My Ford Touch Thread - Page 132 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #1311
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
If a bug is really a bug no amount of waiting will fix that, but for the glitches like input highlights, giving the system a minute and making sure you see the messages pop up that the car has detected your USB/bluetooth devices, you shouldn't have those weird highlight issues and overlayed text and whatnot.

So please don't put words in my mouth.
Except for the fact that that isn't true. The highlighting and overlay issues occur on startup, they don't occur due to user input when MFT is still in the process of loading. Waiting to prevent something from happening doesn't work when it happens after zero seconds.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #1312
lo-fo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 43482
What I Drive: 2012 5dr Ti Sport

FF Reputation: 1 lo-fo Good Standing Member
my car has been in and out of the dealership since 03/03 (so that's about a month). my original MFT was acting up, took it in, they tried to install the newly released update (i happened to bring it to the dealer the same day the update was released to them). update failed.

new part 1 ordered. brought my car back in for install. new part 1 not the right part.
new part 2 ordered. brought my car back in for install. new part 2 not the right part.
new part 3 ordered. brought my car back in for install. right new part 3 box, wrong part inside the box (seriously, wtf?).

got the GM of the dealership involved, as my patience had been strung out to it's maximum -- and i just wanted the 5 month old car to work again as it did when it was new.

after 3 weeks of a long back and forth with the parts debacle, the right part came in last monday and it's been fixed. i literally can't wait to get back in to the car on monday. it's been far too long.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #1313
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

I sent an email off to sync@ford.com a week ago to see what they would say about a couple of the major gripes I had (mainly to see if there would be any new/different information) and got a response last night. (Well, I actually got a response two days ago, but that one just said to call them if I wanted any support so this email was a surprise.)

Favorite buttons not being assignable:
Quote:
1. Due to the new upgrade and the re-design of the MyFordTouch, the wallpaper option to select and set up the favorite buttons on the steering wheel is no longer available. Therefore, this feature is no no longer an available option. We have already addressed this concern to the Management team. We apologize for the inconvenience.
USB not resuming where it left off playing:
Quote:
2. Each time you leave the vehicle after 10 minutes, your MFT will start playing the first song on the USB drive. Unfortunately, there is no option to change the settings where MFT can start playing from the last song that was last played.
Removal of the temperature from the MFT screen:
Quote:
3. The outside temperature has been moved to the right cluster on the dashboard, between the compass and the time. It is no longer available for display on the MFT screen.
Volume slider only updating every other notch:
Quote:
4. It is not normal for the the volume display to only update every other notch. You can try performing master reset. However, if this is not resolved then please take it to the dealership for further diagnosis
Old 04-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #1314
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
It's not normal for the volume to update every other notch??? Every person here has that issue.

I saw a video of an Explorer and MFT and the volume DID update every notch. Maybe this is specific to the Focus?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #1315
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
I sent an email off to sync@ford.com a week ago to see what they would say about a couple of the major gripes I had (mainly to see if there would be any new/different information) and got a response last night. (Well, I actually got a response two days ago, but that one just said to call them if I wanted any support so this email was a surprise.)

This is why I have not invested much time talking to Ford on MFT. Theses answers are all a polite blow-off or just silly.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #1316
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
This is why I have not invested much time talking to Ford on MFT. Theses answers are all a polite blow-off or just silly.
I pretty much read them as:
1) We removed that.
2) We removed that.
3) We removed that.
4) Weird. Good luck.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #1317
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
I agree the volume icon only updates every two notches, but that does not interfere with the actual audio increase in volume I get from the radio. In my car the actual volume increase is smooth and constant. Same as it was before the update. Seems to be a cosmetic issue only (and a very minor one to me).

FWIW, I don't use a usb stick for my music, but my ipod resumes where it left off when I restart the car.

Rich
Old 04-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #1318
relisys
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85529
What I Drive: 1999 Black Honda Civic

FF Reputation: 1 relisys Good Standing Member
You had better? luck than me. My email to sync@ford.com was forwarded to ford customer service team, hahaha... I got a standard customer relations reply, without addressing the bugs and feature requests I mentioned in my email. Why would I even bother? Let the competition teach Ford a lesson.

------ Enclosed is the email I got after sending bugs to sync@ford.com -----
My name is ???????? and I am with the Ford Customer Service Division. I have received your e-mail regarding the issues and suggestions for Sync.

From time to time, vehicle models and options are added, deleted or modified. Decisions to make these changes take into account factors such as market trends, customer demands, engineering advances, and dealership input.

To share your general ideas with Ford Motor Company on how we can enhance our products and services, please visit http://www.thefordstory.com. Here consumers such as yourself can voice their opinions on what they would like to see from Ford Motor Company.

The Ford Story is also a place where you can share your experiences on owning a Ford or Lincoln product, get the latest updates on what is happening within the company, or catch up on exciting technologies and concepts being explored by Ford. You can also post questions for our engineers, CEO or designers.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,
????????
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

Quote:

Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 AM   #1319
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
Update Update:

I do have a question though. The letter in the upgrade packet talks about an extension of the "MyFord Touch system SYNC module warranty" but I couldn't find anything specific about it in the upgrade materials. My service advisor said MFT/SYNC was now covered for four (4) years, but he didn't know if the mileage warranty was extended. Does anyone know the specifics of the warranty extension?

Thanks,
Rich

PS: A BIG THANK YOU to the contributors on this site. If not for FocusFanatics, I'd still be checking my mail box every day for an update package that would never be mailed. Again, THANKS BIG TIME!
There is no limit on mileage, it's covered for 4 yrs unlimited mileage.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #1320
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:

:
USB resumes where it left off. It did before the upgrade and still does after the upgrade. All of my songs are in the root directory.

Bookmarks & Social Networks