Official Winter Tires Thread: Please post any winter questions here! - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-24-2011, 03:07 AM   #21
ghostcrash
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90191
What I Drive: 2003 Red ZTW

FF Reputation: 1 ghostcrash Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
stock tires on 2003 ztw 205/50 r 16
i was thinking about getting set of 15 steel rims with winter tires.
Will this work ok.

I see the cost is cheaper to get 15 inch tires and rims then just getting 16 inch snow tires. Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #22
miles@tirerack.com
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85510
FF Reputation: 3 miles@tirerack.com Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostcrash View Post
stock tires on 2003 ztw 205/50 r 16
i was thinking about getting set of 15 steel rims with winter tires.
Will this work ok.

I see the cost is cheaper to get 15 inch tires and rims then just getting 16 inch snow tires. Thanks for the help
This is certainly a good option for your ZTW. The best tire size for snow performance and price will be the 185/65R15 and that can be match to wheels with widths from 5''-6.5''.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #23
downincircles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88881
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Focus SE 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 downincircles Good Standing Member
If I do the:

195/65R15 Blizzak WS70 ($91) and steel wheel ($50)

for my 2012 SE Sport. Are there options for TPMS sensors? I'd like to not have to stare at a pressure icon for 5 months. If there are, wondering on the price and differences. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #24
miles@tirerack.com
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by downincircles View Post
If I do the:

195/65R15 Blizzak WS70 ($91) and steel wheel ($50)

for my 2012 SE Sport. Are there options for TPMS sensors? I'd like to not have to stare at a pressure icon for 5 months. If there are, wondering on the price and differences. Thanks!
Definitely! The sensors are $42 a piece currently and I would strongly recommend also purchasing the Ford Trigger tool so that you can register the sensors to the Focus yourself instead of having to take it to a dealership whenever you change the wheels.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #25
downincircles
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88881
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Focus SE 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 downincircles Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by miles@tirerack.com View Post
Definitely! The sensors are $42 a piece currently and I would strongly recommend also purchasing the Ford Trigger tool so that you can register the sensors to the Focus yourself instead of having to take it to a dealership whenever you change the wheels.
Thanks for the reply. I actually found it on the site after putting a cart together. I'm liking this option and will likely grab this winter package when the seasons start to change. Thanks!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #26
danc8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90141
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 danc8 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Never a problem. For your vehicle I would recommend the 195/65R15 Blizzak WS70 ($91) and either a steel wheel ($50) or an inexpensive aluminum alloy like the Sport Edition A7 ($85). Personally I like the look of the A7 but there are a few options that are of similar quality and price.
Miles, when on the site and choosing to build my own winter tire package there no selectable option for alloy wheels. I also can't find a way to buy 15" alloy wheels for a Focus Titanium. Can you assist?
Old 09-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #27
miles@tirerack.com
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc8 View Post
Miles, when on the site and choosing to build my own winter tire package there no selectable option for alloy wheels. I also can't find a way to buy 15" alloy wheels for a Focus Titanium. Can you assist?
You're exactly right and it shouldn't be like that. I'll work on getting that fixed and until then here are links to the options that will work in 15'':

Sport Edition A7
Sport Edition F2
MSW Type 14
Advanti Racing V3 Vago Matte Grey (and in black)

You can always call me to set up the order too if you're looking to take advantage of some of the rebates that expire on Friday.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #28
danc8
Focus Rookie

Quote:
You're exactly right and it shouldn't be like that. I'll work on getting that fixed and until then here are links to the options that will work in 15''
But I can't buy them if I state my vehicle type or am I missing something? Also, what discounts expire Friday? Thanks.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #29
miles@tirerack.com
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc8 View Post
But I can't buy them if I state my vehicle type or am I missing something? Also, what discounts expire Friday? Thanks.
You won't be able to buy them online until I have my web guys get this fixed.

There is a mail-in rebate for winter tires that ends Friday.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #30
danc8
Focus Rookie

Quote:
You won't be able to buy them online until I have my web guys get this fixed.

There is a mail-in rebate for winter tires that ends Friday.
When will it be fixed?

I have to say Miles that it is more than a little concerning that you are posting recos that can't actually be purchased online. Why would you post here without some quality control?

Bookmarks & Social Networks