New Canadian member with a '12 Focus - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #41
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfoundfocus View Post
hey, just wondering if the headlights u have are HID. I have een trying to figure out a way to install them but cant get around the dipped beam fault and daytime running lights any suggestions?
My headlights aren't, actually, so unfortunately I can't offer any assistance. Perhaps someone here has HIDs and can offer some tips.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #42
20TWELVE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100090
What I Drive: 2012 CHARCOAL GREY FOCUS S

FF Reputation: 1 20TWELVE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I am new to this so forgive me if this question is a repeated one.I have a new 2012 Focus S and was wondering how much of a task it would be to add cruise control, fog lamps, rear elec windows and the navi system. i have the part numbers for the fog lamps but cant seem to find the rest. hoping maybe someone else has an "S" and did similar work to thiers.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #43
newfoundfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98116
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white se sport

FF Reputation: 1 newfoundfocus Good Standing Member
I can't say for sure but it would probably have been cheaper to buy the sel with all that equipment standard.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #44
20TWELVE
Focus Rookie

thanks.

I got a great deal with the S and couldn't pass it up. 15,000 out the door with 5 miles on it. Thi would of had to wait approx a month for the sel and pay around 20k for it, so i was kind of in a little predicament, couldn't decide which way to fly so to speak.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #45
newfoundfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98116
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white se sport

FF Reputation: 1 newfoundfocus Good Standing Member
Yeah man I got ya....if u want the ford mytouch nav system it's gonna be expensive its fully touch screen and voice activated and I would definitely check with ur dealer to see the labor cost and if it can even be done the dealer I work at said it can't be done cuz of the modules and dash layout But the fog lamps and cruze shouldn't be a big deal I don't think.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #46
20TWELVE
Focus Rookie

Found an 8" one from somewhere lol on eBay for 600.00 have no idea how the installation is. Likd you said, talk to a dealer and see how much of a pian it is. I'm Perty good with electronics and have alot patients so I might tackle it if its a possible task. Thanks for your input and ill keep posting, this is a nice site for do it yourselfers.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #47
glocker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102954
What I Drive: '12 Sonic Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 glocker Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
Last night I went ahead and put in my Ti fog light bezels. I figured I'd take a few pictures and notes of the procedure as well, since it seems to be a common question. It's not a fool-proof step-by-step manual, but something to hopefully help.

All of this was done on my garage floor with the Focus' front wheels up on some trailer-leveling blocks. Entirely possible to do it this way, but at times it was a bit tight.

First up, the tray under the bumper has to come out. There are 6 clips and about 16 screws holding it in place.

With the underside exposed, each fog light is held in with two small screws. This is where it gets a bit tight. Unclip the harnesses, remove the screws, and pull out the fog lights.

This is where I took a slight detour-while they were out, I redid the tint on the fog lights since I had much better access now.

Now, on to the bezels:

Each is held in with four clips (Top/bottom/left/right). It's easier to release one of the side clips, and a good tug should see the bezel pop out. If not, release them one at a time until it's loose and comes out.

Putting the new ones in is just a matter of pressing them into place. I noticed that the tabs can be a little weak though, so make sure they're actually popping into place and not just twisting as you push.

The fog lights go back in, and are reattached with the two screws. You'll notice each fog light has four tabs for screws, the screws go into the lower inside and upper outside tabs. The other two fit onto little 'pins' which are a part of the bumper.

Put the lower shield back in place and place the clips and screws back into their respective places.

Most importantly, step back now and admire your Ti fog light bezels.

While the car was out today, I went ahead and used a bit more of my vinyl to lightly darken the rear bumper's reflectors. It's a very light tint, to keep them visible but tone down the bright red. I used the same tint last year on my Grand Prix's brake lights.

The mudflaps will be thrown on next, and after that there are a couple more OEM accessories I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.
Twenty, forgive me if this is a dumb question. What did you use to get the two fog light screws out? I can't seem to fit anything in the bay to get to the top screws. It's too tight in there. Help? Haha.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #48
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocker View Post
Twenty, forgive me if this is a dumb question. What did you use to get the two fog light screws out? I can't seem to fit anything in the bay to get to the top screws. It's too tight in there. Help? Haha.
If I remember correctly, it was just my small socket wrench.
Bill M.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #49
glocker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102954
What I Drive: '12 Sonic Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 glocker Good Standing Member
My small one won't even fit. Haha. Oh well, I finally got them off with only removing the bottom screws. Took forever! Thanks for the quick response though man.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #50
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocker View Post
My small one won't even fit. Haha. Oh well, I finally got them off with only removing the bottom screws. Took forever! Thanks for the quick response though man.
No problem.

I worked from the bottom though, and was able to fit sockets in.
Bill M.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->