My Ford Touch Thread - Page 131 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #1301
waiting485
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92338
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 waiting485 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Interesting... Yes, it was the voice match screen to select which line I said.

I'll try it again tomorrow with a different POI name. Maybe it is just Target!
I had the same issue couple of times, once with Panera Bread, and once with some other POI. It will display a blank screen and ask me to select/say a line number, if after selecting the line you go back to previous screen it will display the list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2012, 06:37 AM   #1302
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting485 View Post
I had the same issue couple of times, once with Panera Bread, and once with some other POI. It will display a blank screen and ask me to select/say a line number, if after selecting the line you go back to previous screen it will display the list.
Ok. So say any line number and then press the back button? Thanks for the heads up. Even though it defeats the whole hands free part. :) hopefully this gets fixed in the next update.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #1303
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
I just spent some time in a new Edge Limited with the upgrade and once again found more issues within 10 minutes of use. The left side bar in the entertainment page disappeared, so you couldn't select AM, FM, sirius, etc. Went to another page and back to entertainment and it was then a grey box, still no buttons.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #1304
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Has anyone had an issue after the update where if you use the "M" button on the steering wheel to move to the radio you get no sound? Well this morning I did that and saw it selected a channel, but could not hear anything. I reached over and switched to another channel and the sound started. I immediately switched back to the original channel and it was playing. So I can only assume it was a MFT issue. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #1305
Fuzzy Logic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91597
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Met Tri Ti HB

FF Reputation: 2 Fuzzy Logic Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Update...

My car has been at the dealer since *Monday* (yes, 3+ days and counting) and they still can't sort this out. Supposedly they have disconnected the battery, done a master reset, and completely wiped/re-installed the MFT system multiple times and the old nametags are still in the system. They said they're talking with Ford Corporate to try and sort it out, but there's no ETA on when I'll get my car back at this point. Seems crazy that wiping the entire system doesn't erase the old favorites but that's what they're telling me the situation is.
have your service dept. call my service dept.?

(805) 983-6512

the tech that worked on my car is named tony, if they want to ask for him. before i came in, he NEVER saw the issue i had and was able to solve it. maybe he can tell your tech what he did.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #1306
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
have your service dept. call my service dept.?

(805) 983-6512

the tech that worked on my car is named tony, if they want to ask for him. before i came in, he NEVER saw the issue i had and was able to solve it. maybe he can tell your tech what he did.
Thanks for the number - I'll pass it along to my dealership.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 03-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #1307
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Update Update:

Ok, took my 11A02 coded Focus into the dealership this morning. They did the MFT and Nav update. Gave me the tri-fold update packet with the usb stick and the (miniscule) User Guide. Everything looks good. I did delete all saved navigation favorites and my home address from the nav system last night just to be safe. Curiously, all my AM/FM and Sirius presets were saved. Everything seems to work fine. The system moves faster and the screens look cleaner and more polished. I'll take that!

My iPod loaded right up, indexed and is showing the album art. My Samsung Charge paired right up. Pandora, Slacker and the phone's music player work fine but must initially be started on the phone. Forward, Backward and Pause/Play work fine from the touch screen and the steering wheel. But no album art from the phone or apps. I haven't yet messed with the Nav much, but the sync voice communication was able to find nearby Costco stores without any difficulty. (a problem I did have on the old system).

I do have a question though. The letter in the upgrade packet talks about an extension of the "MyFord Touch system SYNC module warranty" but I couldn't find anything specific about it in the upgrade materials. My service advisor said MFT/SYNC was now covered for four (4) years, but he didn't know if the mileage warranty was extended. Does anyone know the specifics of the warranty extension?

Thanks,
Rich

PS: A BIG THANK YOU to the contributors on this site. If not for FocusFanatics, I'd still be checking my mail box every day for an update package that would never be mailed. Again, THANKS BIG TIME!

Last edited by Richs10; 04-01-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #1308
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Has anyone had an issue after the update where if you use the "M" button on the steering wheel to move to the radio you get no sound? Well this morning I did that and saw it selected a channel, but could not hear anything. I reached over and switched to another channel and the sound started. I immediately switched back to the original channel and it was playing. So I can only assume it was a MFT issue. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
File a (unofficial) bug report. outofmytouch.com
Ford does read the site
Old 03-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #1309
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard35 View Post
Jaclyn.....what's happening (if you know) with all of us Canadian MFT customers and the 3.0 update? I have yet to see anyone from Canada on the forum here that has received the package in the mail?????? I thank you in advance for "any" information you can provide us "Canucks" north of the border!
I've heard from some Canadian customers who have received their upgrade packets. It shouldn't be much longer!

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #1310
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Found another issue with the new MFT today. I can understand them not noticing this though due to what it is. My Sirius trial expired a number of days ago and when I go into Sirius it informs me of such and tells me to call to have it renewed. It includes a "Dial" button with a phone icon for ease of connecting you to Sirius customer service. The button does nothing. Pressing it yields no sound and no call is placed. If you click on the "Subscription Info" on that same screen, there is another Dial button. This one beeps at you when pressed, but no call is placed or attempted.

Once again, this doesn't apply at all for a large number of issues people are having and (personally, since we're doing the "WFM so you're wrong" thought process) hasn't fixed anything when your process is followed.
Of course my methods won't apply to the actual bugs in the system, and not just the quirks that pop up when we don't give the car enough time for the system to boot up. I never said my methods cure all, I just said you avoid a lot of the headaches dealing with the highlighting issues in entertainment, issues with the wrong input being selected, etc.

If a bug is really a bug no amount of waiting will fix that, but for the glitches like input highlights, giving the system a minute and making sure you see the messages pop up that the car has detected your USB/bluetooth devices, you shouldn't have those weird highlight issues and overlayed text and whatnot.

So please don't put words in my mouth.
Sonic Crew #28

Bookmarks & Social Networks