My Ford Touch Thread - Page 140 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #1391
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^^^ hd radio doesn't exist in canada so as much as id like to, I can't help :rolleyes:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #1392
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
HD radio question for v3 .....
Also noticed no song and artist info on HD radio when on Entertainment screen. I know they deleted this on the home screen (very disappointing) but did they completely delete the HD radio Song & Artist info all together?
No. Look for the orange HD icon on the entertainment page. If you don't see it blinking or solid, then no HD signal was detected, and it will fall back to analog FM. You should still get some data from most stations via RDS, but this is only a few characters and may or may not indicate the song playing.

You will only have the option to switch HD subchannels once the receiver has locked on the HD signal, at which point the HD icon will go solid orange. When in another page, the entertainment corner will show a gray HD logo.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #1393
SelfNicholas
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95823
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 SelfNicholas Good Standing Member
Try to connect my Ipod through bluetooth it goes to the screen that shows me the pairing code and then goes back and says pairing failed...before I can even type in the number....any solutions?
Old 04-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #1394
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
HD radio question for v3 .....

I had my first experience with the v3 system on a demo car this weekend since mine still has the v2 system (and keeping it for now) but noticed when I was listening to the HD radio that there wasn't a selection for HD1 & HD2 channels and when seeking it didn't land on any alternate HD channels. It could of been the poor reception at the mall so it didn't find the HD alternates so I was wondering if anybody with v3 can answer this?

Also noticed no song and artist info on HD radio when on Entertainment screen. I know they deleted this on the home screen (very disappointing) but did they completely delete the HD radio Song & Artist info all together?
Also, just a tip for you and anyone wondering, I have a cousin in the radio industry and she told me that if they are doing a "Commercial Delay" ( Drive at 5 or like Commercial free hour) A lot of times the station isn't playing each individual song, but more like a hour long mashup of the songs into one song. That is why there isn't always song/artist info. Also, if a DJ is spinning the mix, it is the same thing. Its the station, not ford
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 04-16-2012, 11:39 PM   #1395
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Has anyone been experiencing this? I got my car back from the dealership (finally) and just noticed in the last two days that the MFT screen will remain blank on startup (no Ford logo, no anything) for about 20-25 seconds (it also randomly selects an input to play, regardless of what it was left on, but it's done that before). I thought the screen had died when it first happened, but it will pop up directly to the home screen after waiting. I can only imagine how much more annoying this would be if I had gotten the backup camera.
Been happening to me for about a week. I didn't change anything in the system... it just started happening... mine is back for the duration of the boot (which was usually the Ford logo animation).
Old 04-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #1396
Blizzard35
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88463
What I Drive: 2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 2 Blizzard35 Good Standing Member
It is absolutely mind blowing that we have to put up with all this crap regarding MFT. Ford has "SO" dropped the ball on this fiasco that I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would by the Titanium model of the Focus where MFT is standard equipment, you have no choice but to put up with the bull*! I for one can't wait until I'm in a position that I'm able to rid myself of this continuing nightmare and get into a car that "does what it says it will do, nothing more, nothing less." Signed, sick & tired a.k.a. FEED UP!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #1397
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Status update

Hey All...

Just giving a status update since I said I would. You may recall I had to get my MFT update at the dealer because of the 11A02/12M01 status. Although I was having no issues (other than occasional sluggishness), the dealer replaced the APIM under the 12M01 Field Service Action.

It's been 3 weeks since then, and I am happy to report that the system is working great! The only time it ever seems a little laggy is during the re-indexing of my iPod, which is the Classic version with the 160gb HD. It only has about 40GB worth of music on it, which is about 6500 songs. That process takes roughly 10-15 minutes.

I don't know how many of you who are having issues have tried some of these things, and I understand that some of you feel that you should not have to do some of this, but if it helps, here's some of the stuff I do which I personally believe helps.
  • Before I took the car to the dealer for the upgrade, I did a master reset. When I got it back, I did another one before I started using it. Probably wasn't necessary, but I did it nevertheless, and someone from Ford on these forums suggested this be done once AFTER the upgrade. If you haven't done this, you might want to.
  • I try to power down the entertainment system before I shut off the car.
  • I allow about 1 - 2 minutes after starting the car before powering on the entertainment system
  • I try to limit interaction with the entertainment system while it's indexing the iPod or any other device.

Anyway, I just wanted to offer that up for those of you who might want to see if any of it helps you. I cannot claim that my usage practices are the reason I have no issues, but I can only tell you what I am doing in my hopes that it helps someone else.

:-)
Old 04-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #1398
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Thanks for the updaye, GreyFox. I haven't done a master reset since the "upgrade", it may be time to do just that.
Hatch Nation #174
Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #1399
huy1b
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97840
What I Drive: 2012 Gray Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 huy1b Good Standing Member
I have had a lot of problems with MFT sense I got my car last May, the system kept freezing and then crashing the buttons were non responsive. It got to a point to where I would carry a portable speaker system with me so I can hook my phone up to it just in case the system crashed.
My wife drives a 2012 Kia Forte with the navigation system, it basically does the same things as MFT does for example it has the nav, the back up camera, and all of the entertainment options as far as sat radio, usb and bt streaming. The Forte is able to perform these functions without crashing or having any of the issues that MFT has. I dont understand why every other car with a navigation system in it does not have the same issues as MFT does, and why cant MFT do the basic stuff right that other systems do, and besides the fact that you can pause and rewind sat radio, and it has HD radio, and you can control the temp settings on the screen what else does the system truly do that other nav systems dont?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #1400
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfNicholas View Post
Try to connect my Ipod through bluetooth it goes to the screen that shows me the pairing code and then goes back and says pairing failed...before I can even type in the number....any solutions?
I'd try a master reset, if I were you.
Hatch Nation #174

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->