My Ford Touch Thread - Page 121 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #1201
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
This hasn't been the case for me. Sure, the response when hitting the paddle is better but I am having more trouble with voice (but I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have major problems with voice before the update).

I used to tell it to play a song or play an album and it just did it. Now, every time I try to play a song or album by voice, it always comes up with a list, and in some cases the titles aren't even close to sounding like what I said. I then have to tell it what line # to play from the list.
Well mine was so bad before the update that I would tell it to play Martina McBride and it would respond "playing artist Heart". I thought how the hell could it get Heart from Martina McBride? I have no speak issues that might cause it confusion. Now it works right. Sure I sometimes get more than one line, but always my song or artist is listed. So for me that was a true upgrade.

That sucks that you got the opposite result. Seems there is about a 50/50 ratio of those who feel they got an upgrade and those who feel they got a downgrade.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #1202
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
I will agree that it is faster than it was. I wish I had gotten the navigation, but I could not wait to order the exact car I wanted. Has anyone used the sync services for directions? I was told by the salesman that I got those services for free for the life of the car! Well let's just say I was disappointed to find out that he was not right.
Yes... used it when I didn't have nav because I upgraded to v3 early. :)

Services is the most frustrating thing to use. The voice recognition is HORRIBLE. It can't recognize "YES", much less anything else nwhen the car is in motion (I'm talking 30-40 mph!). You pretty much have to do anything voice related when the car is NOT in motion.

Once the commands are 'heard' it's a pretty good experience.

And yep... only 3 years free. I definitely won't be paying after the 3 years.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #1203
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yep, two. First one three days after the upgrade and the second was this past Saturday.
But that's not supposed to happen, Ford says those days are over and that this is iron clad and rock solid. You mean they clearly and obviously lied? no way!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #1204
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Yes... used it when I didn't have nav because I upgraded to v3 early. :)

Services is the most frustrating thing to use. The voice recognition is HORRIBLE. It can't recognize "YES", much less anything else nwhen the car is in motion (I'm talking 30-40 mph!). You pretty much have to do anything voice related when the car is NOT in motion.

Once the commands are 'heard' it's a pretty good experience.

And yep... only 3 years free. I definitely won't be paying after the 3 years.
I did not get a introductory subscription at all! When I registered with syncmyride.com it keeps asking me for a credit card! Did you just get it free???
Old 03-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #1205
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I haven't had any crashes, but had one random "maintenance reboot, but it was when I started the car and was warming up the cabin anyways. I was like... "okay... probably good practice to have this thing reboot occasionally."

I'm sure my rain lights worked fine before the update as it rained those whole two weeks I had the car before the update and I was really appreciating that feature.

My bog concerns for me now are the NAV CARD DEFAULTS I can't recover quickly from (happened twice) and the radio coming on after the car is off (just once). Everything else is acceptable.

On the plus side, the voice (for MFT at least) has been perfect for me.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #1206
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
But that's not supposed to happen, Ford says those days are over and that this is iron clad and rock solid. You mean they clearly and obviously lied? no way!
Yeah right! I think in order to save money they went the wrong direction. Sometimes you have to spend money to get it right.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #1207
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
I did not get a introductory subscription at all! When I registered with syncmyride.com it keeps asking me for a credit card! Did you just get it free???
Yes. I got it free automatically.... didn't have to do a thing!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #1208
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
I haven't had any crashes, but had one random "maintenance reboot, but it was when I started the car and was warming up the cabin anyways. I was like... "okay... probably good practice to have this thing reboot occasionally."

I'm sure my rain lights worked fine before the update as it rained those whole two weeks I had the car before the update and I was really appreciating that feature.

My bog concerns for me now are the NAV CARD DEFAULTS I can't recover quickly from (happened twice) and the radio coming on after the car is off (just once). Everything else is acceptable.

On the plus side, the voice (for MFT at least) has been perfect for me.
This just shows how bad this system is! We are so glad that it is not terrible that we accept bad as better. Those maintenance reboots are far from maintenance, they are the system coming back online after a crash. A crash that should not ever happen. Not sure about the Nav Card issues, but once again something that should not happen. So it went from terrible to bad and we are grateful for that. lol
Old 03-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #1209
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
I just keep thinking back to their quotes:

Will the system still have black screens or reboots while driving? No, we do not expect customers will experience these issues anymore.

How do you know that these issues won’t happen again? We are confident in our testing process.

That makes it all better!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #1210
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Yes. I got it free automatically.... didn't have to do a thing!
Irritating! So one customer gets it free and another has to pay! How long ago was this? I have only had my car about 3 weeks. Maybe something they changed after you registered yours?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.