Absurdly loud shaking upon unlocking the car? - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #71
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 116356
What I Drive: 1908, Black, Model T

FF Reputation: 1 FordServiceCA Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOIME View Post
Well it is a big deal having these types of problems when you go to the dealership and they don't offer solutions or don't fix it because granted they may not be able to pinpoint the source! These things should not be happening! So I am not keeping a car that could at any point malfunction and nobody can tell me when if or how! No other car I've owned has done anything like this. I told people when they'd tease me about buying a Ford by saying things have changed compared to years ago, but they woukd say...Fix Or Repair Daily. ...now I have no response to them. These "problems" whether computer related or mechanical should have been worked out before selling the model to the public. It's really too bad.
Hi MOIME,

How many kilometres does your vehicle possess? I would like to help.

Saskia

p: 800.565.FORD
t: @FordServiceCA @FordFocus @FordCanada
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/FordCanada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #72
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
You sound like you work for Ford as you defend them a lot! :-)
I don't work for Ford but I am a defender of common sense.
I am also an engineer so I can appreciate the complexity of hardware and (especially) firmware.

Quote:
the Focus at least. ..not Ford in general. ....has a few too many problems ...for a brand new car out just recently. .compared to other lower-ens or higher-end cars. It's not normal. You must admit! ....set your affection to the car aside... :-)
I bought an early production car and it's been to the dealer service department once (for a powertrain firmware update).

I've never experienced that particular problem with the MFT system although I could because I don't have the firmware update that addresses that problem. How it supposed to work is this: You go to your dealer, he fixes the problem (it only takes about 15 minutes), washes your car, and gives it back to you and you drive away a satisfied customer.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #73
MOIME
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119591
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus 5 speed manual

FF Reputation: 1 MOIME Good Standing Member
I thank you for offering to help but I just sold my Ford Focus officially yesterday. I did bring it in to the Ford dealership and they offered no fix..but they did wash the car though! :-) It's unfortunate it had to come to this! :-(

Bookmarks & Social Networks