unalignalble lowered focus? my arse.... - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-09-2004, 03:44 AM   #1
mofocus
mefocuslongtime

Fan#: 5
What I Drive: Beltfed,extra pullified,weeemachine

FF Reputation: 6 mofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
unlignalble lowered focus? my arse....

ppfftt, was what i was told today when i asked for a rear end alignment,

the setup is eibach sportlines and eibach pro dampers, im guessing the camber is off and needs camber bolts seeing as how the rear end (of my FWD car) eats tires up in no time, but still they would need to be aligned, now obviously, all these lowered foci out there are not driving around w/o aligned cars, what did you do to align them? who did you go to? cus apparently my town is full of ambociles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2004, 04:01 AM   #2
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 180
What I Drive: 04 Pontiac GTO - Yellow M6

FF Reputation: 2 whiteboyslo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
when Ford was doing some collision work on my car from the first accident, they installed new alignment hardware and aligned it no problem. the tech even said he was able to run it under some TSB ford has out.

only thing that you wouldn't be able to pull in with stock hardware is camber. do you have an express tire (goodyear tire) near you? i get all my alignment stuff done there now with no problems.

Mike
Old 10-09-2004, 05:52 AM   #3
03Z_ex_Three
Focus Addict

Fan#: 45
What I Drive: Liquid Grey 03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 03Z_ex_Three Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yea mofo your camber is definetly off. The only way to fix it is to get a camber kit for the front and rear wheels. They are fairly cheap to buy I think like 75 bucks per side. The best thing to do is to buy them and put them on then go get the local shop to set the camber for you. It happened with the last car I had but it didn't go through tires that quick so I didnt mess with it. If your rear tires are eaten up bad then I would definetly go for it. All it does is pull your bottom camber back in.
Peace.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:15 AM   #4
djphobic
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 10589
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 djphobic Good Standing Member
you can't adjust toe from the factory either....you'll need to get toe adjusters for the rear end
Old 10-09-2004, 08:58 AM   #5
slammedfoci
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2137
What I Drive: 2000 Bright Amber Metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 slammedfoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Damn, Thats mest up. Ford puts a car on the road that can not even get a real alignment with out haveing to buy all of this exter crap. What the hell.........
PERFORMANCE:Aem cai, Aem air bypass valve, Autolite double platinum plugs,Ford Racing 9mm plug wires, Full magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fc race header, Focus Central Flex Pipe, Fc 65mm throttel body ,Fc strut brace, Prothane lower mount inserts, Prothane front and rear swaybar bushings and rear endlink kit, Fc spark plug cover
EXTERIOR: Aerospeed lowering springs, Sidemarkers, Svt upper grill, 03 Grey Headlights, Flat Black Stock 15s, APC Gen. 2 Mirrors, Euroglow Xenon Headlights
INTERIOR: Fc short shifter, Auto meter duel a-piller guage pod, Auto meter phantom oil pressure and Volt gauges, Ford racing tach w/shift light, SVT alum. pedals, Rear seat removed
Old 10-09-2004, 10:14 AM   #6
scironzts
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 893
What I Drive: '04 ZTW

FF Reputation: 1 scironzts Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Yup. I got an alignment, and they told me that there was nothing they could do about the rear. ha ha. So I had to get the camber bolts, and I'm going to be purchasing the adjusable toe rods soon so I can save from going through so many rear tires. Ha ha.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:30 AM   #7
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 180
What I Drive: 04 Pontiac GTO - Yellow M6

FF Reputation: 2 whiteboyslo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally posted by djphobic
you can't adjust toe from the factory either....you'll need to get toe adjusters for the rear end

????? yeah, i'm pretty sure there is. my rear toe has been off almost every time i've gone to be aligned. they always pull it back in.

Mike
Old 10-09-2004, 12:33 PM   #8
Noodles84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4610
What I Drive: 2003 Silver Focus ZX3 5-speed

FF Reputation: 1 Noodles84 Good Standing Member
My buddy put goldline springs on his zx3 the same ones that i put on. i got my car aligned and when he went to get his car aligned they said that he couldnt get the camber right and that he needed a rear camber kit. thats wierd i thought
i got the sheet from the people who did my camber and it was in spec.
i got an 03 and he's got an 02 maybe that has something to do with it??? dont know just speculating

billy
Old 10-09-2004, 12:33 PM   #9
sexy2002svt
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 3468
What I Drive: JDM Mugen Turtle

FF Reputation: 4 sexy2002svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by slammedfoci
Damn, Thats mest up. Ford puts a car on the road that can not even get a real alignment with out haveing to buy all of this exter crap. What the hell.........
they didn't have any problems aligning my car without the chamber kit..............don't know if i got lucky, or what..........but Ford definatley isn't the only car company out there that you need to get chamber kits for, to get it alligned...........
Old 10-09-2004, 01:07 PM   #10
greystealth
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1416
What I Drive: Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 greystealth Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by djphobic
The toe can be adjusted on the rears of a focus. Thats what the bolts with the shims are that attach the control arms to the frame of the car. I've seen it done in person, and when they turn the bolts you can see the numbers on the screen change for the toe. That is the only adjustment for alignment on the rear of the vehicle. The fronts, you can only adjust toe as well.

Bookmarks & Social Networks