2012 Focus Sedan dual exhaust - Page 24 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #231
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost71 View Post
Your just adding a clamp on dual tip? If so, get the staggered style tips. Also a muffler shop may have to bend/add to your existing pipe to fit properly. Making sure the tip clears that bracket you're talking about. Are you cutting out a section for the tip?
i'm using a 2 1/4 in and 3" out magna flow twin walled tip, slightly slash cut but not staggered. ...I think it'll fit but it'll be close.. when i bought the tip i never noticed nor thought of a bracket being there... suppose i should've looked first.
The guy doing if for me is gonna spot weld it onto the existing tailpipe after cutting off the curved down end of the tail pipe.. I do think there's a bit of wiggle room...
if the tailpipe is cut off at its bend the tip extension is plenty long to be properly positioned front to back.. i'm just concerned about the clearance of the bracket.
thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #232
Ghost71
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91701
What I Drive: 2012 black Ti hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Ghost71 Good Standing Member
[QUOTE=cobie56;3986026]i'm using a 2 1/4 in and 3" out magna flow twin walled tip, slightly slash cut but not staggered. ...I think it'll fit but it'll be close.. when i bought the tip i never noticed nor thought of a bracket being there... suppose i should've looked first.
The guy doing if for me is gonna spot weld it onto the existing tailpipe after cutting off the curved down end of the tail pipe.. I do think there's a bit of wiggle room...
if the tailpipe is cut off at its bend the tip extension is plenty long to be properly positioned front to back.. i'm just concerned about the clearance of the bracket.

If its a issue, just have him bend the pipe over. I can tell you if you're not cutting the valence for your tips, it won't lOok right. Samething about the tips being staggered. The bumper is rounding off
Old 01-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #233
Ghost71
Focus Enthusiast

Before you start slicing and dicing those are very two things are important. Send the tip back. Get the staggered dual tip. If you're standing behind your car you want the right tip to shorter than the left. Of course 45 deg angle. Jus sayin
Old 01-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #234
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

[QUOTE=Ghost71;3986056]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
i'm using a 2 1/4 in and 3" out magna flow twin walled tip, slightly slash cut but not staggered. ...I think it'll fit but it'll be close.. when i bought the tip i never noticed nor thought of a bracket being there... suppose i should've looked first.

If its a issue, just have him bend the pipe over. I can tell you if you're not cutting the valence for your tips, it won't lOok right. Samething about the tips being staggered. The bumper is rounding off
yes,, sorry bout that.. forgot to mention it.. i am cutting the valance for the tips otherwise it looks crappy....I think the extensions always look better if they're nested into the bumper .. if i weren't cutting the valance i'd not have a concern for the bracket.... I'll have to talk to him bout bending the pipe a bit if needed....i don't want it too far to the outside of the car tho as it'll not look as good as if it's positioned properly... just wanna clear that bracket :) thanks for the advice
Old 01-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #235
Ghost71
Focus Enthusiast

Clearing the bracket will force you to consider the staggered tip.
No problem and good luck. Pics when you're done...
Old 03-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #236
fran1122
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85891
What I Drive: 2012 metallic red focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 fran1122 Good Standing Member
i just got my number 3 muffler removed and replaced with a flow master 40 and i have to say its sounds great and has a mellow tone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleighman View Post
naegerter
good pics,

I removed muffler #1 and left muffler #2 alone.

The owner of the shop where I had the exhaust done who has 30+ year of experience advised to leave #2 alone. Notice how the pipping flares out for #2. I was told that #2 was only there to kill the audio drone that would get into the interior and there was no gain in flow by removing it.

Since I did take out #1 and there was no audio drone heard in the interior even at 100 plus I beleive he is correct.

If this was my car I would not have put muffler #1 back on. The car sounded great. It was a little loud for the wife. The exhaust has a very nice mellow boxer engine sound with just the rear being replaced.

If you look at the Ford racing single exit set up it eliminates #1,#2 and has a small #3.

I hope that helps.

I spoke with the muffler shop and was advised that you could play with changing out #1 after changing #3. Mainly to change the sound level. The exhaust is pretty straight through.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #237
captainsubt3xt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95121
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver/Titanium/5-Door

FF Reputation: 3 captainsubt3xt Good Standing Member
Talking Things I want to do to my 2012 Ingot Silver Titanium. What else do I need?

Accidental reply

Last edited by captainsubt3xt; 03-12-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: accidental reply. sorry
Old 03-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #238
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost71 View Post
Clearing the bracket will force you to consider the staggered tip.
No problem and good luck. Pics when you're done...
Why? i have the 3" dual tip, double wall slightly slashed and it goes straight out the back no problem.. yes, it's very close to the bracket but not touching it..
Old 03-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #239
unida767
Sonic Mk3 Crew #08

Fan#: 95574
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Powershift SEP

FF Reputation: 11 unida767 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
badge
http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=1.jpg
Not the same as the 2012 designed Focus but it is a Ford badge.
http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford...3343_c_166.htm
Old 03-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #240
SPRAYPAINT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89747
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Grey Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 SPRAYPAINT Good Standing Member
What's up Focus people? I have been reading this thread and I have done a little to my car's exhaust as well. I like the quietness of the factory most of the time but when you are hanging out with the boys or going to car meets, or hitting the weekend track a little more noise is GREAT. I have simply cut off the rear section and unbolted it from the car. I can put it back on using a $15 band clamp when I get tired of the noise. I DO like the lookes of some of the dual setups but I am thinking of running a straight pipe after the rear suspension across the car and exit with a single clean tip out of the factory hole (I will open the hole bigger though).

January 2012 Ride Of The Month

Bookmarks & Social Networks