My Ford Touch Thread - Page 102 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #1011
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
2.11 has got all sorts of bugs and issues. Bluetooth audio issues, USB audio issues, crashing ("BSOD" Sync Maintenance screen), hanging up for no reason, slow or unresponsive voice commands, indexing and building media commands can sometimes last forever, or in some cases indexing will work but the building media commands never goes away. A lot of people have expressed a large dislike of the nav system which on 2.11 (and even 3.0 now) reportedly hardly works at all, if ever, or works great 1/10 times.

If you don't have them, you're lucky. I went several months before having any issues with my system, and finally had the BSOD one day and after that a few more major issues popped up, bluetooth stopped working, had the issue once a few weeks ago actually in late February where the radio locked up and was trying to do a fuse pull after pulling over into a gas station lot when it finally rebooted.
knock wood.. i am very lucky.. i don't have any of the issues u mention and never needed to pull a fuse... thanks for the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #1012
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
I drove 7 hours this weekend in the Focus... uncovered more bugs.

Sometimes I couldn't 'open' the Entertainment page... I would have to open Climate or Phone and then press the 'Entertainment' button on the bottom, left. This happened to me 2-3 times while listening to USB audio.

Album art is hit or miss. For some reason only Beatles album art shows... everything else is blank.

Overall, the update is an improvement in terms of stability.... it's just these various bugs that make the system overall unpolished and unfinished.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #1013
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
What kind of bugs did u find in ur neighbour's MFT? i'm curious as i haven't stumbled across any in my 2.11 version.. perhaps they are there but i haven't found them yet... My only complaint is that when 'indexing' it takes a few minutes.. Is the 3.0 version faster w/ this? I mean it takes less than 4/5 minutes to index 2K of songs but i think it should be faster. Am i being unrealistic?
Lets see, just off the top of my head -

Her mp3 player endlessly indexed, her sync would take a good 30 seconds to respond after the paddle was pulled, her phone was randomly connecting and disconnecting as we sat there, etc... Ya know, the standard stuff. She either hadn't noticed or thought it was supposed to work like that (shes an older lady)...lol I think ignorance of the technology has been working in fords favor thus far.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 03-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #1014
pil__
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90074
What I Drive: 2012 Red Ford Focus Titanium

Points 382, Level 7
Points: 382, Level: 7 Points: 382, Level: 7 Points: 382, Level: 7
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 pil__ Good Standing Member
I've just announced the greatest thing since the delayed reboot app! An online MFT bug tracker!

Read about it here and vent your bugs into the database instead of just into this thread.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #1015
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
I find this pretty much impossible to believe. The bugs will be there if you know what to look for. One of my neighbors just got an sel with mft. She told me it was perfect and looked at me like I was nuts. 30 seconds with me in her car I pointed out at least 10 bugs with 2.11 and her toy was no longer perfect and her day was ruined. Bottom line is pretty much all of the cars have some kind of issue if mft is involved.

Quote:

Her mp3 player endlessly indexed, her sync would take a good 30 seconds to respond after the paddle was pulled, her phone was randomly connecting and disconnecting as we sat there, etc... Ya know, the standard stuff. She either hadn't noticed or thought it was supposed to work like that (shes an older lady)...lol I think ignorance of the technology has been working in fords favor thus far.

It seems that you are simply embellishing because you dislike MFT or something. I don't know why you feel the need to make things sound so much worse than they actually are, but I don't think you will ever be happy no matter what Ford does. Supposedly you found 10 bugs in 30 seconds in 2.11 where she didn't notice any of this in her use of the system. Sorry, but your credibility is seriously in question here.

Are all the other electronics in your life perfect, or will we find you trolling the Android forums complaining there as well?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #1016
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
It seems that you are simply embellishing because you dislike MFT or something. I don't know why you feel the need to make things sound so much worse than they actually are, but I don't think you will ever be happy no matter what Ford does. Supposedly you found 10 bugs in 30 seconds in 2.11 where she didn't notice any of this in her use of the system. Sorry, but your credibility is seriously in question here.

Are all the other electronics in your life perfect, or will we find you trolling the Android forums complaining there as well?
I'd have to say I think you are pretty far off on this one. I'm sure you don't want to read through all 85 pages of posts in this thread but even skim through it and you will find that nothing blackraven is pointing out is a surprise (or embellishment for that matter). Hell, even just 4 posts above feta mentioned essentially the same things. Those are bugs that hundreds and hundreds of us on here have experienced (hence his use of the term "standard stuff"). None of these things are breaking news or unexpected behavior after a while of ownership. Like feta, I didn't really start experiencing them regularly until some time later (5-6 weeks) but did have hiccups here and there from the day I took delivery. Volume increases and locks, random iPod (or whatever you use) disconnected messages, even though it has been connected and functioning for weeks, unrecognized USB device (again, even though it has been connected and functioning for weeks, all of the sudden it is unrecognized), random phone losing pairing incidents, "performing scheduled maintenance", ages to index/build media commands, REALLY laggy response on the voice paddle (which on a side note so far in my time with the update, little over a week now, does seem to consistently respond faster).

You can question blackraven's credibility because he found 10 bugs in 30 seconds and she didn't notice anything but I quite frankly could do the same with a new owner. The reason this is possible is that anyone that has owned the system for a while knows what to look for, already knows these behaviors. No electronics are ever perfect or without bugs but these things are so common, so prevalent that they are easily demonstrated if you know when and where they happen. Minor bugs are one thing but some of these issues simply "cripple" the system and even the ones that don't just get tiresome of dealing with after a while.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #1017
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post

Do we really need this attitude? Accusing people like this?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #1018
TitaniumGero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88508
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I'd have to say I think you are pretty far off on this one. I'm sure you don't want to read through all 85 pages of posts in this thread but even skim through it and you will find that nothing blackraven is pointing out is a surprise (or embellishment for that matter). Hell, even just 4 posts above feta mentioned essentially the same things. Those are bugs that hundreds and hundreds of us on here have experienced (hence his use of the term "standard stuff"). None of these things are breaking news or unexpected behavior after a while of ownership. Like feta, I didn't really start experiencing them regularly until some time later (5-6 weeks) but did have hiccups here and there from the day I took delivery. Volume increases and locks, random iPod (or whatever you use) disconnected messages, even though it has been connected and functioning for weeks, unrecognized USB device (again, even though it has been connected and functioning for weeks, all of the sudden it is unrecognized), random phone losing pairing incidents, "performing scheduled maintenance", ages to index/build media commands, REALLY laggy response on the voice paddle (which on a side note so far in my time with the update, little over a week now, does seem to consistently respond faster).

You can question blackraven's credibility because he found 10 bugs in 30 seconds and she didn't notice anything but I quite frankly could do the same with a new owner. The reason this is possible is that anyone that has owned the system for a while knows what to look for, already knows these behaviors. No electronics are ever perfect or without bugs but these things are so common, so prevalent that they are easily demonstrated if you know when and where they happen. Minor bugs are one thing but some of these issues simply "cripple" the system and even the ones that don't just get tiresome of dealing with after a while.
I'm with GreyFox here. She may be ignorant when it comes to MFT or probably any kind of technology, but she was happy with it so why destroy it for her? You could've waited to tell her about the bugs when an actual fix comes out.

I wouldn't be surprised if she traded in her Focus for something else just because of the problems you pointed out on MFT which a lot of people have been doing.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #1019
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post

Well, I think you may have misinterpreted my point. I did read through about 30 pages of this thread btw. I'm not saying that there aren't issues with 2.11. There clearly are, which is why Ford is making such an effort with v3. I've experienced them, so I am not for a moment doubting the problems. However if you look at what he said in those two posts I quoted, it's very clear that he is making a direct attempt to make things seem worse than they are. Further, his absolute refusal to accept that v3 isn't a major improvement makes it appear that he has an agenda.

Maybe he's just a frustrated user, I am sure many are. I bought MFT with full knowledge of the issues, and got really bummed when I saw people saying the v3 update was so bad. Then I saw it for myself and realized that it's actually quite good. Are there still some problems? Sure, but if this forum is your only source of information, you'd think the worst. So, my point is that if we are going to talk about the issues, let's not make them out to be so horrible, and let's keep our comments in perspective.

I mean the two quotes I noted for him were pretty much impossible. How could he show 10 bugs in 30 seconds, while at the same time have the voice commands hang for 30 seconds? It just doesn't add up. That's all I'm saying. Let's be reasonable, and give Ford some credit for trying to make it right.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #1020
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Do we really need this attitude? Accusing people like this?
I'm sorry Matt, but the negativity in his posts were just over the top IMHO. I felt I had to call him out on it because he's already upset his neighbor, and although there are problems, that level of MFT bashing will not help to accomplish anything. If Ford people see these forums, that's the kind of thing that will keep them from taking us seriously.

Bookmarks & Social Networks