guess what... SpeedandStyle / Arospeed still sucks!!!! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-08-2004, 11:24 AM   #1
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 180
What I Drive: 04 Pontiac GTO - Yellow M6

FF Reputation: 2 whiteboyslo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Thumbs down guess what... SpeedandStyle / Arospeed still sucks!!!!

This should come as no surprise to any of you who have had the "pleasure" of dealing with this company before (or have heard from the rest of us who have), but.....

THESE GUYS SUCK!!!!!!!

i need a new wheel bc one of mine is bent from my recent accident. it's still driveable, but the tire place says it's more oval than round and the finish looks like crap now. so, gritting my teeth the entire time bc i KNEW these guys suck, I called speedandstyle to order another individual wheel. let me just say real quick that i tried to buy this wheel from every other place i could find that sells REV, but none would sell it indiviually. so let's run down how many ways these guys are screwing up just on this order:

1) they're charging me $189 shipped for 1 wheel! come on! these wheels are NOT worth that much. when i bought them in a wheel / tire combo, the invoice put the cost of the wheel at $95 per wheel (of course, it was off that invoice that the insurance company paid me, so now i'm out almost another $100). talk about rip-off!

2) the guy who took my order was surprisingly pleasant, making small talk while he was placing the order, BUT he didn't give me any sort of Order or Tracking Number! I asked for it, but he said he would call me the next day when the wheel shipped out. waited 2 days, nothing. so i called them up to try and find a tracking number. of course, no one remembers me, i don't remember the name of the guy who took the order, so i have to play "pass the buck" as they transfer me from person to person until i get someone who has to manually go through all their recent orders to find me. once that happens, i FINALLY get a UPS tracking number. took about 20 minutes. no joke.

3) they sent it signature-confirmed! now, i understand this is a liability thing, but no one in my house is home at that time. so i had to go down to the local UPS depot after work, which added another hour or two becuae it's 20 miles away and is only open from 8-8:30 PM for people like me who can't make it during regular hours. only problem? IT'S THE ONLY DEPOT FOR ALL OF SD NORTH COUNTY!!! do you know how many people need to come and pick up their package bc UPS wouldn't leave it during the day? well, now i do!

4) they sent the WRONG wheel! they got the size, the finish, and the model wheel correct, but they sent me the WRONG bolt pattern! i told the guy which bolt pattern i needed and i even told him the kind of car it's going on so he could verify that i was correct. they even invoiced it correctly, but they sent the WRONG wheel! so i call them up, and they get all defensive about it. they claim that it HAS to be the right wheel since it's invoiced correctly, but the box clearly says that the bolt patterns on the wheel are 4x100 and 4x114.3, NOT 4x108! so they finally come to the compromise that i can send the wheel back and IF it's the wrong wheel (which we all know it is), they'll send out a new one.

5) they put me on hold and then went home! the wheel arrived yesterday (UPS gave me a tracking number when they came and picked up the wheel from my house. UPS rocks!), so I called them to see what the situation was. now, admittedly, i knew that they closed at 7PM ET and that calling 5 minutes beforehand was a bad idea, but someone DID answer the phone. I told her what i was trying to do, she took my info., and then put me on hold. i was just starting to think that i had been on hold for a good while when the line went to a dial tone! at this point it's 7:05 ET (that's 10 minutes of holding people!!), so i call back figuring the lady would still be there. wrong! no one would answer! i called 3 times..... nothing.

6) no one will pick up the phone today! i'm trying to get a hold of them again by calling the customer service number listed on the invoice, and no one will answer. eventually, the system kicks me over to the sales people who just try to transfer me back to the same line that no one is answering. i went around that cycle 3 times and gave up. i guess i'll try again later.

these guys suck! i have never heard of anyone having a positive experience with them, but i definetely have heard my fair share of bad stories. these guys took about a month and a half to get me my first set of wheels! same story. no one knew me everytime i called, no one could give me a tracking number. THEN they held up the order for weeks bc they didn't have the free lugnuts, WHICH THEY THEN SENT WITHOUT THE DAMN TOOL!!!! they were the crappy open-end ones that rust and split anyway, so i just promptly replaced them anyway. they also put on the wrong tires!!! i specifically asked for Visas (lower-end falken brand), but they put on Wanlis! i called up demanding some sort of refund. the best they would do is re-mount the Visas if i were to send the wheels bac. only problem with that is that bc they took so long to get my wheels and tires out, my old tires were too bald to run around on!

these guys suck!!! do not deal with them ever!!!

REV wheels are OK, but buy them from someone other than speedandstyle / arospeed!

Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2004, 01:17 PM   #2
Sublime

Fan#: 192
What I Drive: 02 Focus ZTS, 02 Escape V6, 80 Turbo T/A

FF Reputation: 1 Sublime Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Sorry to hear all the BS. I have heard nothing but bad things about them. Let us know how it all works out.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:12 PM   #3
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

yeah, just spent the better portion of today trying to get on the phone with someone. only person i ever got was someone in sales, who just keeps transferring me to "the person i need to talk to." i've literally called 10 or more times today, waited on hold for 10 minutes at a time hoping SOMEONE would pick up. no luck. at this point, i'm almost ready to suck it up and buy a whole new set of wheels from someone else. screw these guys!

Mike
Old 10-08-2004, 04:22 PM   #4
EuroZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39
What I Drive: 05 Black Scion TC

FF Reputation: 1 EuroZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
that sucks man im sorry. i like wheelmax.com good cs there.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:28 AM   #5
tunedfocuzx3
That Iowa Guy

Fan#: 11992
What I Drive: 02 Sonic Blue Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 13 tunedfocuzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
that sucks!! you should drive out there and whoop some arse
2002 Focus SVT #3533 - JRSC w/BBK

"Zombie kill of the week?"
Old 10-12-2004, 03:13 PM   #6
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

called Monday. same BS as last friday except that someone transferred me to someone with voicemail and i left a message with them. still haven't heard back, though.

so at this point i think i'm gonna sell these wheels and buy something from somewhere else. i just can't keep dealing with these guys. i mean, what happens if i bend ANOTHER wheel? ugh. i don't even wanna think about it. some of the wheelmax.com wheels are looking good, and you can't beat the prices!

Mike
Old 10-13-2004, 01:10 AM   #7
KoRnGtL15
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4258
What I Drive: 05 Mazda 3i

FF Reputation: 1 KoRnGtL15 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Holly poo! That sucks dude. Sounds like, they shouldnt be in business at all. Ive heard good things about wheelmax. Go for it They dont seem to jack ya like other places. You can buy wheels by the single and not get raped in price.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:22 AM   #8
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

i think i've settled on the konig holes in graphite. good weight (18 lbs), 45mm offset, excellent quality, and can be found ANYWHERE.

REV, you've officially lost a customer!

Mike
Old 10-20-2004, 11:12 AM   #9
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

....and they still SUCK. as of tomorrow (10/21), the wheel will have been back in their possession for 2 weeks! as of Friday (10/22), this order will officially be a month old. i've called at least once a day for the last 2 weeks (sometimes more depending on how long it takes to get a hold of someone). they keep saying that they're "checking with their warehouse" and that they'll "get a hold of me same day." well, i have yet to have anyone from there call me (ever, not even for the tracking number when i first placed the order). i've asked to speak to the higher-up authorities, but apparently they're too busy.

at this point i have a new set of wheels on my ride. Konig and Discount Tire now get my business. screw REV and www.speedandstyle.com.

i just need the wheel at this point so i can sell the damn things!

Mike
Old 10-22-2004, 11:59 AM   #10
scott77

Fan#:
dude that sucks, glad to hear you went to discount tire.

call the bbb and complain, call your credit card co, etc

Bookmarks & Social Networks