My Ford Touch Thread - Page 122 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #1211
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The NAV card defaults, from which popping and putting in the nav card does not work for me, is the most frustrating. I rely on my nav quite a bit.

I had a 2005 debuted DVD nav system in my Mazda. The despite being optical, subjected to the heat and cold of upstate NY, being right under a heating vent, Jostled around with my aggressive driving, and me using it non-stop (and often displaying two map views at once [yep it could do that]), it did not fail once.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #1212
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I just keep thinking back to their quotes:

Will the system still have black screens or reboots while driving? No, we do not expect customers will experience these issues anymore.

How do you know that these issues won’t happen again? We are confident in our testing process.

That makes it all better!
Those are the ones I was thinking of. Guess they aren't so confident now huh? Seriously Ford if anyone in power reads these threads, fire your whole IT design team. You need a real top level talent software team. Hire away google designers, apple designers, what have you - but you can't think of these issues as car issues. They are software design issues and you need real software designers to address them. It will be obsecenely expensive to set up and do in the short term, but in the long run you'll crush the competition with not only reliability, but cutting edge design and entertainment options. Something that MFT simply doesn't offer. Heck, even the name My Ford Touch sounds like some geek accountant that knows nothing about being cool thought that one up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
The NAV card defaults, from which popping and putting in the nav card does not work for me, is the most frustrating. I rely on my nav quite a bit.

I had a 2005 debuted DVD nav system in my Mazda. The despite being optical, subjected to the heat and cold of upstate NY, being right under a heating vent, Jostled around with my aggressive driving, and me using it non-stop (and often displaying two map views at once [yep it could do that]), it did not fail once.
I think the main problem in Ford design for the reliability as far as that is concerned is relying on an SD card. In my experience even the most expensive card by the best names in the biz can be very unreliable and just stop working. They should have made it so that when you insert the card, it downloads to your unit and you don't need the card any more. Using attached storage for anything is a gamble at best. I also have a feeling that just like a PC it's the drivers installed in the system that make both the USB and SD card slots perform at their best. I'm guessing that they are as buggy as the MFT interface.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #1213
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
This just shows how bad this system is! We are so glad that it is not terrible that we accept bad as better. Those maintenance reboots are far from maintenance, they are the system coming back online after a crash. A crash that should not ever happen. Not sure about the Nav Card issues, but once again something that should not happen. So it went from terrible to bad and we are grateful for that. lol
Agree. We should not settle for less just because stability has improved a little. I've said it many times in this thread.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #1214
nightridermz3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84944
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ford Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nightridermz3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Ahh yes the pop up screen in the mazda 3's. I loved that system and although it was almost too simple of an interface i did hear it worked just fine. Definitely no crashes at all.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #1215
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Agree. We should not settle for less just because stability has improved a little. I've said it many times in this thread.
Since this system is in many models, I assume everyone with it is complaining. I mean how could they not complain? I would think the complaints would prompt Ford to work hard to resolve these issues. Now I say this as the update is marginal and we paid with the loss of features, but I think they made progress. However, they have a long way to do still.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #1216
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Irritating! So one customer gets it free and another has to pay! How long ago was this? I have only had my car about 3 weeks. Maybe something they changed after you registered yours?
I got mine Feb 21, 2012, and I got mine free. Sounds like the dealer didn't register you properly. I'd call them.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #1217
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
I got mine Feb 21, 2012, and I got mine free. Sounds like the dealer didn't register you properly. I'd call them.
I think I got mine around the same time frame (within a week). I actually did call the dealer and they sent me a check for $300 to pay for 5 years worth of service ($60 a year X 5 years). I just tinted my windows with the cash. I wonder if I contact Ford if they would activate it for me?
Old 03-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #1218
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightridermz3 View Post
Ahh yes the pop up screen in the mazda 3's. I loved that system and although it was almost too simple of an interface i did hear it worked just fine. Definitely no crashes at all.
Yes, and the pop up action when the car turned on was the coolest thing. Even when I traded it in... the dealer was "wow!"
Too bad Mazda decided to go with a tiny 3 inch screen in the driver's instrument cluster on the new ones, which is why I'm here now.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #1219
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
OK, great news! I contacted Ford and they fixed the issue. Turns out the dealer did register the car wrong and when I registered it they thought I was the second owner, which would not get the free period. They issued some recall thing and in 2 days I will get 3 years free! Thanks for all your help.

Oh and i still got $300 back from the dealer, so a win for me.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #1220
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Irritating! So one customer gets it free and another has to pay! How long ago was this? I have only had my car about 3 weeks. Maybe something they changed after you registered yours?
No. All new purchases come with 3 years of SYNC Services included.

Bookmarks & Social Networks