My Ford Touch Thread - Page 124 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #1231
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Fan View Post
I've had a weird interface display glitch that has appeared one time. On the 4 way home screen, the Entertainment section simultaneously displayed the radio frequency buttons and the iPod's artist/album info - I couldn't tell which one or if both were active. ..
Another user with interface display glitches. This area is by far where I have had the biggest problems with my recently installed v3.

When I heard that v2 of MFT did not make use of the hardware graphics chip, I made big fun of this fact. Now I am starting to wonder if the last team that worked on MFT skipped it for a reason?? Or, is it the fact that this is the 1st version that has used the GPU, so this is essentially a v1.0 in terms of the graphics?? I also find it interesting that I have not heard one official peep from Ford about this release. I understand that they can't issue an official statement to responded to every howl from the user base. However, I have heard no recognition of any kind. Even a "We recognize there have been some minor issues and we hope to release an update later this summer...or whatever, something, anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #1232
Dunka
ɔıʇɐuɐɟ snɔoɟ

Fan#: 94911
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Dunka Good Standing Member
I think the "chip" is being used now for the improved navigation
HatchNation #51
Old 03-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #1233
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
Another user with interface display glitches. This area is by far where I have had the biggest problems with my recently installed v3.

When I heard that v2 of MFT did not make use of the hardware graphics chip, I made big fun of this fact. Now I am starting to wonder if the last team that worked on MFT skipped it for a reason?? Or, is it the fact that this is the 1st version that has used the GPU, so this is essentially a v1.0 in terms of the graphics?? I also find it interesting that I have not heard one official peep from Ford about this release. I understand that they can't issue an official statement to responded to every howl from the user base. However, I have heard no recognition of any kind. Even a "We recognize there have been some minor issues and we hope to release an update later this summer...or whatever, something, anything.
Yeah I saw that video interview mentioning that and got excited. Then I got the update and realized it must be the weakest GPU chip in existence.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #1234
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
My update installed exactly as expected, but I'm having some very similar issues...

Quote:
I plugged in my iPod Touch - it worked right away, and the system began to index the contents of the player. However, since indexing has completed, song names, and artist are 'unknown' even though I know those tags exist. Oddly, the album covers are visible.

Since the upgrade, at least one of my enviromental fans is now whistling, like it's a turbo-fan engine. At high fan speed, it's very loud.

Yesterday, I tried to listen to my iPod Touch - but the system said no USB devices connected. I unplugged my iPod, and the system then notified me I had disconnected my iPod. (wth?) I plugged it back in, and it worked.
- My iPod Touch (1st Gen) has been acting very weird post-update. Connects and started playing once or twice, but now connects and acts like it's playing (time ticking on screen) but no audio comes out, no matter what I do in the way of plug/unplug/etc. It also sporadically acts like nothing is connected as well.

- I had the same issue with the fan... now, I'm always in Auto mode and rarely turn it up, but I did crank it to max last week and it definitely did sound like a whistling turbine. Then I cranked it yesterday and it didn't make the noise, so I'm not sure what's going on there just yet.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 03-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #1235
swfst

Fan#: 95922
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 swfst Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
- I had the same issue with the fan... now, I'm always in Auto mode and rarely turn it up, but I did crank it to max last week and it definitely did sound like a whistling turbine. Then I cranked it yesterday and it didn't make the noise, so I'm not sure what's going on there just yet.
This is going to sound funny, but I had the same issue. I learned one of my vents was just about closed and it made a crazy turbine noise. I thought "WTH?!" For me it was my passenger vent WAY over by the door. I never would have figured it was almost closed as it looked open to me.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #1236
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Since the upgrade, at least one of my enviromental fans is now whistling, like it's a turbo-fan engine. At high fan speed, it's very loud.
Quote:
My update installed exactly as expected, but I'm having some very similar issues...

Glad others noticed this. I did but didn't mention it on here because I didn't think it could possibly be related to the update. I leave mine on auto as well but sometimes hit the max defrost for a quick clear and when I do, whistling. Just something I was going to try and duplicate at the dealer when I went in for my next oil change to see what they thought.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #1237
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I downloaded Tuneup for itunes to clean up my library and add missing album art. I think MFT performs better now. indexing has improved. Great to have all the album art now.
It's expensive, but my collection was a mess.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #1238
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
I ran into this last weekend and wondered why does this thing all of the sudden sounded like a jet engine. In my case, it turned out, the passenger door was not fully shut. Air blows from the dash through an opening into the door with a seal. (I think its used to get air to the back seat or mirror??) Without the proper seal it was whistling like a turbine. In any case, I re-shut the door fully, noise gone. I thought I had a shredded fan motor bearing or something. I hope your issue was also a door issue??
Old 03-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #1239
ItzDatGz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73617
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 1 ItzDatGz Good Standing Member
MFT update doesn't show the temperature anymore.. anyway to redo the update from scratch? It gave me some kind of error 75% of the way through saying it couldn't install some files becase there wasn't enough room... O.o
Old 03-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #1240
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
I downloaded Tuneup for itunes to clean up my library and add missing album art. I think MFT performs better now. indexing has improved. Great to have all the album art now.
It's expensive, but my collection was a mess.
Or you could download "SYNC My iTunes" from Ford and it does the same thing.

Bookmarks & Social Networks