2012 Focus Sedan dual exhaust - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #21
Neekit
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85377
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow blaze SE hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Neekit Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
WOW that looks very good i really want dual tip for the hatch....and please post a sound clip really need to hear it. Great job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #22
CalgaryDrummer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84317
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL Black

FF Reputation: 1 CalgaryDrummer Good Standing Member
wicked! I love this. Now to find $400 or so extra dollars..........
Old 09-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #23
sleighman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89507
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium sport

FF Reputation: 1 sleighman Good Standing Member
It was dark when I picked up the car yesterday and raining. The wife has the car at work today so when I get it later today I will wash it and take a photo. The total package is I must say very nice looking. It looks factory. Here is and 5 door european Focus ST. This is where I got the idea.

Compared to stock rear.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #24
sleighman
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Focus View Post
Looks much better! I did the same, not in a 2012 but in a 2001 with an evo bumper. I used a Magnaflow, same size as for Camaro's and Firebirds which have the same set up. It is 5x8x18 and run for $104.00.
Yep thats the muffler. I went with Borla so it would not be loud. I had the parts ordered before we even picked up the car.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #25
sleighman
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
That looks nice. A couple of questions, how does it affect / improve performance and what is that name plate above Titanium, it looks like it says Sport. Is that something you added on?
Yes I added the Sport emblem. Thats worth at least 5 hp right there.

The car is listed as having the sport package so I figured why not.

I am going on a road trip this weekend to Navarre Beach Florida about 4 hrs west of my home location. I will test it out. So far it feels like it pulls harder. Our cars are week upon 1st press of the gas but then it picks up the pace quickly. To me the car feels stronger. I also love the sound of it. I knew it would only pick up a few hp but I am happy with it.

I was going for a more agressive look from the rear and getting a little more performance was a plus. One can say its expensive but to each his own. I look at the back of the stock one and it looks like Ford ran out of budget. I have corrected that.

You could do it cheaper but it might sound like a 2 stroke chainsaw. The borla has a nice rumble.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #26
MGDeftones
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86854
What I Drive: 2012 TI

FF Reputation: 1 MGDeftones Good Standing Member
Looks really good. I was actually looking at my bumper the other day to see if this is something that could be done. Good to know it can be. Cars look so much better when the exhaust is incorporated in to the bumper IMO.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #27
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
hey sleigh, good job. Question, does this kind of work affect warranty or no?
Old 09-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #28
sleighman
Focus Enthusiast

Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
Does this kind of modification affect warranty?
I would say no. Only on the exhaust parts I took off. People change cat back exhaust all day long. Even Ford racing has one for the car.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12976

Its just single sided but it does eliminate the middle resonator muffler like I did.

If its any comfort cappa, I have modified the exhaust on every car I have owned. 1992 5.0 mustang, 2002 Subaru WRX, 2005 BMW Z-4, 2006 Infiniti G35, 2009 Toyota Tacoma. The Subaru was at the dealer, The Tacoma was at the dealer. I would not worry about the exhaust unless you mess with the cats.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #29
sleighman
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDeftones View Post
Looks really good. I was actually looking at my bumper the other day to see if this is something that could be done. Good to know it can be. Cars look so much better when the exhaust is incorporated in to the bumper IMO.
Yes I agree. Look at other cars like Audi A4, Volvo S40, Hyundais Genesis coupe ETC.. All of those cars have 4 cyclinder engines but they all also have dual rear outlet exhaust tips. I am pretty sure they also gain very little from having two tips as far as horse power gains go but they all look better from the rear.

For all those that think its too much $$ look at the money like this.
What do you want?

The car is new so now is the time to shine. Do the mod now and enjoy it for the rest of your ownership. Lets say you own it for 3 years. The actual mod cost $432.00 divided by 1095 days = .39 cents a day to have a car that really looks good. You can't get a coke for .39 cents a day.

We add rims -tires and body kits and all kind of other junk that usually does nothing for horse power usually, but we spend huge dollars anyways.

To me the new Focus over all was looking great except the rear. Now thats fixed

Old 09-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #30
MGDeftones
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86854
What I Drive: 2012 TI

FF Reputation: 1 MGDeftones Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleighman View Post
Yes I agree. Look at other cars like Audi A4, Volvo S40, Hyundais Genesis coupe ETC.. All of those cars have 4 cyclinder engines but they all also have dual rear outlet exhaust tips. I am pretty sure they also gain very little from having to tips as far as horse power gains go but they all look better from the rear.

For all those that think its too much $$ look at the money like this.
What do you want?

The car is new so now is the time to shine. Do the mod now and enjoy it for the rest of your ownership. Lest say you own it for 3 years. The actual mod cost $432.00 divided by 1095 days = .39 cents a day to have a car that really looks good. You can't get a coke for .39 cents a day.

We add rims -tires and body kits and all kind of other junk that usually does nothing for horse power usually but we spend huge dollars anyways.

To me the car over all was looking great except the rear. Now thats fixed

Agree 100%. I didn't wait to get the windows tinted or to order lowering springs right when they were available (installing those this weekend). I'll probably be getting rims after I do my taxes, then I should pretty much be done with the visuals on this car. I would rather do it all up front and enjoy it for a longer period of time.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->