My Ford Touch Thread - Page 129 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-29-2012, 05:35 AM   #1281
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Found another issue with the new MFT today. I can understand them not noticing this though due to what it is. My Sirius trial expired a number of days ago and when I go into Sirius it informs me of such and tells me to call to have it renewed. It includes a "Dial" button with a phone icon for ease of connecting you to Sirius customer service. The button does nothing. Pressing it yields no sound and no call is placed. If you click on the "Subscription Info" on that same screen, there is another Dial button. This one beeps at you when pressed, but no call is placed or attempted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Fact is, maybe we shouldn't have to worry about leaving the radio on, and we don't. The radio will stay on and default to the first source when getting back into the car. This is because the car has to TAKE A MINUTE to detect your devices. Maybe it shouldn't and maybe they should be detected before anything starts playing, but that's not how it works with the new system.

Maybe what I do is use workarounds to get around issues many people are having, but at the end of the day if my system stops having issues because I can handle the simple action of turning my radio off when getting out and back on when getting in, and I can give my car a minute to boot MFT up and detect everything, then you damn well better believe I'm going to do that every time so I can stop bitching like you and everyone else who thinks the system sucks because they don't know to treat it like the computer it is.

After developing these habits, my system has been awesome. No issues, no glitches, the only bug that still remains is the glitch when picking music and using the A-F tab at the top it doesn't go past B, just A-B-A, the others work fine though. THAT is a bug, aside from that, like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm gonna attribute a lot of issues to user-error for people who are too impatient to give their system time to start up properly and too lazy to shut it down properly.

Let the flaming begin, but like I said, at the end of the day my system works because of how I treat it, and maybe if you started treating yours the same way, it would work for you too.
Once again, this doesn't apply at all for a large number of issues people are having and (personally, since we're doing the "WFM so you're wrong" thought process) hasn't fixed anything when your process is followed.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #1282
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

Points 491, Level 9
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullwingdmc View Post
I had my first system crash with 3.0.2 today.

I got in the car, started it up and put it in reverse relatively quickly.
My 2.11 system has been much more stable since I stopped doing that. I make a point of starting first, then fastening my seat belt, and then waiting until the system has booted and paired with my phone before shifting into reverse and activating the backup camera.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #1283
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:

I got in the car, started it up and put it in reverse relatively quickly. The backup camera came on the screen, but was frozen. I backed out of my parking spot and put it in drive. The home screen came up but then started flashing back and forth between the frozen backup cam and the home screen. At some points the the top and bottom bars were gone and the camera was displayed there, while the center remained the home screen.

After doing this for a few seconds the whole system shut down, BSOD (Black Screen Of Death). After about a minute the system came back on and the good ole Performing Scheduled Maintenance screen came up. After that all was normal.

I would really like to talk to an engineer at ford and ask them, if this is "Scheduled Maintenance" could I see a copy of the schedule. I would like to know when my system is going to be non functional, so I can plan my day around it.
"...talk to an engineer at ford.." - You're a funny guy. As I have said repeatedly, it is one of my major frustrations: That there is no way to get to a Level 2 type MFT rep. I'm not sure such a thing exists. Without this, I am not optimistic this system is going to improve significantly.

"..good ole Performing Scheduled Maintenance.." - Another sign that they are still holding to the "make it sound good" approach rather than being clear and honest.

"..put it in reverse relatively quickly.." - How DARE you do such a thing! You need to learn to accommodate MFT and not just go all crazy doing whatever you want.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #1284
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Found another issue with the new MFT today. I can understand them not noticing this though due to what it is. My Sirius trial expired a number of days ago and when I go into Sirius it informs me of such and tells me to call to have it renewed. It includes a "Dial" button with a phone icon for ease of connecting you to Sirius customer service. The button does nothing. Pressing it yields no sound and no call is placed. If you click on the "Subscription Info" on that same screen, there is another Dial button. This one beeps at you when pressed, but no call is placed or attempted.

Once again, this doesn't apply at all for a large number of issues people are having and (personally, since we're doing the "WFM so you're wrong" thought process) hasn't fixed anything when your process is followed.
Quote:

I got in the car, started it up and put it in reverse relatively quickly. The backup camera came on the screen, but was frozen. I backed out of my parking spot and put it in drive. The home screen came up but then started flashing back and forth between the frozen backup cam and the home screen. At some points the the top and bottom bars were gone and the camera was displayed there, while the center remained the home screen.

After doing this for a few seconds the whole system shut down, BSOD (Black Screen Of Death). After about a minute the system came back on and the good ole Performing Scheduled Maintenance screen came up. After that all was normal.

I would really like to talk to an engineer at ford and ask them, if this is "Scheduled Maintenance" could I see a copy of the schedule. I would like to know when my system is going to be non functional, so I can plan my day around it.
Everyone with bugs please report it on http://outofmytouch.com/
Old 03-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #1285
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

Points 312, Level 6
Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Son of a.. Confirmed!. I called Ford or whoever that is from the SyncMyRide. 800-392-4040. They confirmed that I did indeed need to take my car in to the dealer to have this update performed. They apologized that I was told it would be mailed but assured me that I would never receive it in the mail..

I have an appt tomorrow morning to take my car in to the dealer to have the update done;. That is if they don't tell me they don't have a Nav Card, or whatever. I'll let ya know how that goes but yeah if you have that 11A02 it does mean . Stop checking the mailbox and call the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
Rich, from what I was able to get from the SyncMyRide customer service person, they consider it a Fleet vehicle if it is in dealer stock at the time when the mailing list was made for the upgrades. I guess that would be the dealer fleet? It didn't make sense to me at first, but that seems to be what's happening.

Dysan, my dealer was willing to make the appointment for me, but then I told them I didn't have the SD card and wouldn't be getting the SD card, they said that they had never heard of that, and were not able to provide it. At that point I called the SyncMyRide customer service back and asked them to contact my dealer and explain it to them. They did, conference called the dealer service department in fact, and instructed them on how to order the SD card for me. It's going to take about a week for them to get it, but it's finally in process.

Good luck to all who are in the same boat!
I can also confirm the above information. Spoke with SyncMyRide and they confirmed I will not be getting an upgrade package in the mail since my car was on the dealer lot when the list was made. I have to take it back to the dealer for the MFT and Nav upgrade.

I called my dealer again. At first I got the same run-around about bringing it in "when I get the upgrade pack in the mail". After several attempts, I think I got through to them that no pack is coming in the mail for my car since it was on their lot when the list was made. I think he now understands the significance of the Code 11A02. The Advisor then told me that they do not have any NAV SD cards in stock. He promised that they will get Ford to rush-ship the Nav Cards to take care of the 11A02 cars. It may take a week to get them.

So, I think I've now got this sorted. What a PITA. Anyone who has the 11A02 code should immediately get with their dealer and make sure they understand the situation. Good Luck

Rich
Old 03-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #1286
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
I can also confirm the above information. Spoke with SyncMyRide and they confirmed I will not be getting an upgrade package in the mail since my car was on the dealer lot when the list was made. I have to take it back to the dealer for the MFT and Nav upgrade.

I called my dealer again. At first I got the same run-around about bringing it in "when I get the upgrade pack in the mail". After several attempts, I think I got through to them that no pack is coming in the mail for my car since it was on their lot when the list was made. I think he now understands the significance of the Code 11A02. The Advisor then told me that they do not have any NAV SD cards in stock. He promised that they will get Ford to rush-ship the Nav Cards to take care of the 11A02 cars. It may take a week to get them.

So, I think I've now got this sorted. What a PITA. Anyone who has the 11A02 code should immediately get with their dealer and make sure they understand the situation. Good Luck

Rich
I started to respond to this using my iphone while I was sitting in the customer lounge at my Ford dealership but before I could finish the Service manager came in and said I was good to go!.

SO when I got there this morning my first concern was whether they had the SD cards to complete the update. The first guy that met me in the service lane (not my usual service rep) said they did not have any of those and would only be able to do the Thumbdrive update only. I griped that I was trying to avoid that situation when I made the appt. He invited me into the office and turned me over to my usual service rep who greeted me kindly and asked for my keys. I asked him directly if they had the SD cards and he smiled and said. Of course!.

Exactly 1hour later I was handed my keys back and he told me that I would need to re-pair my phone and setup my favs, etc. I got to play with the new MFT a little on the way to work which was 10mins or so away. I def miss the song title of whats playing when your in the 4 square home page but the system sure does seem to snap way quicker than before thats for sure. Also the Nav and voice recognition seem to be vastly improved. I literally could take several attempts while parked to get the voice to recognize a street address. While driving she got it on the first try. Its an address I use to test with because the street name is phonetically difficult and felt it made a good one to use. I also called my Voicemail and left a test message and played it back. Usually if the car was in motion you couldn't hear a damn thing I was saying (No wonder Voice recognition was so bad). I was amazed that there was a noticeable improvement in playback. Still can hear some background road noise but whenever I was actually speaking you couldn't hear it. Maybe now I won't get as many complaints using the handsfree BT.

As far as the bugs, etc. I have faith they will provide us another update at some point that will take care of those... So far though I must say I don't mind the new update. Granted though most of you started off saying the same thing. HOpefully I will still feel the same way after a few weeks of using it.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #1287
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,140, Level 27
Points: 2,140, Level: 27 Points: 2,140, Level: 27 Points: 2,140, Level: 27
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Hey everyone!

I've haven't posted in a few days and this thread is growing by the minute.
I just wanted to let you know that although I may not comment on every concern, I am reading these and reporting feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for my USB and Nav card in the mail. But this weekend, I had a weird thing happen. My system froze for a few minutes while using Nav and trying to find a nearby Costco. When it re-booted, the Sync screen came up. Once it finished, I had more detail in the AM/FM buttons on both the Entertainment Screen and on the Home Screen. It now provides the call letters of the station (which it did before) but also shows whether the station is an HD station by a little HD next to the name.
Its like I got an OTA update, but for the old MFT system. Seems weird they would be updating the old system while we are in the process of upgrading to MFT 3.0. Has anyone else seen this?
Thanks,
Rich
Hey, Rich!

There's no way the system would be able to update itself so that's really strange. Have you received your packet yet? If not, PM me your VIN/mailing address and I'll confirm that we're sending one.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #1288
Blizzard35
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88463
What I Drive: 2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 2 Blizzard35 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hey everyone!

I've haven't posted in a few days and this thread is growing by the minute.
I just wanted to let you know that although I may not comment on every concern, I am reading these and reporting feedback.

There's no way the system would be able to update itself so that's really strange. Have you received your packet yet? If not, PM me your VIN/mailing address and I'll confirm that we're sending one.

Jaclyn
Jaclyn.....what's happening (if you know) with all of us Canadian MFT customers and the 3.0 update? I have yet to see anyone from Canada on the forum here that has received the package in the mail?????? I thank you in advance for "any" information you can provide us "Canucks" north of the border!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #1289
Rememo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95534
What I Drive: Was 2012 Focus. Now 2013 Impreza.

FF Reputation: 3 Rememo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
You can find out if your car is 'flagged' and requiring the dealer to upgrade you by entering your VIN on the Vehicle tab of http://www.etis.ford.com. If you have a FSA of 11A02, then you need to call your dealer.

Just some FYI in case it applies to you or anyone else who got their car recently.
Thank you for posting this. I have been waiting and waiting to get something in the mail, but so far nothing has shown up. I had installed the update from Ford's website, because I couldn't live with the bugs in the old software, so I've been without functional navigation.

Today I entered my VIN at etis and sure enough, 11A02 popped up. I went to the dealer armed with this information, but still had to argue with the service manager for ten minutes since he was adamant that Ford would be mailing me the update. He finally entered my VIN into his system and it reported that, yes, I had to have the work done at a dealership.

This was not the dealer I purchased my car from, but they had three navigation SD cards in stock, so they will be reinstalling the update and providing me with a new SD card on Saturday. He made it quite clear that they could not just give me an SD card, even though I had already installed the 3.0 update. "We don't know what you installed. We have to use what's in our system." Fair enough I guess....
Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #1290
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
New bug to report. My clock just arbitrarily changed itself like back in 2.11, which I think is one of the issues ford claimed to have fixed.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.