throttle body problems - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #21
badazz2010focus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78166
What I Drive: 2010 ingot silver 2 dr 5 speed

FF Reputation: 7 badazz2010focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
what gas pedal mods?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #22
st12131
Focal Distortion

Fan#: 74797
What I Drive: 2007, Huyndai, Santa Fe, GLS

FF Reputation: 8 st12131 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
try eBay for a used one. New they should be about $150-200. Most of them are bad because of the throttle position sensor. The whole thing is sealed and unserviceable. Also a TB from a Fusion 4 cylinder will work too (its what I have)
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 05-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #23
grntrdbx
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99094
What I Drive: 2010,black,SES

FF Reputation: 1 grntrdbx Good Standing Member
I have a 2010 SES and it started around 15k with a throttle surging issue. After going through a couple of checks and putting up with the surging for about a year I took it in at 34k. I narrowed it down to a bad throttle body, and Ford Oasis internal site confirmed that there was a TSB for the same issues and the fix was a throttlebody replacement. The catch is that the TSB only covers engine build dates from 2-10 through 8-10 (if I remember correctly). My engine build date was 9-09. I contacted Ford Customer Relations, took it back in at 58k and got another diagnosis. The codes that came up were the ones generated for a TB replacement. They gave me a price of around $700 parts and labor and knocked it down to about $500 w/ employee disc. I was not about to pay for this since it shouls have been covered under the original warranty. I contacted Ford again and will hear back from them in 2 days on if it will be replaced at their cost.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #24
cristobal313
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 77426
What I Drive: Murdered 08 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 cristobal313 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I wouldn't pay anything over 200. The part itself cost 160 from Tousley Ford and it takes 10 minutes to replace
SES #002

Old 05-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #25
cristobal313
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 77426
What I Drive: Murdered 08 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 cristobal313 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Also make sure you don't have issues with the MAF too
SES #002

Old 05-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #26
grntrdbx
Focus Rookie

Trust me, I can handle replacing it (4 bolts @10Nm and an electrical connection) but I feel the factory should replace it. I should find out what Ford will do with the issue today at end of business. I also have a family member that should be able to get me dealer cost for the part so I'm sure I will not be paying full price for the factory part. I'm also a tradesman at a Ford facility and have access to the Oasis system which lets me check factory work proceedures and TSB's etc. I know if I relay the issue to one of my fellow tradesman, he will tell me to eat the cost (because they're going to bone me anyway) and just replace it myself.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #27
grntrdbx
Focus Rookie

Reply from FoMoCo customer relations

I finally got a call back from Ford customer relations this past Tuesday, and they said that my mileage was too high for Ford to replace the TB under the factory warranty. I once again explained the situation from the beginning and that the original problem started before 36k miles and this didn't seem to change the final decision. She did however let me know that Ford would pay for 40% of the labor to replace the part. The dealership was going to charge over $200 to do a 0.6hr job (the amount of time that the TSB says it will take to replace). The dealership in question was also going to charge over $300 for the TB. I have a source that can get the part from a local Ford dealership for $220 and I can change it myself for nothing. The only thing that may need to be done is a recalibration, but the TSB doesn't say anything about that. I am going to buy the part next week and install it and write a few letters about the ordeal to Ford (not that I really think they'll pay for the part out of the goodness of their heart, but just because it'll make me feel better). I'm glad I didn't tell my buddy at work because I didn't really want to hear an "I told you so."
Old 05-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #28
xy0s08
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65298
What I Drive: 00 ZX3 Kona, 00 ZX3, 04 SVTF

FF Reputation: 7 xy0s08 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
we got pretty much the sam result from ford also. (I dont know why they have to be such ass hole about there problems you would think that they could do the lest to take care of there customers for buying there products) but i told them to F off.. and i cleaned the throttle body with some throttle body cleaner, i opened it up and wiped it out and since i have done that we have not had any issuse with it. (knock on wood)!!! you should give this a try before you spend the $200 on a new one.
MARCH ROTM 2010 Midwest crew #58
9/11 was an inside job! fluoride is poisoning all of you! The Federal Reserve is a private bank that is making fake money and bankrupting America! Open your eyes to what is going on in the US! Infowars.com
Old 05-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #29
grntrdbx
Focus Rookie

Throttle body problems

I'll give it a try this weekend. Thanks for the tip.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #30
patatoe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102891
What I Drive: 2008 Grey SE

FF Reputation: 1 patatoe Good Standing Member
As I was driving on the highway last week, my rpms stalled at 3500 and I couldn't gain speed. Pulled over, turned off engine for a few minutes, started back up. This time the rpms went all the way to 7000 without gaining speed.

Does this sound like a throttle body problem?

Bookmarks & Social Networks