Should a Focus Wagon be sold in US? - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #21
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard35 View Post
My best friend owns a Ford Dealership. When the previous Ford Focus Wagon was available in Canada, it accounted for 40% of his total sales, for the year...the Wagon version Focus may not have been a big seller in the states, but it sold like hot cakes in Canada. In the past, Canada pretty much had to settle for what "sold" in the U.S. and that dictated what we would be able to buy. That is not the case anymore, car companies are building product for specific markets, including some "only in Canada" models. If Ford really is leaning towards a true "global car" strategy, then it would make sense to bring the wagon to North America and most certainly Canada. Not everyone wants to drive a minivan or SUV/CROSSOVER but, they may need more cargo space than a sedan or hatchback offer, voila....a wagon version may just fit the bill.
the focus wagon, when it was available was very popular in n. england and upstate ny , as well... if a well designed, fun wagon came to market i think it would sell well enuf to make ford happy.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #22
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Ick! I say no. Wagons are ugly, ugly cars.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #23
benkap
Hatch Nation #136

Fan#: 86366
What I Drive: 2003 Mineral Grey Metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 14 benkap Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I'd love to see the wagon come to the states, but it won't.

Big, stupid, ugly, gas guzzling, penis enhancing SUVs are what sell to the family segment.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:13 AM   #24
TehMark
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87530
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 1,614, Level 23
Points: 1,614, Level: 23 Points: 1,614, Level: 23 Points: 1,614, Level: 23
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 TehMark Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by benkap View Post
I'd love to see the wagon come to the states, but it won't.

Big, stupid, ugly, gas guzzling, penis enhancing SUVs are what sell to the family segment.
didn't stop the CTSV Wagon

Old 09-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #25
benkap
Hatch Nation #136

Fan#: 86366
What I Drive: 2003 Mineral Grey Metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 14 benkap Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The CTSV wagon is the exception rather than the rule.

I'd love to see a big rush on performance station wagons in the States. I don't see it coming though.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #26
falconford
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89837
What I Drive: 2001 blue ford ranger

FF Reputation: 1 falconford Good Standing Member
sport wagon

who woundn't drive an audi avant 550 hp wagon ,ford would be on track with this sport wagon,suv waste of space .253 hp turbo ,moonroof ,paddle shift for my 50 'ish commute needs
Old 09-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #27
locutist
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33592
What I Drive: 2005 Volvo V50 T5

FF Reputation: 1 locutist Good Standing Member
I say, hell to the yeah. Bring it. Now I know some may disagree, and I know we sell cars to make a profit, but dammit, if America (me) wants one, then give it to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayna2.3 View Post
Yes, I would appreciate the possibility of being able to buy one here in the U.S.. But Ford sold very few 2000 to 2007 Focus wagons. What do you think has changed that people now would buy a wagon version?
Yes, sales are slow because of poor advertising. If the Euro MKII Focus wagon sold in the US, I would had purchased it. Instead, I purchased a Volvo V50 (also owned by Ford) at a higher price not to my liking. I would have gotten the Focus instead because it would have been cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targon View Post
There may be demand for it(for those who don't want/need a SUV), but those who want it may not be in the position to buy at this point.
I'm demanding the Focus wagon because I can't see over the SUV's on the highway. They are too big and obstructive. My Volvo V50 is six yrs old now; I need a new wagon...now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattdoommaster View Post
I really don't see the point of the wagon in the United States. No one will buy them except for a small sub-set of enthusiasts. And they can get by with the hatchback.
No. no. no. We can't get by with the HB. That's what we call settling. I really don't want to have to settle on the HB just because Ford won't offer the wagon, but I may have to. And contrary to popular belief, the wagon does offer more cargo space than the HB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Ick! I say no. Wagons are ugly, ugly cars.
There may not be a lot of us, but I'm sure those who bought wagons will disagree. Take a trip to Europe where you will see many variations of a wagon on the Autobahn, especially in Germany where I live. You can't possible say that all those cars on the road are ugly. But you are entitled to your opinion.

In closing, listen up Ford, bring the wagon to the US. It can't that much more difficult to manufacture/federalize. Just don't produce as many if you think it won't sell. You only need to send one to the dealer lot for a demo and let the rest of us custom order. I have driven the Euro spec model and I love it. BRING IT!
2005 V50 T5 6-Sp Manual: Flint Grey Metallic|Premium Sound System w/ 6-Disc CD Changer|De-badged Rear Hatch | E-Code Head Lights |Roof Spoiler |Dubstop black mesh grill| European Spec Wide Angle side view mirrors
Old 09-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #28
locutist
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33592
What I Drive: 2005 Volvo V50 T5

FF Reputation: 1 locutist Good Standing Member
Dbl post
2005 V50 T5 6-Sp Manual: Flint Grey Metallic|Premium Sound System w/ 6-Disc CD Changer|De-badged Rear Hatch | E-Code Head Lights |Roof Spoiler |Dubstop black mesh grill| European Spec Wide Angle side view mirrors

Last edited by locutist; 09-13-2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: double post
Old 09-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #29
Neekit
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85377
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow blaze SE hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Neekit Good Standing Member
Im sure alot of car enthusiasts would like to have the wagon but i dont think the sales would be that great...you dont see too many people driving wagons around anymore.....i personally like it and would get that over a SUV any day.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #30
Neekit
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85377
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow blaze SE hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Neekit Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutist View Post
I say, hell to the yeah. Bring it. Now I know some may disagree, and I know we sell cars to make a profit, but dammit, if America (me) wants one, then give it to them.

Yes, sales are slow because of poor advertising. If the Euro MKII Focus wagon sold in the US, I would had purchased it. Instead, I purchased a Volvo V50 (also owned by Ford) at a higher price not to my liking. I would have gotten the Focus instead because it would have been cheaper.

I'm demanding the Focus wagon because I can't see over the SUV's on the highway. They are too big and obstructive. My Volvo V50 is six yrs old now; I need a new wagon...now!

No. no. no. We can't get by with the HB. That's what we call settling. I really don't want to have to settle on the HB just because Ford won't offer the wagon, but I may have to. And contrary to popular belief, the wagon does offer more cargo space than the HB.

There may not be a lot of us, but I'm sure those who bought wagons will disagree. Take a trip to Europe where you will see many variations of a wagon on the Autobahn, especially in Germany where I live. You can't possible say that all those cars on the road are ugly. But you are entitled to your opinion.

In closing, listen up Ford, bring the wagon to the US. It can't that much more difficult to manufacture/federalize. Just don't produce as many if you think it won't sell. You only need to send one to the dealer lot for a demo and let the rest of us custom order. I have driven the Euro spec model and I love it. BRING IT!
I think you are right if they dont think it will sell they should produce less of them and if the sales pick up the can just produce more. I really like it and i dont typically like wagons.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.