Sedan owners! Help a brother out! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-05-2004, 12:03 AM   #1
Turtle
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 10715
What I Drive: 2011 Dodge Charger, 70 Olds Cutlass

FF Reputation: 1 Turtle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Sedan owners! Help a brother out!

Alright, I'm posting this in here since I got no response in Tech.

Okay, this may sound odd, but no one has ever seen a car like mine.

At the Skyline GTG this past weekend, there were two other sedans with their trunks open. One is a 2002, and I don't know what year the other one was. I never noticed it before, but every other sedan I have ever seen since then (I've been looking) has the keyhole for the trunk in the center under the license plate. My 2004 SE sedan has the keyhole on the right, up next to the license plate. Also, every other sedan has a big rubber seal/bumper/keyguard around the lock, mine has a tiny plastic ring around it.

Also, other sedans have a carpeted panel on the underside of the trunk lid, mine has nothing, just bare painted metal.

And, most sedans have a basically flat lock solenoid (sp?) in the center; mine has a big round black plastic cylinder that looks like an upside-down cupholder covering the lock cylinder that sticks out about four inches.

Now, when I bought the car it had 17 miles on it, so it isn't used. I have factory power locks and windows, so it's not like this would be a dealer installed option, and besides the fact that there is no hole where other sedans have one. The other strange thing is that my green emergency release handle is in the center, and the other cars have them on the left hand side.

The trunk works just fine, but several people also mentioned that my trunk release is a lot louder than theirs. It seems to work fine, but now I am really curious to see if anyone else has a similar set-up. It was the last '04 on the lot when I bought it, maybe it was something they changed at the end of the run? Are the '05s like this? After we noticed it, five or six other FF members said that they had never seen it either . . .

Anyone ever seen this?

3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

It takes a real man to wear a kilt.
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2004, 12:17 AM   #2
slvr03fokuz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2842
What I Drive: 2003 Silver Sdn

FF Reputation: 1 slvr03fokuz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I have an 03. got it with 15 miles on it, the cars i seen it on were from mexico so i thought it was just from there but i guess not any more
i have also seen this, my keyhole is in the ceter under the liscense plate.. i thought the key hole on the right was weird. cuase i had never seen it before.

Last edited by slvr03fokuz; 10-05-2004 at 01:12 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2004, 12:24 AM   #3
Turtle
Focus Fanatic

Really . . . This is strange . . I need to stop by the dealer and see if they can shed some light. Everyone at the GTG (like 15 foci people) said that they had never seen it before. Thanks, though . . . it makes me feel better to know that mine isn't the ONLY freak out there.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:28 AM   #4
W~Phoenix~{RC}
FF Bouncer

Fan#: 11450
What I Drive: 2003 Silver Frost Sport Edition ATX

FF Reputation: 1 W~Phoenix~{RC} Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
One time after I got finished eating at the Olive Garden, I come out and see a stock CD Silver Focus parked next to mine... but I notice that their trunk keyhole is on the right side instead of in the center under the license plate... it was really odd looking. This was about 6 months after I purchased my 03.. so I dunno, I've only seen it once on another focii... Sorry I couldn't be of more help :o

Cheers!
Old 10-05-2004, 01:37 AM   #5
bowersdaazian
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2963
What I Drive: '04 2.3 ZX3 ; FSW/JCM PWSC SVT

FF Reputation: 8 bowersdaazian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
so maybe for the 04 model year they decided to change it around (maybe getting the mechanisms ready for the 05's?). I dont have a sedan but i would assume thats why.

"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer"
and
"In God we Trust, All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"
Old 10-05-2004, 01:54 AM   #6
Dragon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9785
What I Drive: 04 Infra-Red ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Dragon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I have a 04 ZTS and my keyhole is also on the right side with the tiny ring. My trunk doesn't have the carpeted panel either...hmmmm...never paid much attention to it before ya mentioned it. Now I'll be lookin at others and wonder why mine isn't like the others also
Old 10-05-2004, 01:04 PM   #7
redyfocus35
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 10974
What I Drive: 2004, red, SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 redyfocus35 Good Standing Member
I also have an 04 SE and what you explained about your car is EXACTLY the same set up as mine. I got it in late june right off the lot with 16 miles on it. Nothing wierd about your car i think it is just the year maybe. or maybe just a select few made in that year.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:09 PM   #8
CKA
*~*

Fan#: 2313
What I Drive: '02 ZTS/'99 Explorer/'13 Fusion

FF Reputation: 74 CKA Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (24)
Keyhole under license plate in the center, when it pops open, it is very quiet.
And it has the huge black rubber piece around it.

I have never ever seen 2 the right one's. Weird. ???
Old 10-05-2004, 01:22 PM   #9
Turtle
Focus Fanatic

Alright, so it sound like they changed it for 2004 . . . at first I thought that it was because mine wasn't the top-of-the-line model, but if Dragon's ZTS is the same, then that can't the reason. I'll stop at the dealer on my lunch break and find out the details.

Old 10-06-2004, 09:54 AM   #10
Fabster82
Focus Addict

Fan#: 437
What I Drive: 2003 Focus zts

FF Reputation: 1 Fabster82 Good Standing Member
i have a 2003 zts and my keyhole is also in the center under the license plate. as far as the trunk lid mine is also just the metal. i think that my old 2001 se had the carpet like lid but not this one.
i think that from 2003 and below the keyhole is in the center and when the 2004's came out they made that change

Mods: clear corners, interior under seat neons, MAC short ram, a bosal exhaust or fs exhaust to come

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.