grey.

Then there's the volume indicator only updating when you've changed it twice (although the volume does respond to each increment, it only displays every 2nd change). Bluetooth Audio is now on the 2nd page of inputs, which I don't like because I don't ever use AM, Sirius is expired, and I don't use CDs.. etc. Nav just plain looks childish. I can't see my phone battery life anymore unless I'm in the 4 quadrants screen. At least it looks less laggy, although the response times are about the same, just with smoother blends.

Sigh. :(
Old 04-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #1459
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
^^ Sorry to hear man! You did manage to hold out for a while.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #1460
electech
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85620
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 electech Good Standing Member
How many with new builds, i.e not updated after being built, are having trouble? Ours is due to be built next Wednesday and I sure hope they have it sorted out for the most part. I'm wondering if the update process is causing some issues itself. Lord knows, when you buy a piece of software for the computer and then read on the box or instructions the following, "All you need to do is......", you know you are in deep crap!!! It never works as advertised so I am wondering if the same applies here.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.