My Ford Touch Thread - Page 120 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #1191
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The "to protect low voltage" message is only to tell you that the radio's been on for too long without the car running. It happens if the battery's full, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #1192
Fuzzy Logic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91597
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Met Tri Ti HB

FF Reputation: 2 Fuzzy Logic Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
The "to protect low voltage" message is only to tell you that the radio's been on for too long without the car running. It happens if the battery's full, too.
yeah, thinking the radio cuts off because the car stopped it from draining the battery... rather than the battery being dead was a bit hopeful. lol!
Old 03-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #1193
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
I suspect it is just a predetermined amount of time as you say but I think that should keep MFT form draining the battery in most scenarios. When I was installing v2.11 about 5 months ago (knuckle-headedly not realizing the car should be on), it was going through the 3 0f 9 ,4 of 9 process when suddenly, the is message popped up "protect low voltage" and it turned the system off. It has also done it while I was sitting, waiting to pick someone up (both scenarios involved no door opening). So, I would tend to conclude it would always turn off in 10-15 min before a total battery drain. Hard to say if it would kick in for sure if MFT was in a really whacked out state??

Edit - Actually, I am now doubting what the total story is. I had the car somewhat moth-balled in January during a heavy road-salt month and and I came out to fool with MFT. It started shutting down with this message after about 3 or 4 minutes. I concluded that it was detecting low voltage because the batter does drain down after weeks of not driving/charging. There may be mutiple conditions programmed in. Although according to the Ford service guy from the post above, I imagined all of these scenarios.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #1194
Fuzzy Logic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91597
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Met Tri Ti HB

FF Reputation: 2 Fuzzy Logic Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
I suspect it is just a predetermined amount of time as you say but I think that should keep MFT form draining the battery in most scenarios. When I was installing v2.11 about 5 months ago (knuckle-headedly not realizing the car should be on), it was going through the 3 0f 9 ,4 of 9 process when suddenly, the is message popped up "protect low voltage" and it turned the system off. It has also done it while I was sitting, waiting to pick someone up (both scenarios involved no door opening). So, I would tend to conclude it would always turn off in 10-15 min before a total battery drain. Hard to say if it would kick in for sure if MFT was in a really whacked out state??
the audio system should shut off normally when the vehicle is off after 10-15 mins (without opening doors). i've had this happen myself.

what about when in accessory mode? will it automatically shut off or will the battery just continue to drain? i'm thinking if the audio system is not shutting off in that 10-15 min interval when the engine is off (and not in accessory mode), the car thinks it IS in accessory mode and continues powering the audio system.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #1195
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
Are your wipers set on intermittent? From the owner's guide:

"Rain-sensing wipers (if equipped)

"The rain-sensing wipers will automatically activate when moisture is
present on the windshield and control is intermittent operation position.
Adjust the rotary control to the desired moisture sensitivity settings. The
speed of the rain-sensitive wipers will vary based on the amount of
moisture detected on the windshield and the sensitivity setting. There
are no interval (intermittent wipe) settings on vehicles with rain-sensing
wipers. The wipers will continue to wipe as long as the presence of
moisture is detected on the windshield. More or less wiping may occur
depending on humidity, mist or light rain, or road spray.

"Keep the outside of the windshield clean, especially the area around the
rear view mirror where the sensor is located or rain sensor performance
may be affected.

"Note: During winter driving conditions with ice, snow or a salty road
mist, inconsistent or unexpected wiping or smearing may occur. In these
conditions, you can lower the sensitivity to reduce the amount of
smearing or override the feature by selecting low- or high-speed wiping
or turning the wiper system off.

"Note: The wipers must be turned off before entering a car wash."

Headlamps:

"Note: If the vehicle is equipped with autolamps, it will have the
headlamps on with windshield wipers feature. If the windshield
wipers are turned on, the exterior lamps will turn on with the headlamp
control in the autolamp position."
I have the rain sensing wipers. I took the car back to the dealer this weekend to have a replacement speaker installed. I confirmed with the service writer that indeed the lights should come on. He had not heard of anyone complaining that this did not work after the update. I know for a fact mine used to work as we had some rainy weather before the update and I saw the lights were on. The only updates I've had are the transmission and the touch software (MFT????). So I can only assume it was not a problem from the transmission update. That only leaves the touch software. I would hope Ford reads these posts and is creating an issues list for the developers. If I had rolled out software like this I would be out of work. Now I might not program embedded systems, but I can't imagine it is any harder than what I already program. I have done barcode scanners and other systems and never had this type of release. I hope Ford sees how this forum is the best feedback they can get from "beta testers"! I say beta testers because this software is not stable enough to be a full release.

I have already had a major crash since the update. I even have it on video. I thought the system would fail to restart because it took so long to come back on. Then it went right back to that BS message that it is performing a scheduled system maintenance. I call BS! It crashed and they don't want to tell us that.

Has anyone else had crashes since their update?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #1196
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Has anyone else had crashes since their update?
Yep, two. First one three days after the upgrade and the second was this past Saturday.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #1197
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yep, two. First one three days after the upgrade and the second was this past Saturday.
I just can't imagine that a company with the resources that Ford has can't fix this! Do they even test this software before releasing it? Could you imagine Apple releasing software for the iPad or iPhone with this many bugs?

Honesty the update is somewhat better than the old version, but we also paid for this with some loss of features. Sure it is slightly more stable and the voice recognition seems better, but we also lost the custom wallpaper, the temperature display and the rain lights. So we paid for this "update". I personally think it was worth it, but would like more stability and those "lost" features back.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #1198
nightridermz3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84944
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ford Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nightridermz3 Good Standing Member
I have had no problems since updating last week. It hasn't crashed on me, everything seems really responsive (including the navigation), and the new interface doesn't bother me much. I'd rather have a working system that can impress others when working then "praying it will work".

I'm on Navigation most of the time anyway, which is an improved graphical look then the previous navigation version.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #1199
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
the voice recognition seems better
This hasn't been the case for me. Sure, the response when hitting the paddle is better but I am having more trouble with voice (but I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have major problems with voice before the update).

I used to tell it to play a song or play an album and it just did it. Now, every time I try to play a song or album by voice, it always comes up with a list, and in some cases the titles aren't even close to sounding like what I said. I then have to tell it what line # to play from the list.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #1200
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightridermz3 View Post
I have had no problems since updating last week. It hasn't crashed on me, everything seems really responsive (including the navigation), and the new interface doesn't bother me much. I'd rather have a working system that can impress others when working then "praying it will work".

I'm on Navigation most of the time anyway, which is an improved graphical look then the previous navigation version.
I will agree that it is faster than it was. I wish I had gotten the navigation, but I could not wait to order the exact car I wanted. Has anyone used the sync services for directions? I was told by the salesman that I got those services for free for the life of the car! Well let's just say I was disappointed to find out that he was not right.

Bookmarks & Social Networks