Absurdly loud shaking upon unlocking the car? - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #61
giggles58
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107172
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 giggles58 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
THe exact same thing happened to me today. It is the 2nd time this happened since I bought the car in April 2012. Don't know what to do about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #62
LegalFam55
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107002
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 LegalFam55 Good Standing Member
Update: I forced them (meaning they did not want to) to update my firmware to version 3.51. That was all they did and said bring it back if it does it again (which won't help because I brought it in within 45 minutes of it happening and they couldn't find a thing). But it hasn't happened again - which doesn't neccessarily mean much since it's sporadic, but so far so good.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #63
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Has happened twice here with older MFT software and latest. I have a video of it happening and there is a youtube video as well. Just another problem to use in my case to haveFord buy my car back.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #64
Superd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87917
What I Drive: '12 candy red titanium hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Superd Good Standing Member
I have had this randomly happen 4 times now and i swear my speaker rattles have gotten worse. Anybody else suspect this has damaged your speakers?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #65
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
This has only happened to me once, and thankfully, I didn't bring it to the dealership's attention. I cringe to think of the problems I'd have if I let them try to fix it.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #66
MOIME
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119591
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus 5 speed manual

FF Reputation: 1 MOIME Good Standing Member
I had this EXACT problem occur twice in a span of a year!!!!! I was so scared when it happened the first time. I called the dealership and they just made it a joke .. maybe a haunting etc .. (I'm sure they were aware) and then I posted it on a blog and nobody had an answer. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one .. but perhaps one of only two in the minority!! I've also had my steering wheel assist quit on me about a week ago .. not sure if this is linked to the same electrical system!! I couldn't turn the car left or right..and was stuck in traffic and had to eventually merge .. with MUCH effort I was able to move the steering wheel but it felt like it was stuck in mud. CRAZY. I'm so disappointed in this car. I never thought there would be major problems like this. I'm selling it unfortunately at a loss because I can't risk driving it and having passengers in such an unsafe car. Luckily when these problems occur I'm not on the highway or something of the sort. Anyone out there with the steering problem too??? I seem to have gotten a double wammy with the unlocking shaking AND the steering problem ontop of it!! Thanks for reading.. :-(
Old 10-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #67
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOIME View Post
I had this EXACT problem occur twice in a span of a year!!!!! I was so scared when it happened the first time. I called the dealership and they just made it a joke .. maybe a haunting etc .. (I'm sure they were aware) and then I posted it on a blog and nobody had an answer. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one .. but perhaps one of only two in the minority!! I've also had my steering wheel assist quit on me about a week ago .. not sure if this is linked to the same electrical system!! I couldn't turn the car left or right..and was stuck in traffic and had to eventually merge .. with MUCH effort I was able to move the steering wheel but it felt like it was stuck in mud. CRAZY. I'm so disappointed in this car. I never thought there would be major problems like this. I'm selling it unfortunately at a loss because I can't risk driving it and having passengers in such an unsafe car. Luckily when these problems occur I'm not on the highway or something of the sort. Anyone out there with the steering problem too??? I seem to have gotten a double wammy with the unlocking shaking AND the steering problem ontop of it!! Thanks for reading.. :-(
There is a TSB for the problem with the audio system.
It is fixed by a simple firmware update (i.e. it is not a major problem).
There is absolutely no need to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Regarding the steering: Have it checked by a dealer.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #68
MOIME
Focus Rookie

Well it is a big deal having these types of problems when you go to the dealership and they don't offer solutions or don't fix it because granted they may not be able to pinpoint the source! These things should not be happening! So I am not keeping a car that could at any point malfunction and nobody can tell me when if or how! No other car I've owned has done anything like this. I told people when they'd tease me about buying a Ford by saying things have changed compared to years ago, but they woukd say...Fix Or Repair Daily. ...now I have no response to them. These "problems" whether computer related or mechanical should have been worked out before selling the model to the public. It's really too bad.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #69
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
No other car I've owned has done anything like this.
Have you owned many cars that have a subwoofer?

Quote:
I told people when they'd tease me about buying a Ford by saying things have changed compared to years ago, but they woukd say...Fix Or Repair Daily. ...now I have no response to them.
You should learn to ignore such a childish taunt.

Quote:
Well it is a big deal having these types of problems when you go to the dealership and they don't offer solutions or don't fix it...
On this we can agree. Good service is important.

Quote:
These "problems" whether computer related or mechanical should have been worked out before selling the model to the public. It's really too bad.
You must hate Microsoft, Apple, and any other company that issues any kind of update and/or bug fix.

Anyway, good luck in your quest to find the perfect car.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #70
MOIME
Focus Rookie

Well anything run by Apple usually doesn't need as many updates as something run by Windows. ..but we're not talking something run by these OSs .. a bit different. You sound like you work for Ford as you defend them a lot! :-) Actually I have owned a few cars with subwoofers....never a problem like this one....cheaper cars and luxury! I thank you for your responses but we must be realistic here...the Focus at least. ..not Ford in general. ....has a few too many problems ...for a brsnd new car out just recently. .compared to other lower-ens or higher-end cars. It's not normal. You must admit! ....set your affection to the car aside... :-)

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->