My Ford Touch Thread - Page 123 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #1221
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
OK, great news! I contacted Ford and they fixed the issue. Turns out the dealer did register the car wrong and when I registered it they thought I was the second owner, which would not get the free period. They issued some recall thing and in 2 days I will get 3 years free! Thanks for all your help.

Oh and i still got $300 back from the dealer, so a win for me.
Good to hear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #1222
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
No. All new purchases come with 3 years of SYNC Services included.
Yep if you look at my last response I contacted them and got it all handled! I wonder why the dealer did not know this and sent me a check instead of just fixing the issue? Whatever, I got 3 years of service AND $300 that I used part of to tint my windows. So double bonus.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #1223
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Yep if you look at my last response I contacted them and got it all handled! I wonder why the dealer did not know this and sent me a check instead of just fixing the issue? Whatever, I got 3 years of service AND $300 that I used part of to tint my windows. So double bonus.
Can't complain about that!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #1224
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
a little update, i spent the whole day at my local ford service dept. having them look at my issue (seen below).

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

the tech i was talking to was knowledgeable about the quirks of mft, though he'd never seen my exact issue.

he did what i couldn't do on my own and wiped the system and set it to what it would've been if it rolled off the assembly line with mft v 3.

short story, it worked.

i encourage ANYONE doing the upgrade to remove ALL prior voice tags., a hard reset (disconnecting the batter for over an hour) WILL not work (at least not when i did it - and i disconnected the positive AND negative terminal).

if you still have voice tags set to your favorites, your dealer SHOULD be able to do a wipe, they did it with my focus.

lastly, ford knows about not being able to put spaces in names you give to favorites, they said they'll release an update to correct the issue... for now use "_".

hope this helps some people.
Thanks for the info.

My car's going into the dealer today for some other things and I'm going to ask them to completely wipe/re-install the system. I'm having the same issue with the voice tags and nothing (fuses, master reset, disconnect battery for 1+ hours) will erase the old ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
the audio system should shut off normally when the vehicle is off after 10-15 mins (without opening doors). i've had this happen myself.

what about when in accessory mode? will it automatically shut off or will the battery just continue to drain? i'm thinking if the audio system is not shutting off in that 10-15 min interval when the engine is off (and not in accessory mode), the car thinks it IS in accessory mode and continues powering the audio system.
It will shut off eventually in accessory mode. I've turned my car on in accessory for long periods while cleaning it out before since I don't have a radio in my garage. It eventually popped up the "low battery warning" message - probably after about an hour or so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
This hasn't been the case for me. Sure, the response when hitting the paddle is better but I am having more trouble with voice (but I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have major problems with voice before the update).

I used to tell it to play a song or play an album and it just did it. Now, every time I try to play a song or album by voice, it always comes up with a list, and in some cases the titles aren't even close to sounding like what I said. I then have to tell it what line # to play from the list.
Check in your system options for the 'voice candidate lists' settings. You may be getting more prompts because those got turned off/on from what you had set pre-upgrade. I know that in my car, all those settings were different after I updated to 3.0 even though I didn't do a master reset.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 03-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #1225
B1GTED
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96546
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 B1GTED Good Standing Member
What is the trick to setting the MY HOME option in the Navigation section? I click on my home and it tells me that it is not set and asks if I would like to set it now, if I chose yes, it just takes me to a screen where I can choose POI, intersection or street address. I I choose street address and enter my home address, it just sets it as the destination but not as the "MY HOME" option, as the next time I push my home, it says it's not set......

Also, I should mention, just got car on 3/20/12 and it already had MFT 3.0 on it.

Last edited by B1GTED; 03-26-2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: added more info...
Old 03-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #1226
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
New owner, 1500 miles so far on my Ti.. Still haven't gotten my update in the mail and everyday I tell myself. "Maybe today". Gives me something to look forward too when I open the mailbox. LOL.

So, I'm hearing at least in one respect that Ford did improve the Voice recognition? I recently experienced first hand what a PITA that is! I was in disbelief that it couldn't seem to understand some of the most basics things. Specifically inputting a Street address via Navigation. WOW. REALLY? How many ways phonetically can I say ATLANTIC BLVD!. I got so sick of hearing that tone that means she doesn't know what your saying. Ugh!. This was while I was PARKED!. I definitely know that she can't understand anything in motion over 30mph because have you ever called your voice mail and just sat there silently and played it back? It sounds like the mic is on the fuselage of JET ENGINE!. The road noise is unbelievable and if you speak your voice sounds like your next to a waterfall. So if they were able to clean up that then I could see that making a difference in the Voice recognition.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #1227
crazy_man
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86418
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Hatch - Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 1 crazy_man Good Standing Member
I received my update package Friday. Installed it yesterday. So far, things appear to be working fine. The system seems a little faster. The install took about 45 minutes.

Oh, and I just turned 15000 miles on my Focus ! 9 months of owning this great car.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #1228
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Check in your system options for the 'voice candidate lists' settings. You may be getting more prompts because those got turned off/on from what you had set pre-upgrade. I know that in my car, all those settings were different after I updated to 3.0 even though I didn't do a master reset.
Thanks for the tip TiPilot. Will do tonight when I get home. Only thing I checked after updating was advanced mode for voice and it didn't seem to reset that so I guess I just (and I should know better) assumed all my settings were still the same.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #1229
A2Fan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87793
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 A2Fan Good Standing Member
I chose to install my upgrade during a 3.5 hour road trip last weekend. The upgrade was supposed to take about an hour, so I figured I'd have plenty of time to complete the upload and play with the new changes afterwards. Damn my foolish optimism.

Prior to the update, I did a master reset to start off with a clean slate. I popped in the USB drive and the upgrade began. After about an hour, I noted the screen was stuck on SyncMyRide copying files 2 of 4... and there it stayed for the rest of the trip. The screen was still active (it would 'click' if I touched it) but the upgrade process was stuck.

After arriving at my destination, I had to shut off the car. I was concerned that I had possibly bricked the system, but it loaded up with the new interface when I restarted the car.

I plugged in the new NAV - initially, it wasn't recognized. The next day it magically began to work.

I tried to associate my iPhone via BT - initially that didn't work either until (you guessed it) the next day.

I plugged in my iPod Touch - it worked right away, and the system began to index the contents of the player. However, since indexing has completed, song names, and artist are 'unknown' even though I know those tags exist. Oddly, the album covers are visible.

Since the upgrade, at least one of my enviromental fans is now whistling, like it's a turbo-fan engine. At high fan speed, it's very loud.

Yesterday, I tried to listen to my iPod Touch - but the system said no USB devices connected. I unplugged my iPod, and the system then notified me I had disconnected my iPod. (wth?) I plugged it back in, and it worked.

The wallpaper that I previously used (some pics acquired from here), now aren't recognized. The system says they are in the wrong format.

I've had a weird interface display glitch that has appeared one time. On the 4 way home screen, the Entertainment section simultaneously displayed the radio frequency buttons and the iPod's artist/album info - I couldn't tell which one or if both were active.

I think I'll have the dealer wipe it and put a fresh install on it during my next maintenance. All these glitches occurred over a 4 day span and I'm not confident in the system (yet).

Last edited by A2Fan; 03-27-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: typos
Old 03-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #1230
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
A2Fan ... did you ever attempt to finish the update?
Mine froze (earlier in the install than yours did) and I had to hard reset MFT by pulling fuses 67 & 79. Once the system came back to life, I re-inserted the update drive and it picked up where it left off.

It sounds to me like you have a partially updated system.
Hatch Nation #174

Bookmarks & Social Networks