My Ford Touch Thread - Page 105 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #1041
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hopefully that includes all future updates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #1042
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Just got mine today in Buffalo, NY. I don't have nav, so just the USB stick. FWIW, I verified the file checksums on the stick to the ones that were posted early this month. They matched exactly. For all those who say the problems with the new update were because of "pirated" software. LOL.
just received my packet today but won't install it yet.. my v2.11 runs fine w/ no re boots, fuse pulling, or any other problems... yes, it's probably slower than v3.0 but it works and i don't experience any problems described here by those w/ v3.0 so i'll sit and wait.....
Old 03-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #1043
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Got my upgrade package Saturday. Already downloaded and installed but got the new Nav card. Ran out and put it in but didn't really get to see much since I only ran a couple of minor errands over the weekend. Thought I would give it a better test after work. Only one test so hardly conclusive but my observations:

Decided to set my home address from the work parking lot. Unlike a lot of others, I have never had problems using voice on my old Nav but whenever I tried to give the old one my home address, it always gave me two option lines to choose from, one correct and the other not so much. This time it simply loaded my home address correctly first try, I did not have to choose.

I also chose to set it to my house not only because I was going there but because I knew I was going to stop for gas, which takes me slightly out of my way and off of my usual route (hey, I live in a region of zone pricing so country gas is a lot cheaper than it is by my home). After the route was set (which seemed a little faster but not much faster than the old system used to take) I continued, passing my usual first turn. Route recalculation was damn near instantaneous. Didn't even see a "Recalculating route" screen as I used to before. Passed three more options in which it wanted me to hang a left and again, it instantly recalculated when I passed these options, no hang whatsoever in doing so.

Once I got back on track for the expressway portion of the drive home I switched to split screen view. The new "more realistic" or "photorealistic" (or whatever Ford was calling them) on and off ramps, expressway splits and so on were very good but don't know that I would say great. For example, at one point on my drive the expressway splits with two lanes going off to the right and two staying on the left. The screen image only depicted one lane to the right (and it has been like this for the last 20 years so it is not some new construction or anything). I happend to be staying to the left so maybe if my route was taking me to the right it would have showed both of those and only one on the left. Maybe it was only to fit the depiction on the screen. Don't know, I'll have to try it and see.

I used 3-D mode for the trip. Didn't notice and lag or anything. Hardly put it through the paces but just a quick test. Route recalculation was what impressed me most. Definitely going to have to give it a little more rigorous workout.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #1044
GT5001
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 48923
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 GT5001 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
just received my packet today but won't install it yet.. my v2.11 runs fine w/ no re boots, fuse pulling, or any other problems... yes, it's probably slower than v3.0 but it works and i don't experience any problems described here by those w/ v3.0 so i'll sit and wait.....
Same story here. Installed this afternoon & ran it though several of the screens. So far, I'm impressed. No bugs, yet. I actually think mine is as fast or faster than the previous version. I like the nav enhancements.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #1045
SelfNicholas
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95823
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 SelfNicholas Good Standing Member
Just wondering, but if you pay for Sync Services is that the same as having the navigation, or am i going off on a limb here? Seems like people who didn't get navi built in should have a chance to get navi...."Ya Feel Me?"
Old 03-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #1046
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
Still waiting for update in TX...
Old 03-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #1047
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bengal View Post
Still waiting for update in TX...
This further proves my theory they did it by region. Seems like the coasts got the upgrade. Those of us inland seem to not have received it...
Old 03-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #1048
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
This further proves my theory they did it by region. Seems like the coasts got the upgrade. Those of us inland seem to not have received it...
Texas has a coast... just sayin.. lol
Old 03-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #1049
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92644
What I Drive: focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Bakaboy Good Standing Member
I'm from the coast... and I haven't got it yet. I'm from Canada though so I might as well be living in Africa as far as Ford is concerned :P
Old 03-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #1050
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Would it not be better to download this update from the sync site as I understand it is available there? Why are we all waiting for the mailed version?

Bookmarks & Social Networks