My Ford Touch Thread - Page 116 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #1151
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've had the new nav card for two days now, and I have to say it is light years ahead of the previous version. I haven't noticed it cause any instability in the rest of the system yet. I've done a limited amount of bluetooth streaming while simultaneously using the nav. I'll need another month of testing to really get a solid review, though.

I did make the mistake of trusting it yesterday to get me home. I haven't programmed my home location in yet because it didn't work, just like it didn't work in the old version. I set my home the last time by my current location. When I try to set it by address, it always just greys out the button. So, I tried to tell it 'navigation set destination street address' last night to get home. It kept bringing up the help screen saying these are the available commands (<address> cancel) when I said the address. I tried to make a video of it, but it worked when I changed the address (either accepted it or said it didn't exist). Turns out it was just my home address that it doesn't like! Fortunately, I used an alternate address (after driving 10 miles in the wrong direction) and that worked.

Despite the above, I'm still optimistic about the nav, but we'll have to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #1152
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Still waiting for update in TX.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #1153
kevinxb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96008
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kevinxb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
Already posted this in another thread but figured I needed to spread the joy:

Nasty new bug that I never saw with v2.11 but got today on the new v3. I selected FM radio and low and behold, the station frequency does not appear in the display. I chose a different preset, no go, direct tuned a station, no go. Went to the climate screen and back to Entertainment. Still no go. Turned car off and went into the store, came back out and it displayed until I chose a new preset and its gone again.

Not being able to see what station I am on is pretty bad state..

I had tried Services to give me direction to the store to see if this is working better in v3 which it seem to be. It was quicker and corrected when I went off-route which it never did in v2.11 So its a case of one step forward, once step back. Maybe using services was just TOO much for the system to handle to be able to display the radio station. I smell my first official fuse pull with v3 only a week and a half in. It was only a monthly event on v2.11 .

'mattphoto' confirmed in the other thread that he gets something similar.

I noticed this a few days ago. The entertainment screen was not displaying the frequency nor the station/song info that normally displays on the lower half of the screen. If it was showing, it was something old that I had listened to the last time I drove the car. I got both to come back by switching to AM then back to FM. Logged this on pil_'s bug tracker site.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #1154
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinxb View Post
I noticed this a few days ago. The entertainment screen was not displaying the frequency nor the station/song info that normally displays on the lower half of the screen. If it was showing, it was something old that I had listened to the last time I drove the car. I got both to come back by switching to AM then back to FM. Logged this on pil_'s bug tracker site.
I tried other screens but I don't think I tried AM/FM. Thanks for the tip (especially if it works!) Also, good job logging this on the tracker site. I was kind of holding off hoping Ford would directly provide some facility for this but seems unlikely so far so time for me to jump in on that site.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #1155
Dunka
ɔıʇɐuɐɟ snɔoɟ

Fan#: 94911
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Dunka Good Standing Member

Ok, quick question... On the new version of MFT, the song title doesn't show in the Entertainment line when on the new "home" but does show the name when you tab over to the other 3 quadrants?
HatchNation #51
Old 03-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #1156
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
^^ Yup, stupid huh?
Old 03-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #1157
GT5001
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 48923
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 GT5001 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT5001 View Post
Same story here. Installed this afternoon & ran it though several of the screens. So far, I'm impressed. No bugs, yet. I actually think mine is as fast or faster than the previous version. I like the nav enhancements.
Well, so much for the optimism. More black screens than before: three on three successive starts today. And, it jumps from USB, to Sirius, radio at start up. Nav is improved.

But, a 2013 Mustang - without all the electronic bells & whistles - is looking better & better.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #1158
waiting485
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92338
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 waiting485 Good Standing Member
Any of you with the navigation and an iphone is able to get directions to your contact address??

Whenever I try to set destination as my contact address (by going into phonebook and then selecting the contact and then selecting more options). I am getting error that address is not in valid format ( I have it in Street, city, zip, country format).

I can open the same address (from contact) in iphone's map app or other navigation app (e.g. Navigon).
Old 03-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #1159
skramblr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86363
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL & 2012 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 skramblr Good Standing Member
Got my update yesterday.. not exactly smooth going.

After the update, I navigated a few screens, setup the phone, my home, clicked on Radio, clicked on... nothing. Screen went black for a while, eventually came back on with the infamous 'scheduled maintenance' screen.

1) Bad sign when it crashes after about 5 min of using it.
2) Why didn't they change that 'schedule maintenance' screen we all hate so much. We know it's lying and is really just a crash recovery screen.

So, I gave up and went into the house. About 10min later my car alarm goes off for no reason. I walk outside and it reset itself (without my touching a thing). Now I wonder if it's possessed.

Today I played with it some more. Voice recognition seems much better, but often it thinks for long periods of time before executing a command. You're never sure if it heard you or not.

Navigation system has some nice updates.

Some of the areas it was slow are now faster.. but other times the system lags quite a bit. When you change screens there is a fade out fad in type effect. This often hiccups and is not smooth.

Is the new version better? Only time will tell...
Old 03-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #1160
cymdiggity
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85613
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 cymdiggity Good Standing Member
Finally got my nav card in the mail and noticed something I consider strange. The home screen shows the compass in the upper right but not the road you are currently on. The compass has plenty of room below it. I've seen screen captures in the links on this thread that show vehicles with the road name below it... but mine stays blank. If I go to a non-home screen I get the road name in the upper right. Why hide this useful information on the screen I use 99% of the time?

Also... the nav screen has the tiniest of tiny buttons, most egregious of all is the destination button, which is not only tiny but next to another button and on the right side so you have to reach. On most screens they engineered the screen to have large easy to use buttons, almost comically so on the entertainment screen, but on the nav screen we're treated with tiny buttons. It seems ridiculous that the nav screen would have such small buttons given there are no other physical controls to navigate it whereas the forward pause and back buttons on the entertainment screen are duplicated on the center stack and on the steering wheel...

Am I missing a setting somewhere that displays the road name on the home screen?

**Update: For example, look at this picture taken by AutoBlog on the 2013 Ford Flex... notice how the road name appears under the compass: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-...photo-4914207/

Bookmarks & Social Networks