Few tips to drop weight - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Fitness Fanatics

Fitness Fanatics The place to discuss information on the latest workout programs, diets, nutrition and weight lifting.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
talamant3z
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87221
What I Drive: pitch black volvo

FF Reputation: 1 talamant3z Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Few tips to drop weight

okay since this forum doesnt have much of anything i share some tips and tricks i have learned in the past 3 years.

1st- The most important thing you can do to lose weight without exercise is watch carb intake. Our bodies can break down carbs fast and turn it into energy. Now lets say you eat chips and drink soda while watching tv or on your computer you wont burn much of anything so in return your body will store it as fat. The human body cant digest fat too well which is why you stay fuller from meat than corn.

2nd- Read nutrition labels ingredients. if corn is listed as the first ingredient stay away. ALSO this is a big one if it says Partially hydrogenated oils throw that crap on the floor. its loaded with Trans Fat which is not only linked to obesity but also health related problems. You want to eat foods with the least ammount of ingredients as possible.

3rd- Quality not quantity. i refer to that in exercise. you dont have to get on a treadmill and run to loose weight. i see people who will run for like 5 mins then walk for 5 mins. if you set the treadmill at an incline and keep the speed consistent for 30mins to an hour you will burn more fat then someone who runs for 15mins. also young folks please dont get on the damn bikes or elliptical. leave those for the mature crowd.

4th- Diets pills- Please dont fall for that crap they put in magazines or tv. loose 20 pounds in 1 week. most diet pills are a gimmick. sure people will loose weight on them but chances are they changed their diet and added exercise. very few work i can say i have seen good results and these are the only i would recommend
-oxyelite pro
-roxylean
-lipo6 black (this one is a 50/50 but i added it anyways)

there are diet aids that will eat fat but you cant find those at any store

ill add more tips as i get time

and my credentials are
NASM Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) Certification
working on my degree with a minor in kinesiology
Placed 4th in first Bodybuilding competition out of 30

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
KyleQ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84296
What I Drive: 2008 Focus Coupe 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 3 KyleQ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I thought this was to be about how to ditch weight from your Focus to get more MPG's - lol.
Torsen T-2/Clutchnet Stage 3
Fidanza 8lb 131 of 2150
Old 10-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
talamant3z
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Depending on your weight it can be an easy way to get more mpgs haha
Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
Ehbnerohraa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78342
What I Drive: 2003 Twlight Sedan SPI

FF Reputation: 1 Ehbnerohraa Good Standing Member
why should the young crowd stay away with the elliptical i use that almost everyday at the gym , it makes me sweat like crazy i find it to be a great workout
Old 10-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #5
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
good advice. Jogging destroys the human body. Humans evolved to walk or sprint. none of this distance bullshit. Also jogging eats muscle mass. See below

Lift weights. Deadlift (and squat)!
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 10-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
talamant3z
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehbnerohraa View Post
why should the young crowd stay away with the elliptical i use that almost everyday at the gym , it makes me sweat like crazy i find it to be a great workout
They take very little effort to get moving. Now if you set the resistance on real high that will take more effort and burn more calories

Here is a site with a few more reasons
http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/05/04/f...od-fat-burner/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman355 View Post
good advice. Jogging destroys the human body. Humans evolved to walk or sprint. none of this distance bullshit. Also jogging eats muscle mass. See below

Yep I never run. The human body tends to Burn more muscle then fat on long endurance runs.

Lift weights. Deadlift (and squat)!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Fan#: 70225
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 32 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
I guess I never knew distance running was bad for your body.. lol.

Someone should tell the Army that. These 2 miles runs are BS.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
Ehbnerohraa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78342
What I Drive: 2003 Twlight Sedan SPI

FF Reputation: 1 Ehbnerohraa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by talamant3z View Post
They take very little effort to get moving. Now if you set the resistance on real high that will take more effort and burn more calories

Here is a site with a few more reasons
http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/05/04/f...od-fat-burner/
Yeah, usually when i workout on that particular machine i start out at Level 5 and every minute move on to the next level, its challenging

Edit Have some questions,

What workouts do you suggest to burn fat? i go to the gym almost everyday if not every other day
Are protein shakes good? i started lifting weights, how long does my workouts have to be?
and the protein shake i been taking some stuff called Pro Complex by Optimum will i see results with this product?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Being more of the nutritionist than the workout guy, I'd suggest eating higher protein foods rather than processed protein shakes. Search for high protein super foods like Quinoa to substitute for rice. It's much more expensive than rice, but that's one way to get more protein through your diet.

I'd like to add that high fructose corn syrup is in most processed foods instead of sugar. I work in industrial sites, and I've worked at Cargill where HFCS is made. I can tell you that I have watched pigeons fly into some of the open stirring drums. I'm sure there's a percentage of foreign material that's allowed by the FDA. Think about that when you reach for a soda or some ice cream containing HFCS.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #10
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehbnerohraa View Post
Yeah, usually when i workout on that particular machine i start out at Level 5 and every minute move on to the next level, its challenging

Edit Have some questions,

What workouts do you suggest to burn fat? i go to the gym almost everyday if not every other day
Are protein shakes good? i started lifting weights, how long does my workouts have to be?
and the protein shake i been taking some stuff called Pro Complex by Optimum will i see results with this product?
Heavy weight lifting, low reps high sets (5 x 5). Take whey immediately after you finish (milk protein is good too) and mix it with whole milk. Protein without fat is worthless. focus on compound free weight exercises like squat, deadlift, overhead press and bench press. 4 days a week a 45 - an hour a day should be sufficient. Focus on one of the aforementioned exercises and add supplemental exercises to it for a daily routine. That's the simple way to do it especially if you are a rookie lifter.

Agreed that HFCS is evil. European soda tastes so much better than ours. Granted we now have Mexican COke and Pepsi throwback here now.
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8

Bookmarks & Social Networks