funny story. - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-06-2004, 12:56 AM   #11
RockyNBullwinkle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12930
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus, 01 Silverado Z71

FF Reputation: 1 RockyNBullwinkle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Codes, you are absolutely correct. I usually roll with my Glock .40. But I'm going to the range most days and would never shoot anyone. I'M TEMPTED at times, especially after playing Halo online for a couple of hours. Seems like no one does the limit here in houston. After doing my gauges I thought they were wrong because everyone was flying past me.

(I'm on leave and have got NOTHING to do) ROAD RAGE kills... shoot first ask questions later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2004, 01:25 AM   #12
Wailabod
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13499
What I Drive: black 02 focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 Wailabod Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zslaton
[B]i doubt a focus or a civic will take an A4 with someone who knows how to drive it".
A4S don't come close to runnin 13's, my civic did. they aren't as fast as everyone thinks they are.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:43 AM   #13
CowsGoMoo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 324
What I Drive: VW GLI 1.8Turbo

FF Reputation: 1 CowsGoMoo Good Standing Member
an a4 with the 1.8t is a pretty even match for an SVT focus. Power to weight is about the same too. But don't try me in my 1.8t jetta, i'll whoop on you =). Good kill though, i was reading your post and was going, wtf he was in 5th gear and he tore up an a4? Then I saw you had an svt and it all made sense =0

My ZX5 Focus!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2004, 02:03 AM   #14
Wailabod
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13499
What I Drive: black 02 focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 Wailabod Good Standing Member
if your jetta only has 180 hp y do you think you would beat a svt, i raced a 240 hp jetta and he beat me by a car length, and i was stock
Old 10-06-2004, 02:08 AM   #15
CowsGoMoo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 324
What I Drive: VW GLI 1.8Turbo

FF Reputation: 1 CowsGoMoo Good Standing Member
Because I beat one on i-90 2 weeks ago? The power is way up high, from 3-5.5k rpm's, it's a bullet. The 1.8t is a highway sport compact monster. But for the most part it's an even match race and truely is a driver's thang.

My ZX5 Focus!
Old 10-06-2004, 08:59 AM   #16
biketcher
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3796
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black Focus SES 5-spd (D

Points 640, Level 12
Points: 640, Level: 12 Points: 640, Level: 12 Points: 640, Level: 12
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 biketcher Good Standing Member
Sure, a stock 1.8T Jetta or A4 will beat a stock SVT Focus (snicker!)
While a 1.8T Jetta has a similar 0-60 time, it also has 300-400lbs more to lug around. I doubt 10 more hp is going to make up for that in a real world situation (versus a drag strip situation). I think the A4 has 170hp, so no more hp advantage. However, it is very easy to bump that Jetta's hp with simply a chip and maybe a few other minor mods.

In one Motor Trend or Car and Driver article within the last year or so, they accused VW of underrating their 1.8T's hp (in this case a in a GTI) by at least 20 hp. So, take your chances...

In any case, it usually comes down to driver skill - or alertness at 2:00am.

Currently proud owner of a Pitch Black 2007 Focus SES 5-spd (2.0 Duratec) with all manner of options, but no mods...yet.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:57 PM   #17
RockyNBullwinkle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12930
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus, 01 Silverado Z71

FF Reputation: 1 RockyNBullwinkle Good Standing Member
A 1.8T Jetta is easily beaten by a stock SVT. A VR6 Jetta however walks the SVTF each and everytime. I don't care who you are or how much you think you can drive. TORQUE Kills us everytime.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:12 PM   #18
SVTJerbo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9367
What I Drive: 2002 Svtf

FF Reputation: 1 SVTJerbo Good Standing Member
An a4 should be an easy kill, in fact i believe theyre only good for low 16s which sounds more like a zx3 drivers race, i think a few people are confusing with s4's, and as for vr6's jetta's i beat a guy 3times in a row, they run low 15's stock so it should be a drivers race, now a mid 90s vr6 gti, no thanks
Old 10-06-2004, 09:24 PM   #19
shadyninja
Banned

Fan#: 11464
What I Drive: fast

FF Reputation: 1 shadyninja Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by RockyNBullwinkle
A 1.8T Jetta is easily beaten by a stock SVT. A VR6 Jetta however walks the SVTF each and everytime. I don't care who you are or how much you think you can drive. TORQUE Kills us everytime.
Im not scared of any vw!!! heck I pick on v8 mustangs firebirds camaros and even schooled a few vetts !!!
Old 10-07-2004, 01:02 AM   #20
itsalex17
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5579
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 itsalex17 Good Standing Member
shadyninja either your just making that up or the other people were definitely not racing you, even with a crappy driver there is no way you could school a vette.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.