My Ford Touch Thread - Page 11 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-09-2011, 07:08 AM   #101
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBobes View Post
Hi, I have MFT without navigation. I didn't think it was worth the $800 for what sounds like factory activation and an SD card loaded with maps. Has there been any word on the possibility of adding navigation (with maps) to current MFT models without nav? Otherwsie, do you think Applink will be promising and offer a navigation app?
For the first no, it is not as simple as buying an SD card and getting an activation. For the second, I don't think any of us really know if and/or what is coming to the 2012s as far as Applink but I can't imagine they would support a nav app as it would cut into the sales of their $800 option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #102
blackfocusghia
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92607
What I Drive: 2005 focus

FF Reputation: 1 blackfocusghia Good Standing Member
Hi everyone

I one of those (Soon to be Focus) owners that is awaiting My Ford Touch to come to Europe (UK). I've heard that it will be summer 2012.

A few questions:

Is this date correct?
Is My Ford Touch waiting for?
How much will it be? i.e. I believe it is an extra cost item in the US (several hundred dollers)

Thank you
Old 12-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #103
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBobes View Post
Hi, I have MFT without navigation. I didn't think it was worth the $800 for what sounds like factory activation and an SD card loaded with maps. Has there been any word on the possibility of adding navigation (with maps) to current MFT models without nav? Otherwsie, do you think Applink will be promising and offer a navigation app?
MFT with Navigation is more than a SC card which stores the $200 map database. MFT with Nav includes the GPSM Module which is a separate module from the APIM.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #104
bkoester
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53453
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 bkoester Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
MFT with Navigation is more than a SC card which stores the $200 map database. MFT with Nav includes the GPSM Module which is a separate module from the APIM.
Are you sure? Every Sync equipped vehicle since 2010 has had GPS in order for TDI to work.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #105
Shahe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91168
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus Titanium 5Dr

FF Reputation: 1 Shahe Good Standing Member
Speaking of Navigation, how do I raise the volume for the navigation's upcoming direction voice? Even though the navigation voice lowers the volume of my iPod before speaking, I can barely hear it.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #106
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
I might as well post my list of issues. This list is from Nov 8, and is only a partial list. I've given up on tracking ALL the MFT issues. There are too many to count. This is from a spreadsheet I originally sent to Ford.

Bluetooth music streaming stops working
Stops and when attemping to select, it eventually shows a Disconnected dialog. Master reset fixes the problem. Repairing the phone does not

Bluetooth audio 'unavailable'
Dialog pops up 'No bluetooth audio device detected. Would you like to add a device?

"This USB device is not supported. Please remove"
See this message periodically when Creative Zen X-Fi MP3 player (in MSC mode) or 16GB Transcend USB Thumb drive plugged in. Does not appear to affect anything. Able to index and play music from the devices

USB music is shown as playing, but no sound
Seen with Creative Zen X-Fi (MSC mode). Dealer confirmed issue, could not resolve. See song titles, but and progress bar moves, but no sound output. Believe this went away after I did a master reset myself

Album art displays as half the generic graphic or no display at all
Seen with 16GB Trascend thumb drive. Same exact device and songs previously showed album art.

USB has 10 second pause between tracks
After reaching the end of the track, the track timer stops and the unit does nothing for 10 seconds, and then plays the next song. This delay seems to have started when the album art problem started

Steering wheel command button does not respond during 10s pause in above issue
Does not respond at all, even after the unit unfreezes. Need to press again.

Steering wheel command button does not ever respond maybe 5% of the time
Steering wheel command button can take many seconds to respond. Haven't bothered to time it yet. My limit is 10-20s before I press it again

Navigation POI match list is blank
Navigation / Destination / POI match list is blank, but expects me to enter a line number. Photo and video available

Navigation screen back button does not work
Back button cycles through nav address input screens, but will never back up all the way. Video available.

"Navigation System Unavailable"
After starting car, shows this message. Never recovers. Photo available.

Navigation system faulted
Shows message indicating that navigation is faulted and to contact my dealer.

"Navigation is not functioning properly. Please contact your dealer for service."
Photo available.

Navigation system goes crazy
See a GPS icon with a red X through it on the map screen. Location is incorrect. Navigation system faulted message pops up every few seconds. Screen alternates brightness and day/night mode every few seconds.

Navigation shows incorrect location
See location off the street I am on, and generally unstable. Looking at GPS on my phone at the exact same time, the phone has no problem finding my location

Where am I? command does not know the street
Seems to be related to the problems with location above. However, I have seen an instance where the map display shows the street name and Where am I? says I'm not on a street.

MFT crashes when starting car and bluetooth music streaming resumes
Happens periodically. Definitely seems tied to trying to auto-resume bluetooth music streaming (which it does for a short time until the crash)

After a crash or reset, MFT tunes to the wrong station
If I'm tuned to FM 107.9 HD1 (which is also a preset), MFT switches the station to FM 107.9 HD2, which I do not have as a preset and which I cannot turn off until the reboot finishes.

Next track while playing from USB starts bluetooth music streaming
Was going through a playlist on my USB device and when I hit the seek next button on the steering wheel, it started playing bluetooth audio.

Next track in shuffle mode after going through all tracks leads to a blank screen
Expect it to cycle through to the start, even though repeat is off, like any other audio player.

Bluetooth indexing option is enabled, but does nothing
I expect this requires an implementation of Bluetooh AVRCP 1.4 for remote directory listing, which my phone does not have. However, this option should not be enabled, or should at least give an error if it cannot index a phone. Instead, you push it and it does nothing, and gives no indication. Support denied it existed or would work initially, and then a supervisor told me that engineering does not test this feature. Could not offer any evidence that this function is even implemented in the MFT software.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #107
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92644
What I Drive: focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Bakaboy Good Standing Member
Got my car last Saturday, popped the Navigation SDCard, says Navigation system initialized and turn by turn navigation is now enabled. A couple of seconds later it says, "Navigation system faulted" and of course "Navigation unavailable" afterwards. Then I realized that the parking sensors didn't work when I put the car on Reverse and the sensors don't pop out. You could just imagine the frustration I felt on having a brand new car with 15 kms on it and have it seemingly broken from the get go.

After a couple of hours of , outright rage and blood rushing to my head like it was about to explode; I calmed down and figured that I should actually do some basic troubleshooting. I tried a couple of Master Reboots, still the same annoying message and the MFT actually locked up at one point. More , fist thumping and bitching so I just slept it off before I have a stroke.

After a few hours of sleep, I went through the forums again.. calmly this time and read about resetting the Navigation/GPS systems by disconnecting power to them momentarily. So I removed fuse #67 (GPS, Driver display) and #79 (Navigation etc) put them back, started the car and low and behold everything now works, navigation and parking sensors.

I immediately started feeling that sense of relief and actually started appreciating the car.

I only hope no one else has to go through the same thing, but from the looks of it I won't be the last.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #108
lo-fo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 43482
What I Drive: 2012 5dr Ti Sport

FF Reputation: 1 lo-fo Good Standing Member
has anyone used the Sirius "alerts" function where you can tag songs/artists you like? it's f'ing magic. an alert pops up when they're playing on another station and you can switch right over. <--never had sirius maybe other people will not think it's as useful as i do.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #109
redav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86142
What I Drive: 2002, Yellow Mazda

FF Reputation: 1 redav Good Standing Member
I'm sure everyone has heard this already, but if it goes through, I'd expect there to be another major revision to MFT.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/13/us/nts...ban/index.html
Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #110
lo-fo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 43482
What I Drive: 2012 5dr Ti Sport

FF Reputation: 1 lo-fo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by redav View Post
I'm sure everyone has heard this already, but if it goes through, I'd expect there to be another major revision to MFT.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/13/us/nts...ban/index.html
from the article:
It would apply to hands-free as well as hand-held devices, but devices installed in the vehicle by the manufacturer would be allowed, the NTSB said.

Bookmarks & Social Networks