My Ford Touch Thread - Page 142 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #1411
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
Does the delayedreboot.cab work on V 3.0.2? I tried it and it installed, but it never rebooted that I can tell.
It hasn't worked for me since 3.0.2. I have tried it several times, maybe I am waiting too long after turning the car off, I usually wait about a minute.

For me when the car comes back on I get no "Performing Scheduled Maintenance" screen. The system just boots as normal. Though when it does come up the radio preset buttons on the home screen are blank and the nab seems to have reloaded.

Ill try waiting less next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #1412
lewisra
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullwingdmc View Post
It hasn't worked for me since 3.0.2. I have tried it several times, maybe I am waiting too long after turning the car off, I usually wait about a minute.

For me when the car comes back on I get no "Performing Scheduled Maintenance" screen. The system just boots as normal. Though when it does come up the radio preset buttons on the home screen are blank and the nab seems to have reloaded.

Ill try waiting less next time.
When I first started using the cab, the instructions that the person that posted it said you needed to wait at least 5 minutes after the system shut down. The instructions included in the readme.txt file says 30 seconds. 30 seconds has always worked for me, but I did 5 minutes the first time I ever used it and it worked as well. I don't think 1 minute is too long. Be sure to open your door so the system shuts down. i don't have Nav, not sure if this has anything to do with it.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #1413
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

I do open the door. What makes me think it's not working for my system anymore is the same USB stick, the same timing and instructions worked fine on 2.11. As soon as I updated to 3.0.2 it stopped working.

It's too bad, that was the one thing that made me not get pissed at the system when it started to screw up.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #1414
lewisra
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullwingdmc View Post
I do open the door. What makes me think it's not working for my system anymore is the same USB stick, the same timing and instructions worked fine on 2.11. As soon as I updated to 3.0.2 it stopped working.

It's too bad, that was the one thing that made me not get pissed at the system when it started to screw up.
hmmmm, might be the flash drive. I'd try another. It worked for me before and after the upgrade. Just did it yesterday, though it was from newer USB flash drive. I'll try my old flash drive, if i can remember to get it from my house and let you know.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #1415
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
hmmmm, might be the flash drive. I'd try another. It worked for me before and after the upgrade. Just did it yesterday, though it was from newer USB flash drive. I'll try my old flash drive, if i can remember to get it from my house and let you know.
Ya I tried that too. I re downloaded the files, formatted a different flash drive then put the files on.

Its really odd.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #1416
Gary_C
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95312
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gary_C Good Standing Member
So where do we stand on the Lemon Law with MFT?
I would seem to me that if you bring it to the dealer 4 times for a MFT problem that can't be resolved, you get your money back or a new car right?
If everyone is going to press Ford maybe a fix will come????
Old 04-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #1417
rlculpepper
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97355
What I Drive: '12 Ngot Slvr SEL 303A Moonroof

FF Reputation: 1 rlculpepper Good Standing Member
Help with Turn by Turn on Message Center Console

During Sync Services turn by turn nav (TBT), the display on my 2012 Focus Message center is showing excessive miles to the next turn. For instance, the MyTouch display shows the correct 4 miles, the message center shows 1300 miles and counts down the miles by random changes of hundreds of miles. Whenever TBT changes it's distance to feet, MyTouch shows the correct distance, the message center shows something like "Destination 9999 feet." Can anyone direct me to information about repairing this?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #1418
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlculpepper View Post
During Sync Services turn by turn nav (TBT), the display on my 2012 Focus Message center is showing excessive miles to the next turn. For instance, the MyTouch display shows the correct 4 miles, the message center shows 1300 miles and counts down the miles by random changes of hundreds of miles. Whenever TBT changes it's distance to feet, MyTouch shows the correct distance, the message center shows something like "Destination 9999 feet." Can anyone direct me to information about repairing this?
Pull the fuse and reboot the unit. If that doesn't work, you're likely SOL.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #1419
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
On thing I noticed last night. On the services screen, the button to connect to services has a green phone icon. This would indicate that you could press the phone button on the steering wheel to connect to services. I tried it several times, and all it does is ask to redial the last number dialed.

Anybody with 3.0.2 try this and have it work?
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12
Old 04-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #1420
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlculpepper View Post
Interesting problem, your probably the first person to try TBT nav with Sync since the "performance upgrade(v3 MFT)"... I doubt it was even beta tested.

Report it on the bug reporting site ... Goodluck

Bookmarks & Social Networks