My Ford Touch Thread - Page 125 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #1241
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Or you could download "SYNC My iTunes" from Ford and it does the same thing.
Definitely does not do the same thing, not to the extent of TuneUp anyway. That's why TuneUp costs money. SMI does a decent job, but it didn't fix a lot of the data in my collection that TuneUp did.

User beware though, if you have any remixes or the like of songs you like, be careful when cleaning them up, as some of my remixes defaulted to the original song/album title and as a result when using the DeDuper on TuneUp, my originals were deleted and I had to resync the specific songs I found later on.

Since using TuneUp, my collection has never been better as far as names, data, and especially album art goes.
Sonic Crew #28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #1242
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzDatGz View Post
MFT update doesn't show the temperature anymore.. anyway to redo the update from scratch? It gave me some kind of error 75% of the way through saying it couldn't install some files becase there wasn't enough room... O.o
Lol...new to the party huh?

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 03-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #1243
ItzDatGz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73617
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 1 ItzDatGz Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Lol...new to the party huh?

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Yes! ha
Old 03-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #1244
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzDatGz View Post
Yes! ha
To be fair, it does show up on the LCD right in front of you, so it shouldn't be that big of a loss to you!

Just wanted to say... yet another great drive with the new system. Re-indexed my iPod in no time after adding new songs, played Bluetooth audio flawlessly via my iPhone 4S, and no graphical/interface glitches of any kind.

I've noticed that when starting the car, giving it a minute to boot up and find everything has been the best thing I've done. When you look in the entertainment corner and see "XXX's Phone detected" and "XXX's iPod detected" (or the name of your USB, whatever the case may be) it should be safe to hit the button and enter that quadrant after they're detected. I haven't had any weird input highlight issues since starting to do that.

This system seems to disconnect and reconnect your devices between shut down and start up, which would be the reason why getting into the car after leaving the radio on will default to AM/FM. So, turning off the radio before getting out of the car should become a habit. Shouldn't have to be one, but I've noticed it helps.

Getting in and letting everything get detected before turning the radio back on by hitting power or the touchscreen quadrant has given me great results. No restarting song lists, no weird highlights, and no glitches of any other kind. It will find my iPod (unless you re-index it) and start where you left off, and everything was grand.

Also have been using my iPhone 4S with Pandora for Bluetooth off and on to see if I'm getting any issues like others, but none here so far. Everything has been a-okay.

Just takes treating the system like what it is, a computer, for it to play nice. Turn everything off before shutting down, and give it a minute to boot up and find everything when starting up. I honestly feel like this could be a big reason for some of the bugs that have been popping up and making a habit out of what I outlined above should help.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 03-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #1245
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
To be fair, it does show up on the LCD right in front of you, so it shouldn't be that big of a loss to you!
It's far more dangerous to read the temp from that screen than it was from MFT. Why they thought black on dark grey was easily readable going from bright daylight to shadowy darkness I will never know. Takes me far longer to read the temp on that and put my eyes back on the road than it ever did with the MFT screen.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #1246
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
It's far more dangerous to read the temp from that screen than it was from MFT. Why they thought black on dark grey was easily readable going from bright daylight to shadowy darkness I will never know. Takes me far longer to read the temp on that and put my eyes back on the road than it ever did with the MFT screen.
+1K on that.... grey on black.. stupid, stupid, stupid in all but the best lighting conditions...
Old 03-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #1247
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
To each their own. Reading the outside temp while I'm driving is pretty unnecessary, check it when you get in and when you get out if you need to. But it's enough of a contrast for me to see it just fine.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #1248
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
To each their own. Reading the outside temp while I'm driving is pretty unnecessary, check it when you get in and when you get out if you need to. But it's enough of a contrast for me to see it just fine.
true enuf, but ur not taking into acct the inability to read the compass well or, more importantly,, the gear ur in when using the 'manual' select shift...
When wearing sun glasses , even in the brightest, light it's nigh on impossible..
white lettering would have been far more suitable.....
Old 03-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #1249
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
true enuf, but ur not taking into acct the inability to read the compass well or, more importantly,, the gear ur in when using the 'manual' select shift...
When wearing sun glasses , even in the brightest, light it's nigh on impossible..
white lettering would have been far more suitable.....
Good points as well. White would have definitely been better.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #1250
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:

Just wanted to say... yet another great drive with the new system. Re-indexed my iPod in no time after adding new songs, played Bluetooth audio flawlessly via my iPhone 4S, and no graphical/interface glitches of any kind.

I've noticed that when starting the car, giving it a minute to boot up and find everything has been the best thing I've done. When you look in the entertainment corner and see "XXX's Phone detected" and "XXX's iPod detected" (or the name of your USB, whatever the case may be) it should be safe to hit the button and enter that quadrant after they're detected. I haven't had any weird input highlight issues since starting to do that.

This system seems to disconnect and reconnect your devices between shut down and start up, which would be the reason why getting into the car after leaving the radio on will default to AM/FM. So, turning off the radio before getting out of the car should become a habit. Shouldn't have to be one, but I've noticed it helps.

Getting in and letting everything get detected before turning the radio back on by hitting power or the touchscreen quadrant has given me great results. No restarting song lists, no weird highlights, and no glitches of any other kind. It will find my iPod (unless you re-index it) and start where you left off, and everything was grand.

Also have been using my iPhone 4S with Pandora for Bluetooth off and on to see if I'm getting any issues like others, but none here so far. Everything has been a-okay.

Just takes treating the system like what it is, a computer, for it to play nice. Turn everything off before shutting down, and give it a minute to boot up and find everything when starting up. I honestly feel like this could be a big reason for some of the bugs that have been popping up and making a habit out of what I outlined above should help.
I do this with my 2.11 system, and although its not trouble free, it's very much better than what others are experiencing. I just always assumed it made sense to give the system a reasonable amount of time to "start up" and also properly shut it down before "pulling the power cord". Like you said, this probably shouldn't be necessary, but the core system is by Microsoft, and they do specialize in computers, so to me it makes sense to do this.

Bookmarks & Social Networks