My Ford Touch Thread - Page 100 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #991
clickman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93645
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium HB

Points 171, Level 3
Points: 171, Level: 3 Points: 171, Level: 3 Points: 171, Level: 3
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 clickman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Anyone know when the Version 3 supplement manual will be out or where it can be found? It's not on the Ford Owner's Manual site.

In particular, I'd like to know what the current list of voice commands is. Is it available right in the MFT?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #992
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb5000 View Post
I know I can set the screen brightness manually. But why should I have to? It shouldn't dim every time I pass through the shadow of a cloud at dusk. Of course if favorites worked I could make that screen a favorite and jump to it and make the change however favorites from the steering wheel does not work now.

Don't get me wrong ver 3 is much better than ver 2.11 for me. The dealer and Ford sold me a product they knew had problems without telling me and letting me make an informed decision. My dealer does not put any of the MFT service in the system. They claim since no charges for service were incurred Ford does not want to see a service record. Ford closing out my Case #1441330602 without contacting me or doing anything is plain .....

Could I have done more research, absolutely. Will I think twice in the future absolutely. Do I like the car absolutely, it is quieter than my old car, responsive, transmission is good, like the steering in corners. Push button start is nice but the key sits deep in my pocket so when I get to the house front door have to dig for it. Maybe Ford can sell a lock set that unlocks when you touch the knob like the car does.

Left the key in the car once and couldn't lock the doors. Wife just laughed at me, reaching in and holding the key fob up for me to see.

Nice car and a pleasure to drive.
Question: are you saying ur MFT dims to night mode every time i gets dark in the cabin such as goin thru a tunnel? Mine doesn't do that.. It only dims when i turn the headlights on. It the lights aren't on the mft stays full bright (or whatever i set it to).. I do have auto dim on it tho. thnx
Old 03-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #993
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

Points 1,968, Level 26
Points: 1,968, Level: 26 Points: 1,968, Level: 26 Points: 1,968, Level: 26
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
Wait...hold the phone. Can we get someone else to confirm the info below? There are dealer-only updates that are NEWER than what will be mailed directly to customers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
Ok, so this is really interesting... I saw another person posting about purchasing his car shortly before the mail out date, and being told he didn't make the list. So, I decided to investigate for myself as I purchased my Focus near the end of February.

I called in, and he found my info and said that I would be receiving the flash drive and SD card soon. I have navi, which I don't want to be without, so I am waiting. Then he said that once I get it, that I will need to take it in to the dealer (free of charge) because there are additional SYNC/MFT updates needed which are not included in the mailed kit. I have v2.11 now. I asked him what those updates were, and he didn't know, but said that it was flagged in the system as needing additional updates.

He made it very clear that this would all be done at no charge. So, now I am wondering if some of the issues everyone is having may be due to others also needing these additional updates as well? Sync my ride does offer to let me download the update, but I am waiting so I keep navi in tact.

Just sharing what I was told in case it helps anyone.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #994
jeb5000
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95481
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jeb5000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
Question: are you saying ur MFT dims to night mode every time i gets dark in the cabin such as goin thru a tunnel? Mine doesn't do that.. It only dims when i turn the headlights on. It the lights aren't on the mft stays full bright (or whatever i set it to).. I do have auto dim on it tho. thnx

I have the auto headlights. When it gets dark they automatically turn on. I'm now wondering if my headlights were flashing in synch with the panel. Don't have any real tunnels here in Florida to try it out. Will have to run a test by covering up the sensor and see what happens.

Most of the post here reference version 3.0. The dealer put version 3.0.2 in mine. Just wondering?

Tomorrow will be 1 week with the upgrade and no major problems, feels good.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #995
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
Hi - Canadian 2012 Focus owner here - waiting for my update to arrive by mail. I don't check this forum that often but checked in and read that last 10 pages of this thread tonight to see if people were starting to get the update and what they thought of it. For me the current version has shown it's flakiness but is generally usable for me as someone who is fairly tolerant (I've had 5-10 lockups and have had to do a few fuse pull since June when I bought the car but that has not bothered me too much).

Well - I'm shocked and in disbelief about what I'm hearing in the last 10 pages here. Sounds to me like the update which was intended to stabilize the system and make up for the lacking fist few releases is more buggy than ever and is in fact so bad that some advise not to upgrade unless it's a total nightmare on the previous version? Is this a cruel joke? Someone, anyone - say it isn't so!!!
Well, I haven't installed it yet, but I spent a good bit of time playing with it in my friends Focus last night. He's has zero issues with his. No lockups, not a single problem at all, and it's really fast. I too was worried after reading the forums here, but I can only think that there is something going on beyond the update that is causing frustration for some. Perhaps some issue with attached devices, or who knows.

Bottom line is very few people with perfectly functioning updates come here to say that it's great and there are no issues. So when all you see are the problems, it makes things look pretty grim. Rest assured not everyone is having bad results.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #996
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
Wait...hold the phone. Can we get someone else to confirm the info below? There are dealer-only updates that are NEWER than what will be mailed directly to customers???
To be clear, I was told they were "Additional" updates. I don't know that they are newer, or supplemental. I'll be talking with the service manager at the dealer once my update arrives, and I'll report back on what happens.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #997
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Well, I haven't installed it yet, but I spent a good bit of time playing with it in my friends Focus last night. He's has zero issues with his. No lockups, not a single problem at all, and it's really fast. I too was worried after reading the forums here, but I can only think that there is something going on beyond the update that is causing frustration for some. Perhaps some issue with attached devices, or who knows.

Bottom line is very few people with perfectly functioning updates come here to say that it's great and there are no issues. So when all you see are the problems, it makes things look pretty grim. Rest assured not everyone is having bad results.
I find this pretty much impossible to believe. The bugs will be there if you know what to look for. One of my neighbors just got an sel with mft. She told me it was perfect and looked at me like I was nuts. 30 seconds with me in her car I pointed out at least 10 bugs with 2.11 and her toy was no longer perfect and her day was ruined. Bottom line is pretty much all of the cars have some kind of issue if mft is involved.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 03-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #998
RockyD
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93737
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 RockyD Good Standing Member
If she was happy with it, maybe you should have just let her be. I don't really see the point in in ruining her new car experience. In time, the flaws with MFT would have been obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
I find this pretty much impossible to believe. The bugs will be there if you know what to look for. One of my neighbors just got an sel with mft. She told me it was perfect and looked at me like I was nuts. 30 seconds with me in her car I pointed out at least 10 bugs with 2.11 and her toy was no longer perfect and her day was ruined. Bottom line is pretty much all of the cars have some kind of issue if mft is involved.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 03-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #999
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

Points 1,968, Level 26
Points: 1,968, Level: 26 Points: 1,968, Level: 26 Points: 1,968, Level: 26
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
Thanks. I'm interested in hearing back from you.

Quote:
To be clear, I was told they were "Additional" updates. I don't know that they are newer, or supplemental. I'll be talking with the service manager at the dealer once my update arrives, and I'll report back on what happens.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #1000
SelfNicholas
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95823
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 SelfNicholas Good Standing Member
Installed the updates, no problems so far.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.