My Ford Touch Thread - Page 101 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #1001
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb5000 View Post
I have the auto headlights. When it gets dark they automatically turn on. I'm now wondering if my headlights were flashing in synch with the panel. Don't have any real tunnels here in Florida to try it out. Will have to run a test by covering up the sensor and see what happens.

Most of the post here reference version 3.0. The dealer put version 3.0.2 in mine. Just wondering?

Tomorrow will be 1 week with the upgrade and no major problems, feels good.
I have found that the auto headlights and the MFT diming trigger at different times. Either there is a different sensor for each, or each system is interpreting it differently. I have noticed that the MFT system has a much lower tolerance, in that it dims and brightens more often than the headlights turn on and off when I'm driving around dusk.

Also one other thing I've noticed. The ambient lighting seems to be triggered on by the MFT system, not the headlights. So you can also look and see if the ambient lighting is turning on and off. That should tell you if it's an issue with MFT or just the screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #1002
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
If she was happy with it, maybe you should have just let her be. I don't really see the point in in ruining her new car experience. In time, the flaws with MFT would have been obvious.
Agreed, why go hunting for disappointment unless you just want to be unhappy and miserable. No software is perfect and it's true if you look hard enough you will find fault with anything.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #1003
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
If she was happy with it, maybe you should have just let her be. I don't really see the point in in ruining her new car experience. In time, the flaws with MFT would have been obvious.
She asked. No sense in lying.

Whether or not someone thinks that this fiasco somehow avoids them and their magical car, it doesn't. We ALL have the same bugs while SOME have specific bugs. But we all have bugs nonetheless - even if you haven't noticed them yet.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #1004
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
My display switched back and forth from day to night all the time, usually around sunset when a turn puts the setting sun either in direct or off the light sensor. There used to be a timer (20 or 40 seconds) before the display would dim/brighten under changing conditions, but it seems to be gone with the update. Now it happens as soon as light hits it. It can be a tunnel, or a bright light, and it switches, which is distracting... and when the nav is on, it redraws the screen, which is very slow to begin with.
Also since the update (not sure if related): My automatic headlights no longer go on with the automatic wipers, even though that setting is checked.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #1005
DLGonzo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94221
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 DLGonzo Good Standing Member
Updated via SMR

I was trying to wait until my update arrived but then my system froze with max audio volume and stayed on after shutting the car off and I had to pull the fuse once again. I decided it was time to download the update from the SMR site and update my system even though I have NAV and would have to wait until my update arrived to be able to use that part of the system. After I updated the system all seemed okay for a while. Then about 3-4 days (yesterday) into using the system post update it kept rebooting every time I started the car. Along with the reboot it would reindex my flash drive of music. I recieved my upgrade package yesterday evening and put the new SD NAV card into the SD slot and then pulled the fuse to fully reset the system. Today when I started the car all was working fine. The system started up with no reboot or reindex and the music was playing fine off my flash drive via voice commands. I will have to see if it lasts. I was wondering do you all think...Is there a difference between the update they are sending out on the flash drive, the download on SMR and the update Ford is sending to the dealers? Are all three the same or do they all have differences as to the level of replacement of the OS (Adding or replacing files to update the system--->A total clean system install)?
Old 03-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #1006
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb5000 View Post
I have the auto headlights. When it gets dark they automatically turn on. I'm now wondering if my headlights were flashing in synch with the panel. Don't have any real tunnels here in Florida to try it out. Will have to run a test by covering up the sensor and see what happens.

Most of the post here reference version 3.0. The dealer put version 3.0.2 in mine. Just wondering?

Tomorrow will be 1 week with the upgrade and no major problems, feels good.
ahhh, thanks.. that 'splains it.. i forgot about the auto lights.. i have them but never use them...that's why my mft doesn't dim/brighten alot....
Old 03-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #1007
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
I find this pretty much impossible to believe. The bugs will be there if you know what to look for. One of my neighbors just got an sel with mft. She told me it was perfect and looked at me like I was nuts. 30 seconds with me in her car I pointed out at least 10 bugs with 2.11 and her toy was no longer perfect and her day was ruined. Bottom line is pretty much all of the cars have some kind of issue if mft is involved.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
What kind of bugs did u find in ur neighbour's MFT? i'm curious as i haven't stumbled across any in my 2.11 version.. perhaps they are there but i haven't found them yet... My only complaint is that when 'indexing' it takes a few minutes.. Is the 3.0 version faster w/ this? I mean it takes less than 4/5 minutes to index 2K of songs but i think it should be faster. Am i being unrealistic?
Old 03-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #1008
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
My display switched back and forth from day to night all the time, usually around sunset when a turn puts the setting sun either in direct or off the light sensor. There used to be a timer (20 or 40 seconds) before the display would dim/brighten under changing conditions, but it seems to be gone with the update. Now it happens as soon as light hits it. It can be a tunnel, or a bright light, and it switches, which is distracting... and when the nav is on, it redraws the screen, which is very slow to begin with.
Also since the update (not sure if related): My automatic headlights no longer go on with the automatic wipers, even though that setting is checked.
To the best of my knowledge that feature never worked correctly in the Focus. Even with 2.11, my auto wipers would never activate my lights if both the lights/wipers were set to auto.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 03-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #1009
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
What kind of bugs did u find in ur neighbour's MFT? i'm curious as i haven't stumbled across any in my 2.11 version.. perhaps they are there but i haven't found them yet... My only complaint is that when 'indexing' it takes a few minutes.. Is the 3.0 version faster w/ this? I mean it takes less than 4/5 minutes to index 2K of songs but i think it should be faster. Am i being unrealistic?
2.11 has got all sorts of bugs and issues. Bluetooth audio issues, USB audio issues, crashing ("BSOD" Sync Maintenance screen), hanging up for no reason, slow or unresponsive voice commands, indexing and building media commands can sometimes last forever, or in some cases indexing will work but the building media commands never goes away. A lot of people have expressed a large dislike of the nav system which on 2.11 (and even 3.0 now) reportedly hardly works at all, if ever, or works great 1/10 times.

If you don't have them, you're lucky. I went several months before having any issues with my system, and finally had the BSOD one day and after that a few more major issues popped up, bluetooth stopped working, had the issue once a few weeks ago actually in late February where the radio locked up and was trying to do a fuse pull after pulling over into a gas station lot when it finally rebooted.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 03-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #1010
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
To the best of my knowledge that feature never worked correctly in the Focus. Even with 2.11, my auto wipers would never activate my lights if both the lights/wipers were set to auto.
From the manual:
Note: If the vehicle is equipped with autolamps, it will have the windshield wiper rainlamp feature. When the windshield wipers are turned to low- or high-speed wiping during daylight, and the headlamp control is in the autolamp position, the exterior lamps will turn on after a brief delay and will remain on until the wipers are turned off.

Bookmarks & Social Networks