My Ford Touch Thread - Page 145 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #1441
heliosj228
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
heliosj228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 97016
Location: Denver, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SEL

Posts: 27
FF Reputation: 1 heliosj228 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I bought my car with the "performance upgrade" already installed, so I don't have any insight as to the previous problems people experienced. I've generally been pleased with how the Mytouch has performed, but in the last couple of days the Sirius presets have gone blank and I can't reset them.

I performed a reset through the setting options; then all the default presets were there for Sirius, but when I set my own and turned the car on & off, they were back to being blank. It's worth noting despite the presets being blank, they still work, just appear blank -- so one can assume the computer isn't losing it's memory.

Called the MyTouch tech support.. worthless. I had to explain the problem 5 times over and I still don't believe he fully understood my issue.

Based on some keyword searching, I suspect I'm not the only one having this problem. Any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!
heliosj228 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #1442
hotcakes
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98239
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Metallic White SEL

Posts: 1
FF Reputation: 1 hotcakes Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I may as well chime in here. I've been lurking on this forum for a while without a real reason to post, until now. :)

I was having all kinds of issues before the update... freezing, time on clock not advancing properly, a few times the radio kept playing for 15-20 minutes after the car was off. Since the update things have been much better, but there are a few issues that are bothering me.
1- The album art is smaller. The big album art was one of my favourite features. I'll get over it. ;)
2- I have an iPod I keep in the car. The music is playing when I turn off the car. When I come back and start the car again, it's on the same song, but paused. So I have to touch the screen to get to the red quadrant, then press play to get the music again. This wasn't happening before the update. Is this a bug? Or just an issue on my system?
3- The album art seems to not work at all with songs on a USB. My wife's Kia shows the album art fine with the same USB stick. Again... bug? Or just my system?

Andy
hotcakes is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #1443
lewisra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 569
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliosj228 View Post
I bought my car with the "performance upgrade" already installed, so I don't have any insight as to the previous problems people experienced. I've generally been pleased with how the Mytouch has performed, but in the last couple of days the Sirius presets have gone blank and I can't reset them.

I performed a reset through the setting options; then all the default presets were there for Sirius, but when I set my own and turned the car on & off, they were back to being blank. It's worth noting despite the presets being blank, they still work, just appear blank -- so one can assume the computer isn't losing it's memory.

Called the MyTouch tech support.. worthless. I had to explain the problem 5 times over and I still don't believe he fully understood my issue.

Based on some keyword searching, I suspect I'm not the only one having this problem. Any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!
Use the delayedreboot.cab when you encounter any issues. I carry it in my car on an extra USB. It fixes all my issues when they arise. Though I don't have Nav or use an Iphone or iPod, so I can't assure it cures those issues.
lewisra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #1444
heliosj228
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
heliosj228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 97016
Location: Denver, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SEL

Posts: 27
FF Reputation: 1 heliosj228 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Use the delayedreboot.cab when you encounter any issues. I carry it in my car on an extra USB. It fixes all my issues when they arise. Though I don't have Nav or use an Iphone or iPod, so I can't assure it cures those issues.
Thanks for the tip. Does delayedreboot.cab wipe your settings? And where can I acquire that?
heliosj228 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #1445
lewisra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 569
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliosj228 View Post
Thanks for the tip. Does delayedreboot.cab wipe your settings? And where can I acquire that?
No it does not wipe your settings, does the MicroSoft System Maintenance reboot. That's why I use it. Google it, I got it off of the Ford Edge forum, had to register to get it. Not sure if any one has put it anywhere else.
lewisra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #1446
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict
 
BiggerBoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85913
Location: MAUMEE, OH
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

Posts: 712
FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliosj228 View Post
Thanks for the tip. Does delayedreboot.cab wipe your settings? And where can I acquire that?
I am also having the same Siruis blank presets. They come and go after car restarts. I have been meaning to do another fuse pull. I should probably also get that reboot file since the fuse pulls are a pain. But the fuse pulls have always been the only good way to get things stabilized. The 'master reset' is useless for my money because you lose setting and it doesn't fix issues half the time because is it not a FULL hard reboot like the hard power(fuses) or reboot cab method.

While this new version is better, I am continually frustrated by the odd graphic bugs and the fact that Ford has acknowledged no problems on this version. I can only hope they are working on an update and just being tight-lipped about it.
BiggerBoat is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #1447
heliosj228
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
heliosj228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 97016
Location: Denver, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SEL

Posts: 27
FF Reputation: 1 heliosj228 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
No it does not wipe your settings, does the MicroSoft System Maintenance reboot. That's why I use it. Google it, I got it off of the Ford Edge forum, had to register to get it. Not sure if any one has put it anywhere else.
My Google-Fu is failing me. I'll keep searching. I see a lot of references to delayedreboot.cab but no place to download it.
heliosj228 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #1448
lewisra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 569
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliosj228 View Post
My Google-Fu is failing me. I'll keep searching. I see a lot of references to delayedreboot.cab but no place to download it.
I guess it is here's the first return on my google.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.p...cing-a-reboot/

It's on the 5th or 6th post, posted by Wilson6...
lewisra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #1449
lewisra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 93289
Location: Howell, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Posts: 569
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
I am also having the same Siruis blank presets. They come and go after car restarts. I have been meaning to do another fuse pull. I should probably also get that reboot file since the fuse pulls are a pain. But the fuse pulls have always been the only good way to get things stabilized. The 'master reset' is useless for my money because you lose setting and it doesn't fix issues half the time because is it not a FULL hard reboot like the hard power(fuses) or reboot cab method.
I've never done a fuse pull, battery disconnect or master reset.
lewisra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #1450
heliosj228
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
heliosj228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 97016
Location: Denver, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SEL

Posts: 27
FF Reputation: 1 heliosj228 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
I guess it is here's the first return on my google.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.p...cing-a-reboot/

It's on the 5th or 6th post, posted by Wilson6...
Hell, right in front of me. Thanks again. :) I'll try this over lunch.
heliosj228 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.