My Ford Touch Thread - Page 144 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #1431
Gary_C
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95312
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gary_C Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_C View Post
I am still waiting for mine. Should i go further than the dealer with my complaint or just sit back and wait patiently for the SD card?
Buehler? Buehler? anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #1432
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wag4513 View Post
How does sending map directions from google work? I'm slow so I need step by step directions, please.
Once you have your directions on google maps, click the small 'link' button in the upper right corner of the panel. Then click Send. Options will then come up, one of which will be "car". You then enter your model of car and cell number.

When you get in your car, click the Command button on the wheel and say 'Services'. It will dial in and tell you have directions waiting and ask if you want to download them. Works pretty good and is a lot better than using the touchscreen to enter the destination address.

Rich
Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #1433
electech
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85620
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 electech Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
Once you have your directions on google maps, click the small 'link' button in the upper right corner of the panel. Then click Send. Options will then come up, one of which will be "car". You then enter your model of car and cell number.

When you get in your car, click the Command button on the wheel and say 'Services'. It will dial in and tell you have directions waiting and ask if you want to download them. Works pretty good and is a lot better than using the touchscreen to enter the destination address.

Rich
I am assuming you have to have a phone paired with your car for this? Is this part of the Sync services? We are still waiting on our car so we are not knowledgeable in this area. We ordered Nav, are you saying this is better?
Old 04-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #1434
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlculpepper View Post
During Sync Services turn by turn nav (TBT), the display on my 2012 Focus Message center is showing excessive miles to the next turn. For instance, the MyTouch display shows the correct 4 miles, the message center shows 1300 miles and counts down the miles by random changes of hundreds of miles. Whenever TBT changes it's distance to feet, MyTouch shows the correct distance, the message center shows something like "Destination 9999 feet." Can anyone direct me to information about repairing this?
I'd suggest trying the delayedreboot.cab to reboot your MFT. To me it's simpler than pulling fuse.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #1435
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
When did you get your car Gary? If it was in Feb / March of this year you may not get the update and would have to arrange it with your dealer. I suggest you call Sync Support and ask them your status.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #1436
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wag4513 View Post
How does sending map directions from google work? I'm slow so I need step by step directions, please.
Send to SYNC is a feature of the SYNC Services. With Send to SYNC you can select a destination online from your favorite mapping website and simply click the Send to SYNC link or Send to Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicle link. No printing of maps or directions is required.

When you're in your vehicle and your previously paired mobile phone is connected to SYNC, simply press the VOICE button and request, "Services." You'll be asked if you'd like directions to the destination you selected online. After you confirm this request, SYNC Services calculates the optimal route based on current traffic conditions and sends it to your vehicle. Once the route download is complete, SYNC will speak turn-by-turn directions to the destination selected online.

If your vehicle is equipped with a navigation System and has an active SYNC Services subscription, Send to SYNC will calculate a route based on your in-vehicle navigation preferences.

Quote:
LOL, Gary! PM me your VIN/mailing address and I'll check on the status of your upgrade packet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlculpepper View Post
During Sync Services turn by turn nav (TBT), the display on my 2012 Focus Message center is showing excessive miles to the next turn. For instance, the MyTouch display shows the correct 4 miles, the message center shows 1300 miles and counts down the miles by random changes of hundreds of miles. Whenever TBT changes it's distance to feet, MyTouch shows the correct distance, the message center shows something like "Destination 9999 feet." Can anyone direct me to information about repairing this?
Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you performed a Master Reset since the installation of the new software?

If anyone has additional questions, give me a shout.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 04-24-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #1437
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Send to SYNC is a feature of the SYNC Services. With Send to SYNC you can select a destination online from your favorite mapping website and simply click the Send to SYNC link or Send to Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicle link. No printing of maps or directions is required.

When you're in your vehicle and your previously paired mobile phone is connected to SYNC, simply press the VOICE button and request, "Services." You'll be asked if you'd like directions to the destination you selected online. After you confirm this request, SYNC Services calculates the optimal route based on current traffic conditions and sends it to your vehicle. Once the route download is complete, SYNC will speak turn-by-turn directions to the destination selected online.

If your vehicle is equipped with a navigation System and has an active SYNC Services subscription, Send to SYNC will calculate a route based on your in-vehicle navigation preferences.

LOL, Gary! PM me your VIN/mailing address and I'll check on the status of your upgrade packet.

Are you still experiencing this issue? Have you performed a Master Reset since the installation of the new software?

If anyone has additional questions, give me a shout.

Jaclyn
Been having some odd issues lately that just cropped up a week or two ago... I always give the system a minute to boot up and make sure all my devices are detected before going and hitting buttons but I've noticed recently that when listening to my iPod through USB or my iPhone through Bluetooth, sometimes hitting the power button to shut off the entertainment portion of the system doesn't work, it'll bring me back to the home screen but the music will stop and then start again and the power button logo doesn't show up, just shows the song info.

In order for this NOT to happen I have to manually pause the song first and then press the power button.

I always shut off the radio before leaving the car so I can avoid any of the small glitches that occur when turning the car on after leaving the radio on (i.e. FM/AM default, overlaid graphic issues, multiple highlighted inputs, etc.)

Any comment on this?
Sonic Crew #28
Old 04-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #1438
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
but I've noticed recently that when listening to my iPod through USB or my iPhone through Bluetooth, sometimes hitting the power button to shut off the entertainment portion of the system doesn't work, it'll bring me back to the home screen but the music will stop and then start again and the power button logo doesn't show up, just shows the song info.
I was getting this as well. Didn't really start for me until about three weeks after the update but then it began, albeit inconsistently and certainly not every time I tried to power down entertainment. I got in the habit of shutting down entertainment as well due to both the instability of 2.11 (didn't want to unnecessarily tax an already unstable system) and the increased use of my remote start in the winter months (no purpose for music to be playing when I wasn't in the car). Hasn't happened since the master reset I did about a week and half ago (this was only one in a list of issues cropping up that finally forced me to that) but then again it didn't occur in the first week and a half after the update either so I am keeping an eye on it.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #1439
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I was getting this as well. Didn't really start for me until about three weeks after the update but then it began, albeit inconsistently and certainly not every time I tried to power down entertainment. I got in the habit of shutting down entertainment as well due to both the instability of 2.11 (didn't want to unnecessarily tax an already unstable system) and the increased use of my remote start in the winter months (no purpose for music to be playing when I wasn't in the car). Hasn't happened since the master reset I did about a week and half ago (this was only one in a list of issues cropping up that finally forced me to that) but then again it didn't occur in the first week and a half after the update either so I am keeping an eye on it.
This happened for me AFTER I did a master reset on the new system to fix the clock constantly failing to update and displaying the time it was when I got out of the car previously... not a big deal hitting pause first but just another step that shouldn't be necessary. I don't mind shutting down entertainment first I do that anyway but having to pause first is annoying.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 04-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #1440
RDJTX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88961
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 RDJTX Good Standing Member
Quote:
I just got mine about a week ago so I would maybe give it a bit yet. I have not caught up on the thread totally yet so I don't know if you have tried the down load.

I did the download as soon as it was available on mysync. You HAVE to have an 8gb stick I think it was. I tried to use a smaller stick that had room on it but it wouldn't work.

Sent from my ADR6350 using FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks