My Ford Touch Thread - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #91
Bradkap
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89782
What I Drive: 2012 grey metallic, titanium hatchb

FF Reputation: 1 Bradkap Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Someone suggested turning off the phonebook syncing. I did that and turned off the display photos with contacts, something is now better. After 5 starts, ons connects, disconnects, and engine shut downs, iPhone blue tooth connection is working fine ?? I hope I did not jinx myself but you might try it to see if this fixes your problems. Perhaps the MFT and iPhone are just tryi g to do too much.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #92
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

Points 1,952, Level 26
Points: 1,952, Level: 26 Points: 1,952, Level: 26 Points: 1,952, Level: 26
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradkap View Post
sorry for the silly question. I tried to remove the cover to the fuse box to pull #67, but can not figure out how to pop it off. any suggestions ? I do not want to force it off
The fuse panel is in the passenger side foot area. There are two round slip nuts (mine are yellow) that hold the cover in place. Pull those straight off, and pull the cover slightly to the side and down. There is a small fuse puller in the fuse box lid in the engine compartment forward of the battery on the driver's side.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #93
thefro
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87593
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 thefro Good Standing Member
Issues I've had with MFT (luckily nothing too bad yet):

- Clock will freeze occasionally at the time I last shut the car off instead of keeping the correct time.
- Temperature display changes from F to Celsius and you can't change it back (has happened twice and the scheduled maintenance fixed it both times)
- MFT recognized my USB stick as still being plugged in even after I had taken it out, therefore it wouldn't recognize any of my USB devices. The scheduled maintenance also fixed this.

There's some other interface things that really need to be cleaned up (input lag, sometimes it takes 15 seconds for sync to launch after you press the button, etc). There's also a noticeable performance hit once a phone is paired. It's also pretty random as to what screen will appear when you start the thing up.

Not a huge deal for me (I work in IT) but the average customer is going to expect the tech to work every time and be responsive.

I'm pretty happy with it and it works the vast majority of the time for me, despite the glitches.
Build Date 9/1 - ETA 9/12
Arrived 9/10 - Picked up 9/16
Old 12-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #94
paladin732
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88993
What I Drive: 2012 Candy SEL Sedan

Points 489, Level 9
Points: 489, Level: 9 Points: 489, Level: 9 Points: 489, Level: 9
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 paladin732 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro View Post
Issues I've had with MFT (luckily nothing too bad yet):

- Clock will freeze occasionally at the time I last shut the car off instead of keeping the correct time.
- Temperature display changes from F to Celsius and you can't change it back (has happened twice and the scheduled maintenance fixed it both times)
- MFT recognized my USB stick as still being plugged in even after I had taken it out, therefore it wouldn't recognize any of my USB devices. The scheduled maintenance also fixed this.

There's some other interface things that really need to be cleaned up (input lag, sometimes it takes 15 seconds for sync to launch after you press the button, etc). There's also a noticeable performance hit once a phone is paired. It's also pretty random as to what screen will appear when you start the thing up.

Not a huge deal for me (I work in IT) but the average customer is going to expect the tech to work every time and be responsive.
I'm actually 99.9999% sure that "performing system maintenance" is codeword for "reboot"
Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #95
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro View Post
It's also pretty random as to what screen will appear when you start the thing up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin732 View Post
I'm actually 99.9999% sure that "performing system maintenance" is codeword for "reboot"
When I first got the car it always went to the last screen I was on after startup. Not long thereafter, it switched (itself, I didn't change anything) to wallpaper upon startup. After a glitch and it has to go to scheduled maintenance (yep, it is a reboot as the random nature of it seems to indicate nothing even remotely close to a "schedule" and it only seems to happen when everything it misbehaving) it seems to consistently default to the 4-quadrant screen upon startup.

On a side note, I got my very first "volume lockout" last week. It was great!!!!! Steering wheel controls frozen, touchscreen frozen, blaring music. At least that is not dangerous!!!!!! The manual volume knob on the stereo worked to turn it down but it would slowly, over the course of about 15-20 seconds, creep itself up to full volume again.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #96
jade408
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91998
What I Drive: Focus HB Titanium, Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 jade408 Good Standing Member
Has anyone seen this issue? One of my HD radio stations (it is currently set to the 1st option on FM1 and is the secondary station) is no longer putting up the right title for the song. This station is stuck on the last song I tagged from the station. It has been like this for 2-3 days. All of the other stations are playing the titles correctly.

Also, I find that the Bluetooth audio song labels are flaky. They show up sometimes, or get stuck and do not sync up unless I skip a song, or do not show anything at all. I am streaming bluetooth from my iphone's music library, so everything has a title.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #97
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Can't speak to the first since I don't really listen to the radio when I drive but yeah the BT protocols (in iOS5) are sketchy at best. When I start it up, the first song will show up fine and it will stay on that song title even when it moves to the next song unless I do a skip and that will update it.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #98
Scriptorum
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89797
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium HB + Nav

FF Reputation: 1 Scriptorum Good Standing Member
I really don't like how the preset panels work. The radio and Sirius devices have a set of preset panels, and each preset panel has its own selected channel. By switching to a different preset panel on the same device, it changes the channel. For example, if you're on the first preset panel and want to save the current station to a free spot on another panel, you have to memorize the channel number, switch to the other panel which also changes the current channel, then direct tune to your channel again. No likey. Do other new cars do this? What I would like to see is pressing the device button just changes the preset panel shown and doesn't change the current channel.

Edit:
Is there a way to do a "next preset" from the dash or MFT? The only way I know to do this is hit "right" on the rightmost steering pad.

This reminds me of another complaint - if I'm listening to the last preset station on the current preset panel and I select "next preset," it should go to the next panel and change the station to the first preset of that panel. (At least in my mind.) Instead it goes to the first preset of the same panel.

Last edited by Scriptorum; 12-09-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Additional whinin n' moanin
Old 12-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #99
TBobes
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92587
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 TBobes Good Standing Member
Add Navigation?

Hi, I have MFT without navigation. I didn't think it was worth the $800 for what sounds like factory activation and an SD card loaded with maps. Has there been any word on the possibility of adding navigation (with maps) to current MFT models without nav? Otherwsie, do you think Applink will be promising and offer a navigation app?
Old 12-09-2011, 01:47 AM   #100
jade408
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91998
What I Drive: Focus HB Titanium, Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 jade408 Good Standing Member
As far as I know, a big difference with the navigation:
1. It recalculates when you make a wrong turn
2. Exit view. Basically when you are going to an exit with lots of options/turns it highlights the right path

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.