Ford Blew up my car - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
j4pro2001
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89942
What I Drive: 03 Screamin Yellow SVT

FF Reputation: 1 j4pro2001 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford Blew up my car

I took my car to ford on the 13th. I went in there and told them everything about the motor. When its cold the car would run fine. Then when the car would get warm it would bog down. I was getting a cam retard timing so put two and two together it was off timing. He called me and was like yep its just off timing 380 to reset it with a new belt and tensioner and idler SWEET DOOOO IT! well they told me it would be a day it took till Monday i was like ok thatís fine i waited. Then today the service writer called and said i had bent valves! I said hold on i drove it here the effing thing didnít misfire one bit. He said that it sounded like a bucket of bolts! So i ran over to the shop ran past the desk and stuck my melon in the car the valve cover was taken off the car was jacked up tire was off and the timing belt was exposed. I said you mean to tell me that from the time i got off the phone with you took the whole thing back apart? i left he said he would recheck it i came back and the thing did not start at all it was locked up bad! I could tell it was locked. What should i do i was fighting with the guy for a hour with no luck he said now that the car is on time it made it not run right. The car being "off timing" Made it run right and i was looking for him as a scape goat to mess my car up. I told him repeatedly that if the car had bent valves there is no way the car would drive here. I asked him if the valves were bent would the car misfire he said I donít know im lost. What do I do bring my 6-2 350 juice head friend in there and flip the desk over or call corporate?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
Randori
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56453
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 3 Randori Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sorry man. Which dealership did this happen at?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
j4pro2001
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randori View Post
Sorry man. Which dealership did this happen at?
valpo
Old 10-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
blackonblacksvt03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80038
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black SVT 3D

FF Reputation: 2 blackonblacksvt03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
i work at a dealer going in there yelling and screaming is not going to get you anywhere just go in ask for the field service enginers phone number call him explain the situation and more than likely he will get it worked out because to me it sounds like someone cranked it over or maybe started it with the timing way off
Old 10-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
j4pro2001
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblacksvt03 View Post
i work at a dealer going in there yelling and screaming is not going to get you anywhere just go in ask for the field service enginers phone number call him explain the situation and more than likely he will get it worked out because to me it sounds like someone cranked it over or maybe started it with the timing way off
what is a field service enginer?
Old 10-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
blackonblacksvt03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80038
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black SVT 3D

FF Reputation: 2 blackonblacksvt03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
bad spelling sorry a fse is who comes in with problem cars or people to resolve the problems without anyone getting upset and normally ford pays once they get involved
Old 10-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
djohn
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83702
What I Drive: 03 pitch black svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 djohn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
sorry to hear

I agree with above about it being cranked out of time. You had nothing to do with it. remember that. I would find the national ford number, call them and explain the situation. I used to be a volkswagen tech at a local dealer. Customers would call them (national number to VW) and vw would help them out if thats what it took to make the customer happy. If that doesnt work, can you say lawyer? good luck. keep us posted. later.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #8
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
1st there is NO WAY you drove it in there 380 out , what the issues was and you didnt state this but you had an over advanced or under advanced code for the timing P1381/P1383

More then likely your only issue was a bad VCT solenoid , bad VCT gear or a long shot a old stretched timing belt any of the above and it would still run as you drove it in there

The SVT doesnt bend just one valve the least I have ever seen on a SVT is 5 and with only valves bent only in one cyl thats a 25% loss and you would know it hugh and the first thing with that kind of loss of power a shop (any good shop) would of done a compression test

My guess is like most Ford mechanics they dont understand the VCT and set the timing belt /VCT wrong and bent your valves and its easier then you think to do

Go and talk with the service manager and if that doesnt help ask for his boss if that doesnt help contact an Att and let me know and I will help , I have built more of these SVT engines then anyone in the country as far as I know

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 10-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
j4pro2001
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

WOW thanks for all the support guys!

The messed up thing is that I'm a small business owner from the same town and buy a lot of parts with them they were very rude and contradicted them selfs numerous times

1. He called on thursday after i dropped off the car and said whelp its just the timing and said the car ran good into the shop so he was suprised

Then when he called today he said that it sounded like crap before he pulled it in

2. He said the tech Just started the car when he was on the phone with me and it sounded like a bucket of bolts

I work 10 min away drove over there and the car was tore apart

3. The tech said i must have dinged the valve it sound like that when he stared it it sounded bad

go to the shop after he put it back to get her the motor was toast wouldn't even turn. So he knew he blew it up thats why he pushed it out
Old 10-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #10
Kickerbeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87814
What I Drive: FrankenFocus AWD In Progress

FF Reputation: 1 Kickerbeast Good Standing Member
Unfortunately the Ford hotline probably won't do much if it's an older one. Might do something if you bought the car brand new. GM did that to me about some pealing rims because I wasn't the first owner, even though the car only had 38k on it. I would suggest talking with the service manager and explaining that you drove the car in, and how you came in that quickly only to find your car torn apart. If he won't budge on it, then you can try Ford Customer Service, but they likely aren't going to be much help. You will probably have to end up getting a laywer, unfortunatly. This really sucks man, sorry about your luck.

Bookmarks & Social Networks