My Ford Touch Thread - Page 113 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #1121
jeb5000
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95481
Location: Hudson, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

Posts: 12
FF Reputation: 1 jeb5000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Had put in a request to Ford about the favorite buttons on the steering wheel. A very polite Ford rep called today to explain how they work now. #1 goes to phone and #2 goes to home. He had to repeat this several times because phone and home are so close to sounding the same. He said Ford realized we were losing functionality. While on the phone I asked when I would get the update, he said it had not been sent yet, wait a couple weeks and call back if necessary.

When I arrived home gave it a try in the car, #1 goes to Bluetooth and #2 goes to phone. When I went inside the update envelope was sitting on the table.

Opened the envelope, no reusable update USB drive. Good thing Ford had my dealer update sync two weeks ago because of extensive problems.

Have had only minor problems with the update, all with bluetooth. My Focus is a pleasure to drive now.
jeb5000 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #1122
blackraven456
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88061
Location: Jacksonville, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

Posts: 967
FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb5000 View Post

Opened the envelope, no reusable update USB drive. Good thing Ford had my dealer update sync two weeks ago because of extensive problems.

.
What do you mean by this? You didn't get a usb stick in your package?

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
__________________
2012 Titanium Sedan, Ebony Black - 400A, Luxury Package
Ordered: July 14 VIN received: August 19 Sticker: Sept 3 Build Date: Sept 10 Delivered: Sept 21
blackraven456 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #1123
Fuzzy Logic
Focus Enthusiast
 
Fuzzy Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91597
Location: Oxnard, CA
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Met Tri Ti HB

Posts: 364
FF Reputation: 2 Fuzzy Logic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
don't know if this was covered already, but for anyone with the navigation system, i found this bug:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


basically, the names of your old "favorites" in mft are retained and the system still remembers them. so when you go to try and re-add them, you have to completely rename the places to new names.

ex: let's say you had a place named "Home 2" in version 2.11, (at least in my version of 3.0) i cannot name "Home 2" that anymore. I have to name it something else as that favorite was never wiped from the system.

has anyone with nav. experienced this and fixed it? if so, what's the solution? pulling fuses / disconnecting the battery?

sorry for some of my stuttering, i was tripping over words / trying to find the best way to describe what i was seeing.
__________________
...SLOFOFO...
2012 Platinum White Tri-Coat Metallic Titanium
401A, Winter Package, Sport Package, Park Tech. Package, Power Moonroof, MFT/HD Sirius/Nav
Fuzzy Logic is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #1124
me2000
Focus Addict
 
me2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85106
Location: Beach Park, IL
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

Posts: 589
FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Great video outlining the bug. Thankfully I didn't set favorites previously but sounds really frustrating if you're simply trying to restore your old favorites.

Maybe a Master Reset will fix it? I don't know.
me2000 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #1125
Fuzzy Logic
Focus Enthusiast
 
Fuzzy Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91597
Location: Oxnard, CA
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Met Tri Ti HB

Posts: 364
FF Reputation: 2 Fuzzy Logic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Great video outlining the bug. Thankfully I didn't set favorites previously but sounds really frustrating if you're simply trying to restore your old favorites.

Maybe a Master Reset will fix it? I don't know.
yeah, everything was going smooth until i tried restoring ALL of my favorite places.

and i already tried a master reset, nothing. i'm thinking of just disconnecting the positive / negative battery terminals for an hour over the weekend.

my first inkling that the master reset didn't work was when i saw that all my favorite radio stations were still saved after the master reset. master reset is supposed to wipe everything and apparently, it didn't do so with my radio stations.

this was the case after i upgraded to v 3. i saw i still had all my old radio stations still saved.

another reason why i thought that the old favorites were retained in memory somewhere, and why i think that disconnecting the battery may wipe that memory.
__________________
...SLOFOFO...
2012 Platinum White Tri-Coat Metallic Titanium
401A, Winter Package, Sport Package, Park Tech. Package, Power Moonroof, MFT/HD Sirius/Nav
Fuzzy Logic is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:55 PM   #1126
TiPilot
Focus Addict
 
TiPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 93667
Location: Dayton, OH
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

Posts: 647
FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
don't know if this was covered already, but for anyone with the navigation system, i found this bug:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


basically, the names of your old "favorites" in mft are retained and the system still remembers them. so when you go to try and re-add them, you have to completely rename the places to new names.

ex: let's say you had a place named "Home 2" in version 2.11, (at least in my version of 3.0) i cannot name "Home 2" that anymore. I have to name it something else as that favorite was never wiped from the system.

has anyone with nav. experienced this and fixed it? if so, what's the solution? pulling fuses / disconnecting the battery?

sorry for some of my stuttering, i was tripping over words / trying to find the best way to describe what i was seeing.
I've come across this. You can access your list using the voice command "Navigation > Play Nametags" (or something close to that) and it'll read all the options. More things are definitely listed than what's on-screen. I have 3 favorites (Home + two others) and it lists 5 nametags.

Can't figure out any place where the nametags can be edited. And a Master Reset did nothing for me - they're still there.
__________________
2012 Focus Ti Hatch | Ingot Silver | 401A, Nav, Winter Pkg, Moon Roof, Parking Tech. Pkg

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
TiPilot is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #1127
Fuzzy Logic
Focus Enthusiast
 
Fuzzy Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91597
Location: Oxnard, CA
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Met Tri Ti HB

Posts: 364
FF Reputation: 2 Fuzzy Logic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
I've come across this. You can access your list using the voice command "Navigation > Play Nametags" (or something close to that) and it'll read all the options. More things are definitely listed than what's on-screen. I have 3 favorites (Home + two others) and it lists 5 nametags.

Can't figure out any place where the nametags can be edited. And a Master Reset did nothing for me - they're still there.
this is why i'm going to try to disconnect the battery tomorrow at work (roughly an hour or so). i also did a master reset and it didn't clear anything.

i know if you disconnect the battery long enough (at least in older vehicles), some things are reset. hopefully mft doesn't have a backup battery / 16mb of storage somewhere that stores all the presets.

i had like 20 favorite places saved, so yeah... i'm s.o.l. if i cannot delete / reset them. don't feel like renaming 20 places.
__________________
...SLOFOFO...
2012 Platinum White Tri-Coat Metallic Titanium
401A, Winter Package, Sport Package, Park Tech. Package, Power Moonroof, MFT/HD Sirius/Nav
Fuzzy Logic is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #1128
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast
 
gullwingdmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88545
Location: Boston, MA
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

Posts: 147
FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
this is why i'm going to try to disconnect the battery tomorrow at work (roughly an hour or so). i also did a master reset and it didn't clear anything.

i know if you disconnect the battery long enough (at least in older vehicles), some things are reset. hopefully mft doesn't have a backup battery / 16mb of storage somewhere that stores all the presets.

i had like 20 favorite places saved, so yeah... i'm s.o.l. if i cannot delete / reset them. don't feel like renaming 20 places.
Good news! I have the solution.

This happened to me on 2.11 a few times. If you have a favorite set with the voice name tag enabled and then do a master reset (or in this case the upgrade) it will delete the favorite, but keep the name tag stored in some inaccessible place. For me I knew it was doing this because when I asked it to go to one of my old favorites it acknowledged the command and then never did anything. So It knew the name, but there was no place associated with it.

The solution I found was to go into favorites and save your point under the same name as your old favorite. So if you had set the old one as "Work" then go back in and recreate that favorite using the same name. At this point if you try to enable the voice tag it will error and say that another place already exists with this name. This is a good sign. Now force the system to reboot, I use the reboot file that someone had posted on here a while ago which tricks the system into rebooting itself, I'm sure a fuse pull would work too.

When the system boots back up it should re associate the stuck voice tag with the favorite you just created, solving your problem. You can check this by going into the favorite and the voice tag should display as enabled. The system must do some sort of check when it boots and verify the favorites and voice tags.

Like I said I have had to do this at least twice. I hope this works for you. In the future what I have found is go in and disable the voice tags on all your favorites before doing any upgrades or resets.
gullwingdmc is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #1129
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast
 
gullwingdmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 88545
Location: Boston, MA
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

Posts: 147
FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I added 2 new bugs, to http://outofmytouch.com/. One is a UI on the Nav screen, the other an issue with the Climate systems displaying as off when it isn't.

http://bugs.outofmytouch.com/projects/mft/issues/42
http://bugs.outofmytouch.com/projects/mft/issues/43
gullwingdmc is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:45 AM   #1130
Fuzzy Logic
Focus Enthusiast
 
Fuzzy Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91597
Location: Oxnard, CA
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Met Tri Ti HB

Posts: 364
FF Reputation: 2 Fuzzy Logic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullwingdmc View Post
Good news! I have the solution.

This happened to me on 2.11 a few times. If you have a favorite set with the voice name tag enabled and then do a master reset (or in this case the upgrade) it will delete the favorite, but keep the name tag stored in some inaccessible place. For me I knew it was doing this because when I asked it to go to one of my old favorites it acknowledged the command and then never did anything. So It knew the name, but there was no place associated with it.

The solution I found was to go into favorites and save your point under the same name as your old favorite. So if you had set the old one as "Work" then go back in and recreate that favorite using the same name. At this point if you try to enable the voice tag it will error and say that another place already exists with this name. This is a good sign. Now force the system to reboot, I use the reboot file that someone had posted on here a while ago which tricks the system into rebooting itself, I'm sure a fuse pull would work too.

When the system boots back up it should re associate the stuck voice tag with the favorite you just created, solving your problem. You can check this by going into the favorite and the voice tag should display as enabled. The system must do some sort of check when it boots and verify the favorites and voice tags.

Like I said I have had to do this at least twice. I hope this works for you. In the future what I have found is go in and disable the voice tags on all your favorites before doing any upgrades or resets.
thanks for one solution.

i still want to try my battery disconnect as i have about 20 favorites saved. don't feel like force rebooting mft 20 times or so to fix everything, rather just recreate it all with no associations.

one thing i noticed with mft v3 is that it didn't allow me to put spaces in between the words when i tried to name my favorites. it would force me to name places:

"movietheater" as opposed to "movie theater" (thus not allowing me to name some places the same name i had them in v 2.11). as another poster put it, just recreating my favorites on v3 turned into frustration.
__________________
...SLOFOFO...
2012 Platinum White Tri-Coat Metallic Titanium
401A, Winter Package, Sport Package, Park Tech. Package, Power Moonroof, MFT/HD Sirius/Nav
Fuzzy Logic is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.