My Ford Touch Thread - Page 112 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #1111
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Everyone report your bugs at: http://bugs.outofmytouch.com/project...1&tracker_id=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #1112
thosw
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92594
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Ti 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 thosw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
Done.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #1113
oldpueblo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus

FF Reputation: 1 oldpueblo Good Standing Member
So I started this thread a long time ago and just recently caught up with the last few pages. I recall someone saying they might rip the navigation from their SD card and host it, or am I remembering wrong and that's not possible? If I need to wait on the mail, how safe is it to just upgrade SYNC and then pop in the nav SD later? Do I take out my existing nav first if I do that? I'm looking for steps, etc.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #1114
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
So I started this thread a long time ago and just recently caught up with the last few pages. I recall someone saying they might rip the navigation from their SD card and host it, or am I remembering wrong and that's not possible? If I need to wait on the mail, how safe is it to just upgrade SYNC and then pop in the nav SD later? Do I take out my existing nav first if I do that? I'm looking for steps, etc.
There's no risk to upgrade without the new SD card. I did it along with many others... you'll just have non-functioning nav until you receive the new card. You can still use SYNC services to receive directions somewhere.

To do it, just update MFT and after it's successful pop out the old SD card. When you receive the upgrade package, pop in the new SD card.

Easy as pie.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #1115
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
I received my packet yesterday...installed it on my commute to work. It took about 45 minutes. Overall, I find the update to be an improvement in terms of performance (stability, responsiveness, etc.), and the navigation update is a major plus.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #1116
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Looks like according to the 2013 Escape owner's manual (which the steering wheel and controls are the same as Focus) they are eliminating the assignable shortcut buttons. Instead of the "star 1" there is a picture of a home, which will take it to the home screen. Instead of "star 2" there is an [i] symbol which will take you to the information screen.

So I would say this confirms that they won't be restoring this fuctionality to MyFord touch since it will be shown this way on the Escape's steering wheel controls. It will probably be the same on the 2013 Focus controls too.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #1117
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Looks like according to the 2013 Escape owner's manual (which the steering wheel and controls are the same as Focus) they are eliminating the assignable shortcut buttons. Instead of the "star 1" there is a picture of a home, which will take it to the home screen. Instead of "star 2" there is an [i] symbol which will take you to the information screen.

So I would say this confirms that they won't be restoring this fuctionality to MyFord touch since it will be shown this way on the Escape's steering wheel controls. It will probably be the same on the 2013 Focus controls too.
Hope everyone is happy with how their shortcuts are set.

Does anyone know if pulling the fuse or unhooking the battery resets the favorite buttons' assignments?
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #1118
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:

Thats exactly what mine do... And is as useless as tits on a moose.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 03-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #1119
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
Quote:
Link or pic? I'm just curious what they look like.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #1120
csvt2060
Focus Addict

It doesn't show the actual control, only the icons and what they do when you press them. You can go to the motorcraft site under owners manuals. It's on page 66 under "MyFord touch controls"

Here is the text from the MyFord Touch section of the manual page 315:

Note: You can also directly access the
Home screen and Information screen by
pressing the Home ("house" icon) and
Information ("i" icon) buttons on your
steering wheel controls.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->