unalignalble lowered focus? my arse.... - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-09-2004, 01:32 PM   #11
miggitymike
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 7991
What I Drive: '04 Orange SVTF/5

FF Reputation: 1 miggitymike Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by slammedfoci
Damn, Thats mest up. Ford puts a car on the road that can not even get a real alignment with out haveing to buy all of this exter crap. What the hell.........
The way it comes from the factory there is no problem getting it aligned....but when you take the ride height 2" below the factory setting you're no longer within the adjustment range of the original alignment hardware. It's not Ford's fault, and it's not all uncommon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2004, 08:13 PM   #12
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
ok, i'm going straight to the point of what you need to get.

focuc central adjustable rear toe links and camber bolts for the rear. there is some adjustability with the toe but not enough when dropped (will adjust to the point of barely being in spec) the adjustable links will let it be anywhere its needed. the camber bolts will put you well within specs(bolts maxed).
have my rear setup with about half a degree of toe and about a degree of camber this way.
bought front camber plates and never used them since it could be put well within specs.
you'll also find that the adjustable toe links will take the wander out of the rear since it uses heim joints and no bushings(ie, no flexing rubber).

there is also a tsb i believe on a new upper control arm thats made with an extra degree of camber. these and the camber bolts should allow you too put your camber almost anywhere.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:44 PM   #13
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I don't know if it's because of the different drops you people have had, but my Prokit springs and dampers were yanked right back into alignment by good ole Sears. They drove it onto this platform thing, raised it and shot lasers at the car at different angles and brought me a specs sheet.

Toe was the biggest issue in the red, but something else was slightly. 10 minutes later they brought a new sheet with all specs in the Green, drove the car off the platform and I was out the door $60 lighter. Try Sears?
Old 10-10-2004, 12:02 AM   #14
sexy2002svt
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 3468
What I Drive: JDM Mugen Turtle

FF Reputation: 4 sexy2002svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by Lil PZEV
I don't know if it's because of the different drops you people have had, but my Prokit springs and dampers were yanked right back into alignment by good ole Sears. They drove it onto this platform thing, raised it and shot lasers at the car at different angles and brought me a specs sheet.

Toe was the biggest issue in the red, but something else was slightly. 10 minutes later they brought a new sheet with all specs in the Green, drove the car off the platform and I was out the door $60 lighter. Try Sears?
i don't think it matters on "what drop" you have, but how much of a drop you have, like miggitymike said
Old 10-10-2004, 03:33 AM   #15
mofocus
mefocuslongtime

Fan#: 5
What I Drive: Beltfed,extra pullified,weeemachine

FF Reputation: 6 mofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
thanks Amanda, and the others, im gonna call a SEARS and a few local places see what they say, it was GOODYEAR that told me they could not align it w/o the specs sheet, i think part of the reason was the spare tranny i was carrying around back there, but still this is an issue that needs tobe resolved, the toe adjusters are a bit much than what i was planning on buying, im thinking of getting the rear camber bolts and installing them and seeing about getting it aligned like Amanda said, thing is though, she has prokit, and i have sprotlines, i might need alittle more or less one way or another....
Old 10-11-2004, 04:23 AM   #16
Foci_Fosho
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 5736
What I Drive: 2003 White zx3 2.3L

FF Reputation: 16 Foci_Fosho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
How long would it take for tires to wear excessively? I lowered my car about 2,000 miles ago. Never had an alignment. I haven't noticed any wear in the rear of my focus. I know the front have about 25% of tread left. I'm awaiting on the arrival of new shocks and struts.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:16 AM   #17
Ford Freak 9603
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 8593
What I Drive: 2003 Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Ford Freak 9603 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I have the Cup kit(2.5"-2.75" Drop) on my car right now and my car is within the factory specs. All I have is the rear camber bolts. The front plates are not needed (And crappy quality) And before I put the Cup kit on my car, I had the 1.5" Eibach's. After going from the eibach's to the Cup kit, my alignment didn't change much at all.

So don't let people fool you into thinking that to lower your car you will need to buy all those extra parts. Just get the rear camber bolts and you will be just fine.

-J
Old 10-11-2004, 08:35 AM   #18
Templar
Focus Addict

Fan#: 795
What I Drive: Pitch black '03 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 Templar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I have an '03 zx3. i just put the sportlines on last week and had the garage align it. They said they didn't need the bolts and hooked it up to the machine and brought it into spec...
Did they just bullshit me and not want to put in the bolts. if so what do I do? Am I going to "eat off" my new perrellis? I put 30000miles a year on this car and i am worried that my rear camber is way off.

"The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"
- Boondock Saints
Old 10-11-2004, 09:30 AM   #19
Ford Freak 9603
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 8593
What I Drive: 2003 Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Ford Freak 9603 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Your rear camber will be right at the bottom end of the spec. or right out of spec. Get the camber bolts and turn them to get the full 1 degree. Then you should have about a -1.3 or so for the rear camber. this might also change your toe so you might still need to get it checked afterwards.

-J
Old 10-12-2004, 02:42 AM   #20
mofocus
mefocuslongtime

Fan#: 5
What I Drive: Beltfed,extra pullified,weeemachine

FF Reputation: 6 mofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
im thinking more and more it just needs to be aligned, w/o the bolts

Bookmarks & Social Networks