My Ford Touch Thread - Page 141 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #1401
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I did a master reset last week to try and fix a couple of problems. It didn't fix them but left me two new ones (details a couple of pages previous in this thread). Follow up to those two problems:

The repeat button was still on after next startup but turned off first try (instead of remaining on no matter how many times I turned it off).

I was still getting the corrupt media message whenever I tried "Play Album <title>" after the next startup (on an iPod in which nothing had changed and functioned fine before the reset). I had to add something to it, let it index anew and build voice commands again but it seemed to fix the problem and playing albums by voice works now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #1402
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfNicholas View Post
Try to connect my Ipod through bluetooth it goes to the screen that shows me the pairing code and then goes back and says pairing failed...before I can even type in the number....any solutions?
This is what my car is doing, except with my iPhone... which has been paired for months...

It doesn't even try to pair.. It's almost as if the BT chip is dead.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #1403
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I did a master reset last week to try and fix a couple of problems. It didn't fix them but left me two new ones (details a couple of pages previous in this thread). Follow up to those two problems:

The repeat button was still on after next startup but turned off first try (instead of remaining on no matter how many times I turned it off).

I was still getting the corrupt media message whenever I tried "Play Album <title>" after the next startup (on an iPod in which nothing had changed and functioned fine before the reset). I had to add something to it, let it index anew and build voice commands again but it seemed to fix the problem and playing albums by voice works now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
This is what my car is doing, except with my iPhone... which has been paired for months...

It doesn't even try to pair.. It's almost as if the BT chip is dead.
If your BT devices won't pair, I would make sure you delete the pairing from your phone first, power cycle the phone (power off then on, or remove/reinstall battery). Then, verify it doesn't exist in MFT. Once both steps are done, try repairing again. If it won't pair, see your dealer. These systems are all in warranty, and there's no reason you should have to put up with something malfunctioning.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #1404
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
If your BT devices won't pair, I would make sure you delete the pairing from your phone first, power cycle the phone (power off then on, or remove/reinstall battery). Then, verify it doesn't exist in MFT. Once both steps are done, try repairing again. If it won't pair, see your dealer. These systems are all in warranty, and there's no reason you should have to put up with something malfunctioning.
I'd try the delayedreboot.cab. This fixes my pairing issues I've had.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #1405
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
I'd try the delayedreboot.cab. This fixes my pairing issues I've had.
What is that exactly?
Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #1406
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
What is that exactly?
It reboots MFT without doing a master reset (so you don't lose settings). It requires you turn the car off,though. You can grab it from the link at http://outofmytouch.com. I swear I'm going to finally create its own dedicated page there today so you don't have to register for the Flex forum. Probably. If I don't fall asleep first.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #1407
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Does the delayedreboot.cab work on V 3.0.2? I tried it and it installed, but it never rebooted that I can tell.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #1408
lewisra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
Does the delayedreboot.cab work on V 3.0.2? I tried it and it installed, but it never rebooted that I can tell.
Yes, but after install you need to shut off vehicle, open door to get MFT to shutdown, wait at least 30 seconds and then restart vehicle. You may need to reinstall the cab, if you wait too long it won't reboot. You'll know when it reboots. You'll get the MicroSoft maintenance window then it'll go dark for a short bit.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #1409
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Yes, but after install you need to shut off vehicle, open door to get MFT to shutdown, wait at least 30 seconds and then restart vehicle. You may need to reinstall the cab, if you wait too long it won't reboot. You'll know when it reboots. You'll get the MicroSoft maintenance window then it'll go dark for a short bit.
So does this just reboot it once and each time you want to reboot you put in that flash drive?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #1410
lewisra
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
So does this just reboot it once and each time you want to reboot you put in that flash drive?
yes, i carry an old usb in my car with the cab on it. I've only had to use it once since the upgrade in march. That was after I got my free oil change at my dealer and they did a master reset that messed up my receiving text messages.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->