Are You Truly Happy With Your New Focus? - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #41
thickfog
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88465
What I Drive: 2012 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 thickfog Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Not too happy.

Air blows from floor vent when on panel. Some is normal, but this thing really pushes some air. Feet freeze with ac on.

Front end suspension clunk.

Front end rattles.

Numerous interior buzzes and rattles.

Steering wanders badly and darts all over the road.

Radio turns itself up full volume. Turn it down and goes back up. Must shut off car and restart.

Horrible lag and bog at times when accelerating.

Keyfob lock button works intermittently.

Water collects in door sills after rain. Pours on shoes when opening. Winter will be great.

Sync freeze ups.

Headliner adhesive with sunroof has let go. Now it sags and rattles.

Sunglass holder sticks closed when opening it.

Upper door weather seals rub.

While none are horrific problems, they add up and are annoying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #42
fla2smoker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87092
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 fla2smoker Good Standing Member
I have had mine for almost three weeks and it keeps getting better. In the first two days the MFT froze twice but rebooted on its own with my iphone connected via USB, and have not had a single problem since. At first the car always shifted way too early but seems to be getting better or I am just adjusting the throttle better to prevent it from bogging. I have no complaints at 700 miles. I have saved $35 in fuel already compared to my 2006 Acura TL. The power or lack there of takes some getting used to going from 260 to 160 is noticeable especially when passing but it makes me drive slower and safer...
I am completely satisfied with my purchase and would do it again.
Build Date: August 5th
Delivered: August 20th
Old 09-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #43
agamben0
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88778
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sedan (Sterling Grey)

FF Reputation: 1 agamben0 Good Standing Member
Honestly I love everything about my car except the transmission problems. Not smooth at all starting out, shakes at low speeds/idle. I had a bad part right away (this happens, not particularly bothered by it) and I'm driving a rental 2010 Focus right now and I can't believe how much better the transmission is. Really just not happy with my transmission.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #44
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I am completely happy with mine. Comfortable, fun to drive, great fuel economy, safe, plenty of cargo room, it looks beautiful and has a great sound system.

I hope this thread can remain a place where folks who are happy with their cars can post. There seems to be a lot of negativity on this forum, it's good to have a thread that points out the positive.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #45
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
I am happy with the way the car drives, gas mileage, design, and technology.

I don't like the electronic glitches and Ford's customer service.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:46 PM   #46
flygry1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86605
What I Drive: 2012 se sedan sterling grey

FF Reputation: 1 flygry1 Good Standing Member
Happy with car since they fixed the motor mount rattle. Excellent dealer service. Have never got below 30 mpg even in city & high 30's low 40's hwy. Very solid and quiet. great handling vehicle but steering takes some getting used to. Primary reason for purchase was gas mileage and not disappointed. Currently going on 8000 mi.

Last edited by flygry1; 09-09-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #47
ca45006
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87648
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 ca45006 Good Standing Member
Have had my Focus exactly one month. Only put about 600 miles on it so far. So far so good. To date, I haven't had any of the problems others have mentioned (loose headliner, loose molding, mis-aligned body panels, etc). No transmission shudders - although I've had a rough upshift on occasion. Since I don't have the MFT, i've been spared that fiasco. So far the Sync has been fine, it's just taken me a while to learn the nuiances of the system. As of today, I really like my Focus. I beleive its combination of ride, handling, comfort, and looks are the best in the compact class. Just my $.02 worth on the subject !!!
Old 09-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #48
Old TU
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87303
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 Old TU Good Standing Member
I bought my Focus in June and it has over 2000 miles on it. I am very happy with the car. The DC transmission was a little rough at first, but now is very smooth. I don't expect it to ever be perfectly smooth. If I wanted that I would have bought a car with a transmission with a torque converter or CVT.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #49
abstang
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87352
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 abstang Good Standing Member
I have had mine for 2 months now and I love it. The MFT with the Nav has had no issues at all.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #50
Skippy905
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84128
What I Drive: 2006 Honda Pilot

FF Reputation: 2 Skippy905 Good Standing Member
I recently had two seperate Titanium rental cars for two weeks.

I've been considering the Focus for a long time, but have been waiting (mainly on MFT being fixed properly) to see how this car would pan out before actually buying.

After having the rental cars (and combination of this forum), I have decided I will not be buying a Focus. To me it is just too much of a risk. Perhaps in three years from now, I might buy one, but I just can't see it happening now.

Both of the rental cars I had had problems with them. The first car had three problems (at least that I knew about).
The first was that the trip computer display wasn't working. It couldn't be changed, it would just show me the initial screen, where I was supposed to be able to choose Trip 1, Trip 2, Settings, etc. I think that the module for the controls was defective. It was very noticeable that the door alignment on the drivers side was way off, you could see it as you approached the car. Also, after a day of rain, you got the water thing that many people are talking about. I thought it might actually be a design of the car (although that would concern me as to water buildup/early rusting).
The second rental car did not have the water problems, so I knew it was a problem with the car itself. But the second car had it's own problems. MFT was barely used at all as it gave the blank screen 3 times, and had issues with the volume. There was also a seat problem as the bar in the seat (the one against your thighs) was protruding more than it should, and it was very uncomfortable. The back hatch didn't open right, can't really explain it, but it seemed as though it was rubbing on the bumper when it opened, but there was no signs of rubbing.
I should also note that there was a variety of small issues, but I think that would be classified under my own nitpicking, and not worthy of complaints against the car. I have just included problems that needed to be addressed.

I feel that I had two different cars of the Focus, and they BOTH had some major quality issues with them, along with what you hear in this forum, so I feel that the percentage of Focii out there with issues is far too high.

On top of that it has been shown over and over again that Ford is not owning up to their problems, and has a horrible customer service at the corporate end of things. Sure, many dealers are good, and can get things solved, but lots can't, and when it goes beyond the dealership it seems that FORD hangs you out to dry.

I was all set to buy the Focus, and defended it on here many times, but at the end of the day reality has set in for me, and I can't say that Ford has done an acceptable job on building a car, or the support system behind it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks