My Ford Touch Thread - Page 128 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #1271
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
Yawn....more excuses and workarounds on a sub-par system. People don't want and shouldn't have to treat technology in a car like an old 486 computer. Wait...maybe it is a 486 processor in the APIM.

It's not acceptable for people to worry about remembering to turn off the radio (or wait to turn on the heated seats on startup in the Ford Edge or Explorer) just to workaround the limitations of the system that shouldn't be there in an automotive setting in the first place.
My thoughts exactly. I'm really hoping in 5 or 6 years when I replace this car there is a newer better more stable system on the market and available at reasonable prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #1272
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
I don't know about anyone else but I leave my Macs on all the time (they go to sleep.. using very little power). I never shut them down. Whenever I need to use it, I open the lid (or move the mouse) and it's instantly on and ready to work.

MFT should act the same way.
I thought they would this time around based on all the hype from telling us it was going to put everything into a "suspended state" when the car turns off. Guess that was another misconception from either us or ford.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #1273
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
OK, Now I'm really confused.
My Code is 11A02. But I am not an "early Explorer" or a "Fleet" customer. (My vehicle summary at the Etis site says "less Fleet").
Why do I have this code???? GRRRR!

Bakaboy: where did you see this information??

Thanks,
Rich
Son of a.. Confirmed!. I called Ford or whoever that is from the SyncMyRide. 800-392-4040. They confirmed that I did indeed need to take my car in to the dealer to have this update performed. They apologized that I was told it would be mailed but assured me that I would never receive it in the mail..

I have an appt tomorrow morning to take my car in to the dealer to have the update done;. That is if they don't tell me they don't have a Nav Card, or whatever. I'll let ya know how that goes but yeah if you have that 11A02 it does mean . Stop checking the mailbox and call the dealer.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #1274
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richs10 View Post
OK, Now I'm really confused.
My Code is 11A02. But I am not an "early Explorer" or a "Fleet" customer. (My vehicle summary at the Etis site says "less Fleet").
Why do I have this code???? GRRRR!

Bakaboy: where did you see this information??

Thanks,
Rich
Rich, from what I was able to get from the SyncMyRide customer service person, they consider it a Fleet vehicle if it is in dealer stock at the time when the mailing list was made for the upgrades. I guess that would be the dealer fleet? It didn't make sense to me at first, but that seems to be what's happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Son of a.. Confirmed!. I called Ford or whoever that is from the SyncMyRide. 800-392-4040. They confirmed that I did indeed need to take my car in to the dealer to have this update performed. They apologized that I was told it would be mailed but assured me that I would never receive it in the mail..

I have an appt tomorrow morning to take my car in to the dealer to have the update done;. That is if they don't tell me they don't have a Nav Card, or whatever. I'll let ya know how that goes but yeah if you have that 11A02 it does mean . Stop checking the mailbox and call the dealer.
Dysan, my dealer was willing to make the appointment for me, but then I told them I didn't have the SD card and wouldn't be getting the SD card, they said that they had never heard of that, and were not able to provide it. At that point I called the SyncMyRide customer service back and asked them to contact my dealer and explain it to them. They did, conference called the dealer service department in fact, and instructed them on how to order the SD card for me. It's going to take about a week for them to get it, but it's finally in process.

Good luck to all who are in the same boat!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #1275
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
Dysan, my dealer was willing to make the appointment for me, but then I told them I didn't have the SD card and wouldn't be getting the SD card, they said that they had never heard of that, and were not able to provide it. At that point I called the SyncMyRide customer service back and asked them to contact my dealer and explain it to them. They did, conference called the dealer service department in fact, and instructed them on how to order the SD card for me. It's going to take about a week for them to get it, but it's finally in process.

Good luck to all who are in the same boat!
GF,

I definitely shared my concern with the Service dept about that. The girl who sets up the appoints was the first to answer and I told her that I needed the MFT Performance upgrade so she put me through to one of the Service Managers. I told him about it and he transferred me back to the same gal to setup that appointment. I told her that I didn't want to show up and be told they need to order parts and that my vehicle specifcally required a special card to complete the Nav upgrade or I would be without it until that came in. Will they check all this before I come in tomorrow. I was of course told Yes but I usually have a pretty accurate 6th sense about how this will go. Tomorrow after I arrive I'll be told to wait in the waiting room. After 30 to 45mins the Service manager will come tell me that they dont' have the SD Card for the Nav and will need to order it. Were sorry, etc. etc etc.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #1276
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
GF,

I definitely shared my concern with the Service dept about that. The girl who sets up the appoints was the first to answer and I told her that I needed the MFT Performance upgrade so she put me through to one of the Service Managers. I told him about it and he transferred me back to the same gal to setup that appointment. I told her that I didn't want to show up and be told they need to order parts and that my vehicle specifcally required a special card to complete the Nav upgrade or I would be without it until that came in. Will they check all this before I come in tomorrow. I was of course told Yes but I usually have a pretty accurate 6th sense about how this will go. Tomorrow after I arrive I'll be told to wait in the waiting room. After 30 to 45mins the Service manager will come tell me that they dont' have the SD Card for the Nav and will need to order it. Were sorry, etc. etc etc.
I soooo feel your pain. Sadly, I think that Ford may have dropped the ball with informing dealers on how to handle this. However I see you are in Jacksonville. If your dealer drops the ball, I know my dealer is now aware of how to handle it. I am working with Palm Coast Ford, who by the way is Excellent. I think the only reason there was an issue at all is because they didn't know how to handle it, but they certainly do now.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #1277
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,216, Level 35
Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
I'm saying the instant-on should be standard for MFT. It can go into a hibernation mode and use zero power and be able to wake up instantly without any lag.
Just as I said before though, it's a good idea to be able to shut down the system entirely, so knowing Ford thus far, we wouldn't have the ability to do so if they implemented a hibernation feature. Thus, any files that are normally destroyed when you shut down the computer would only end up piling up and slow down the system.

Fuse pull shut downs do not count, as they are akin to holding the power button on your computer (which is NOT good to do repeatedly, of course) and either way we'd be SOL when the system started having REAL issues down the road.

I get your point, it's something they said they'd be implementing with the Nav, but I don't recall them mentioning they'd be implementing it with the entire system. So I ask those of you with Nav, when you shut the car, get out and back in, does the Nav pick up where it left off quickly, especially compared to 2.11? If so, then I think that's what they were referring to with the suspended state, not the whole system.

I hope this makes sense, I know it's still not what Ford promised us from the start, but it's a step in the right direction, and like I said, if you treat it like a computer, chances are you'll have less headaches with it.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 03-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #1278
kelscar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88165
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kelscar Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
Rich, from what I was able to get from the SyncMyRide customer service person, they consider it a Fleet vehicle if it is in dealer stock at the time when the mailing list was made for the upgrades. I guess that would be the dealer fleet? It didn't make sense to me at first, but that seems to be what's happening.
I am 11A02 as well. My car might still have been in the order/build process (built 2/13/12 and delivered 2/27/12) but you would think they would have access to the owner's information now for those vehicles in the "gap". I have not gotten a letter yet, but if they can send a letter I would think they could send an update pack.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #1279
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
I had my first system crash with 3.0.2 today.

I got in the car, started it up and put it in reverse relatively quickly. The backup camera came on the screen, but was frozen. I backed out of my parking spot and put it in drive. The home screen came up but then started flashing back and forth between the frozen backup cam and the home screen. At some points the the top and bottom bars were gone and the camera was displayed there, while the center remained the home screen.

After doing this for a few seconds the whole system shut down, BSOD (Black Screen Of Death). After about a minute the system came back on and the good ole Performing Scheduled Maintenance screen came up. After that all was normal.

I would really like to talk to an engineer at ford and ask them, if this is "Scheduled Maintenance" could I see a copy of the schedule. I would like to know when my system is going to be non functional, so I can plan my day around it.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #1280
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelscar View Post
I am 11A02 as well. My car might still have been in the order/build process (built 2/13/12 and delivered 2/27/12) but you would think they would have access to the owner's information now for those vehicles in the "gap". I have not gotten a letter yet, but if they can send a letter I would think they could send an update pack.
Yea, I couldn't agree more. But regardless that is what they are doing for whatever reason. Seems that no only are they unable to explain why the trip to the dealer is needed, but they also don't seem to be making the people who need to know aware of the situation (dealers and customers).

I mean, I am not aware that anyone here in the forums with a 11A02 has received a letter. It's all been word of mouth, with some getting confirmation when they call the SyncMyRide support line. Well, it is what it is, and sharing this stuff is why we are all here in the first place I guess.

Bookmarks & Social Networks