My Ford Touch Thread - Page 143 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #1421
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Nothing to see here.......
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12

Last edited by Pendarus; 04-20-2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Wong post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #1422
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_C View Post
So where do we stand on the Lemon Law with MFT?
I would seem to me that if you bring it to the dealer 4 times for a MFT problem that can't be resolved, you get your money back or a new car right?
If everyone is going to press Ford maybe a fix will come????
Unfortunately that rationale probably won't work. MFT is not a critical system, i.e. it's not a system that renders the car unable to drive if it's having issues. It can be quite inconvenient sitting you on the side of the road for 10 minutes while the radio blasts at full volume with no key in the ignition, but you probably won't get anywhere filing a lemon law claim with it since it's not engine/drivetrain related and the car can still be driven with the issues.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 04-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #1423
SaToX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94321
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 SaToX Good Standing Member
Just wanted to post that I live in Canada and just received my update in the mail yesterday. I know there was some people wondering about whether we were going to get it a week or 2 ago.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #1424
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
I only want to say I got the package two days ago and I installed it today. I will give you my opinion in a few days of using it.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #1425
Gary_C
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95312
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gary_C Good Standing Member
I am still waiting for mine. Should i go further than the dealer with my complaint or just sit back and wait patiently for the SD card?
Old 04-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #1426
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I have had little in the way of bugs recently. I few songs on my iphone that MFT chooses to ignore, and if i try to play them it screws up the display.
Not really any crashes.
My main thing now is the weather map and movie times from Sirus. They just don't work. I have to call sirius, but I assume they will direct me to ford.

I have been dialing into services to retrieve Nav destinations regularly. I send them from google maps. it has worked wonderfully and it making me love the system again (I actually went for the MFT for this exact feature)
Old 04-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #1427
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
I agree. The ability to send directions from Google Maps directly to the car is great. I hate having to type in the address on any mobile type device. This works great!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #1428
wag4513
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87744
What I Drive: 2011 Acura MDX

FF Reputation: 1 wag4513 Good Standing Member
How does sending map directions from google work? I'm slow so I need step by step directions, please.
Ordered July 19th, Built August 12th,
Delivery estimate 8/29 Picked Up Car on 9/9
Old 04-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #1429
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
First long road trip since v3 update this past week (7 -day 1600 mile round trip with lots of day trips adding another 500 miles). I posted several graphics bugs and missing features the first few days after I installed but on this trip, I had my tester hat off and my "I'm on vacation", hat in its place so this is a more general use impression...

Positives:
- No hard freezes. v2.11 would almost always freeze on a long trip finding me under the dash for a fuse pull)
- iPod Nano(16Mb) use much improved. No endless indexing or failed voice commands. And browsing much quicker.
- Turn-by-turn instructions (via Services, not Navigation). Much improved. This was very poor on v2.11 since every-time I used it and went off route, it would dial back into get new instructions and just die. Now, it indicates you are off route and asks if you want to modify route. (I just say no cause I'm getting gas or food). It sees when I am back on route and continues the instructions.

Problems:
- Saw much more of the graphic bugs described right after the update which I will not re-detail again. But, basically, disappearing radio station frequency display, Siruis presets losing their station description labels and changing to just 1-6 numbers, compass not updating.
- One morning at start-up the clock was off about 17 min fast?? This used to happen all the time on v2.11 I believe because the system would get so bogged to the point that it could not even keep time. Was hoping this would be gone in v3 but ...not really. This same day so the most intense disappearing graphic elements so it was struggling with something.

So is it better than v2.11 in operation ? Yes. (This ignoring the missing/removed features aspect. ..My wife has to ask me the outside temperature every 2 hours.) It is anywhere near as stable as it should be? No.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #1430
redshift1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93084
What I Drive: Titanium Noir

FF Reputation: 1 redshift1 Good Standing Member
Big improvement for me, no freezes, resets or quirky behaviors. Done at the dealership while an antenna issue was being repaired. I might mention that the upgrade was re-installed because my original installation caused some new problems with the touchscreen although according to the screen messages the process was successful.

Bookmarks & Social Networks