My Ford Touch Thread - Page 139 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #1381
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
OK, so sucked it up and did a master reset last night. Let it finish, re-paired the phone, reset my clock to DST, took voice out of novice mode, and so on.....

Same issues:

Still had the No GPS icon on my Nav screen this morning, disappeared after 4-5 minutes of driving.

"Play Song <title>" command still brings up nonsensical lists of songs. Tried "Play song <title>" for the same song again and again, after saying "None of those" three times because the song was not in any of the lists it was bringing up, I finally got it to play a song without bringing up a list. Only problem, it was not the song I said to play.

No street info under the compass in the Nav screen on the home page. Set a quick route (to my work location) and cancelled it after about a mile. Street info was back under the compass after cancelling the route (this is also what I had to do to get it to appear back when I first got my new Nav card in the mail).

New issues:

Noticed in the Ent screen the my little fake LED for Repeat was lit. I have never had Repeat on. Hit the button, set it to off, clicked OK, and when it went back to the Ent screen the LED was still lit. Hit the button, it showed as still on, set it to off, clicked OK, and when it went back to the Ent screen the LED was still lit. Tried this 6-7 times and it keeps turning it on even after I set it to off. Eventually gave up. Oh well, I'll see if it is still on when leaving work.

"Play Album <title>" now give me an message that it can't play that album due to corrupt media. Tried it with four different albums by four different artists, same message every time (I never saw this before even w/v2.11). iPod is as it was before the master reset and these are albums I was able to successfully play by voice prior to the reset. "Browse artist <artist name>" and then drilling down through the touchscreen to the albums and they started playing no problem so the media is not really corrupt.
Did you unplug your iPod before the reset? After a system reset on my system everything is working better, including the time it takes between using voice commands to make a call and the call actually happening.

I only ask because when you do a reset it says to unplug any USB devices, etc. to avoid issues when plugging them back in and having the system detect them again.
Sonic Crew #28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #1382
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Did you unplug your iPod before the reset? After a system reset on my system everything is working better, including the time it takes between using voice commands to make a call and the call actually happening.

I only ask because when you do a reset it says to unplug any USB devices, etc. to avoid issues when plugging them back in and having the system detect them again.
Yep, iPod was unplugged and Nav card was removed prior to launching the reset. Guess I'll try adding something to it so it will re-index and build voice commands again and see if this helps. I did let it finish both of these before touching anything music-wise after the reset though.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #1383
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Yep, iPod was unplugged and Nav card was removed prior to launching the reset. Guess I'll try adding something to it so it will re-index and build voice commands again and see if this helps. I did let it finish both of these before touching anything music-wise after the reset though.
Hmm... well, universal bugs aside, it still seems as if the Nav equipped cars are having more problems than those without it. I have no Nav and haven't had any major issues, but it seems once again a lot of the guys with Nav are having some pretty big issues.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 04-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #1384
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Hmm... well, universal bugs aside, it still seems as if the Nav equipped cars are having more problems than those without it. I have no Nav and haven't had any major issues, but it seems once again a lot of the guys with Nav are having some pretty big issues.
Well, I'm about due for an oil change anyhow so maybe I'll see if I can talk them into doing a full wipe/reinstall while I'm there to see if that helps. Just annoying in that I spent the time learning to work around the quirks/bugs of v2.11 and now it seems like all the update has accomplished is forcing me to learn to work around a different set of quirks/bugs (having to set and cancel a route when the street info doesn't show up under the compass anymore being a perfect example of one of those types of workarounds).
Old 04-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #1385
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Quote:
Well, I'm about due for an oil change anyhow so maybe I'll see if I can talk them into doing a full wipe/reinstall while I'm there to see if that helps. Just annoying in that I spent the time learning to work around the quirks/bugs of v2.11 and now it seems like all the update has accomplished is forcing me to learn to work around a different set of quirks/bugs (having to set and cancel a route when the street info doesn't show up under the compass anymore being a perfect example of one of those types of workarounds).
When I took my car in for the oil change they told me that they updated the Sync on my car. I told them I had already updated to V3. They said it was an additional update than what I already had installed. I don't see it on my history but I'll take their word for it as this new dealer seems to actually provide good customer service. They actually performed a tire rotation... how do I know my last dealer wasn't doing them? Cause they never asked for the damn wheel lock key >.<

Overall V3.0.2 has functioned better than 2.11 albeit still slow; though the extent of my interaction with the system is now Power On/Power Off/Temperature Dial/Volume Dial. Other than that theres no point in this system, I've given up on it and I am actually enjoying my wife's Dodge UConnect.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #1386
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
I really don't want to upgrade to version 3, but Bluetooth has died completely, and the dealer says the only way to fix it is to at least start by updating it to the latest version. It's so nasty looking.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #1387
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
I got my first crash in 3.0.2 today, after just over a month of runtime. Certainly a huge improvement, but not the 'it shouldn't crash' Ford promised...

http://bugs.outofmytouch.com/issues/72
Old 04-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #1388
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Has anyone been experiencing this? I got my car back from the dealership (finally) and just noticed in the last two days that the MFT screen will remain blank on startup (no Ford logo, no anything) for about 20-25 seconds (it also randomly selects an input to play, regardless of what it was left on, but it's done that before). I thought the screen had died when it first happened, but it will pop up directly to the home screen after waiting. I can only imagine how much more annoying this would be if I had gotten the backup camera.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #1389
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Has anyone been experiencing this? I got my car back from the dealership (finally) and just noticed in the last two days that the MFT screen will remain blank on startup (no Ford logo, no anything) for about 20-25 seconds (it also randomly selects an input to play, regardless of what it was left on, but it's done that before). I thought the screen had died when it first happened, but it will pop up directly to the home screen after waiting. I can only imagine how much more annoying this would be if I had gotten the backup camera.
Yes on the blank screen at startup, no on the switching audio source. Mine was really acting up last week so I finally had to relent and do a Master Reset Thurday evening but I know exactly what you mean, no logo, screen sits there blank, leaving me wondering: Is the screen dead? Is the screen frozen? Am I going to see another reboot? (eventually it comes up but like you said, directly to the home screen).
Old 04-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #1390
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
HD radio question for v3 .....

I had my first experience with the v3 system on a demo car this weekend since mine still has the v2 system (and keeping it for now) but noticed when I was listening to the HD radio that there wasn't a selection for HD1 & HD2 channels and when seeking it didn't land on any alternate HD channels. It could of been the poor reception at the mall so it didn't find the HD alternates so I was wondering if anybody with v3 can answer this?

Also noticed no song and artist info on HD radio when on Entertainment screen. I know they deleted this on the home screen (very disappointing) but did they completely delete the HD radio Song & Artist info all together?

Bookmarks & Social Networks