My Ford Touch Thread - Page 138 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #1371
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^^^ just remember, they're confident in their testing process...lol

;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #1372
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Copernicium:
I'm sorry to hear you are having such difficulty with the updated system. Maybe a factory reset or a complete wipe and reinstall by the dealer might help. I didn't have a lot of problems with the old system (a few freeze ups, and general sluggishness aside), but since my update to 3.0 late last month, I've had no problems whatsoever. The update is much more "put together", and has done everything I've asked it to without a problem. Bluetooth is very fast in locking on to my phone (which it wasn't before) and stays connected now. I've never seen a delay in the GPS locking in.

If I were you, I would get into the dealer and see if a full wipe and reinstall might help.
The new system can work.

Good luck,
Rich
Old 04-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #1373
waiting485
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92338
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 waiting485 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Things seem to be slowly degrading from a stability standpoint since the upgrade, which is what I was afraid of. Over the past few days I have had a "No GPS" icon on the Nav screen for some time after startup. At least over the course of those few days even while it said No GPS, Nav was either functioning perfectly or it was partially functioning, putting me slightly off (you know, driving next to an actual road instead of on the actual road). This morning I had my (what is now usual) NO GPS icon but in looking at the screen I had no idea where it put me. I saw a golf course on the map I have never heard of, streets I have never heard of, and so on. I wanted to zoom out and see where in New York it was putting me (or if it was putting me in some other state entirely for that matter) but as it was apparently not functioning properly I didn't dare hit the zoom out button for fear of lock-up. After about 3-4 minutes of driving, the Nav screen went blank and redrew with me in my actual location. Just the Nav screen blanked, not a BSOD/scheduled maintenance event.
I also had the no GPS icon on the NAV screen couple of days ago, I was in the open and not surrounded by any tall buildings or trees. The arrow on the map was also stuck and was not moving at all when I was driving. I turned my car off and restarted and had the same issue (no GPS icon), turned the car off again and started it after about a minute and then it fixed the GPS issue.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #1374
Blizzard35
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88463
What I Drive: 2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 2 Blizzard35 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting485 View Post
I also had the no GPS icon on the NAV screen couple of days ago, I was in the open and not surrounded by any tall buildings or trees. The arrow on the map was also stuck and was not moving at all when I was driving. I turned my car off and restarted and had the same issue (no GPS icon), turned the car off again and started it after about a minute and then it fixed the GPS issue.
I am in Canada and have yet to receive the 3.0 update yet. The "no GPS" icon is a condition I have been dealing with since June 2011 when I took possession of the car, it has NEVER worked properly since day one! So, if it is still doing this after "upgrading" to 3.0, I for one will NOT be updating until Ford actually fixes MFT, once and for all. Enough is enough!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #1375
wag4513
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87744
What I Drive: 2011 Acura MDX

FF Reputation: 1 wag4513 Good Standing Member
My nav system is a hoot. When it starts up it doesn't know where it is. Once when I set it to take me home from work it placed me in Pittsburgh, PA. I was actually in downtown Dallas, Texas. The system told me I was 1,300 miles from home, rather than the actual 12 miles. Last week, after the up grade, it placed me about a 1/4 of a mile west of my actual location telling me to turn right to get back on my route. It often shows the car facing the wrong direction, west instead of east.

After 10 to 15 minutes of operation it generally wakes up and figures out what is going on.
Ordered July 19th, Built August 12th,
Delivery estimate 8/29 Picked Up Car on 9/9
Old 04-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #1376
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
^^^ just remember, they're confident in their testing process...lol

;-)
Hah, I'd love to take a 15-20 minute drive in my upgraded car with the person at Ford that decided it was a good idea to put those words on paper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
Copernicium:
I'm sorry to hear you are having such difficulty with the updated system. Maybe a factory reset or a complete wipe and reinstall by the dealer might help. I didn't have a lot of problems with the old system (a few freeze ups, and general sluggishness aside), but since my update to 3.0 late last month, I've had no problems whatsoever. The update is much more "put together", and has done everything I've asked it to without a problem. Bluetooth is very fast in locking on to my phone (which it wasn't before) and stays connected now. I've never seen a delay in the GPS locking in.

If I were you, I would get into the dealer and see if a full wipe and reinstall might help.
The new system can work.

Good luck,
Rich
Thanks Rich but like you said, you updated late last month. I updated the day Ford put it on their site for download so I have a little more time on the new system and like I said, my concern is with the stability of the system degrading. Nav worked fine for the first couple of weeks when I got the new card. Now it won't lock on to a GPS signal until several minutes after startup. I got the same "where the heck am I?" map this morning as I got yesterday morning. Yesterday I didn't want to mess with it since I was afraid of a lockup/reboot. This morning I decided to give it a try and zoomed out. Yep, right in the heart of Michigan I was apparently. Good thing my car knows better than me because I thought I was in my driveway in upstate NY. Boy, how embarrassing that I don't even know what state I'm in but thankfully the car is there to correct me.

Again my concern is with things that worked fine before that are suddenly becoming quirky and as I said in my previous post, I have gone out of my way to make sure that no external conditions are being changed, Nav card has never been removed since I put it in, iPod was connected immediately after installation and has never been removed, and so forth. I experienced the same with v2.11, things were fine for the first month or so (one BSOD/reboot) and then started going south. Then the magic "iPod Disconnected" message started showing up, even though it was connected and playing music. Then the magic random volume increases began happening.

I suppose I could try a master reset. That seemed to solve a lot of the problems (at least temporarily) with v2.11. I was just under the impression, after all of Ford's hype, that this upgrade was supposed to eliminate the need to do that. I learned to live with/work around the quirks in the last system. Now I am starting to get the impression that I am going to have to live with/work around the quirks in the new system, only difference being that the new, equally as quirky system is uglier and has removed functionality. Still quirky, ugly, and functions removed - I don't see how this qualifies as an "upgrade".

Interesting that you end with "The new system can work" instead of "The new system does work". v2.11 could work and when it did it worked brilliantly, when it didn't, not so brilliant. Just worried that I am think I am starting to see a repeat of behavior that I have seen before.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #1377
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
I had a BSOD with the new system a couple days ago, but I'm fairly certain it was my fault. The system was beginning to routinely display the time upon startup that it was when I got out of the car last, and wasn't updating, so I did a master reset. I think I started poking around before the reset finished, and the system blanked out and the BSOD popped up.

Never done a master reset before so for all I know the BSOD screen may be normal in that case as it resets everything and erases all the saved data.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 04-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #1378
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
As I use the NAV more, I have been browsing POI lists more often using voice/touch controls.
99% of the time, when I browse POI lists by category, alphabetically, the list just stops around M or P and only loads black pages after. Pretty much making me pull out my iphone and get the address. It's a horribly aggravating bug. Nothing like having to pull over the car with the fancy MFT system and voice commands if if can't list anything half-way through the alphabet.

Additionally, a lot of the time when saying names of POIs, the system will acknowledge the voice, then display a blank list of results and ask me to say which number. But the results never load on screen. Very aggravating! I can say a number and get the confirmation screen for that pick... but i never guess the right one anyways.

Ver 3 is turning out to be more of a POS than ver 2. I would never recommend anyone to invest in this garbage. It's more of an inconvenience than not having it.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #1379
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
report all bugs to http://www.outofmytouch.com

A member on here created the site and is documenting the issues and then sending them to Ford.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #1380
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
OK, so sucked it up and did a master reset last night. Let it finish, re-paired the phone, reset my clock to DST, took voice out of novice mode, and so on.....

Same issues:

Still had the No GPS icon on my Nav screen this morning, disappeared after 4-5 minutes of driving.

"Play Song <title>" command still brings up nonsensical lists of songs. Tried "Play song <title>" for the same song again and again, after saying "None of those" three times because the song was not in any of the lists it was bringing up, I finally got it to play a song without bringing up a list. Only problem, it was not the song I said to play.

No street info under the compass in the Nav screen on the home page. Set a quick route (to my work location) and cancelled it after about a mile. Street info was back under the compass after cancelling the route (this is also what I had to do to get it to appear back when I first got my new Nav card in the mail).

New issues:

Noticed in the Ent screen the my little fake LED for Repeat was lit. I have never had Repeat on. Hit the button, set it to off, clicked OK, and when it went back to the Ent screen the LED was still lit. Hit the button, it showed as still on, set it to off, clicked OK, and when it went back to the Ent screen the LED was still lit. Tried this 6-7 times and it keeps turning it on even after I set it to off. Eventually gave up. Oh well, I'll see if it is still on when leaving work.

"Play Album <title>" now give me an message that it can't play that album due to corrupt media. Tried it with four different albums by four different artists, same message every time (I never saw this before even w/v2.11). iPod is as it was before the master reset and these are albums I was able to successfully play by voice prior to the reset. "Browse artist <artist name>" and then drilling down through the touchscreen to the albums and they started playing no problem so the media is not really corrupt.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->