2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 96 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #951
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma_not View Post
...I developed a knocking/rattle noise from front suspension a few months after purchase...

...They isolated the sound to the front strut jounce bumpers. The service manager said he wouldnít say if previous service was done incorrectly, he only stated that there was absolutely no lube, nada on the jounce bumpers. Since service, Iíve driven the car over multiple, routine road surfaces that always produced the knocks before and two weeks later Iím still noise free...

...It apparently worked on my long term knocker. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Invoice below is from Galpin dated July 24, 2012.
p.s.
the invoice describes a creaking noise, I never heard any creaking.... not sure how it may have sounded thru the chassis ears?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma_not View Post
...I assume the Ford Engineers are following all the documentation/invoices and getting to the bottom of this?
I'm doing cartwheels for you! Please let me know how it's holding up by PM. We gather all feedback and make adjustments accordingly. By the way, use this to save on routine service in the future: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewie View Post
It is on the s too. been fighting with ford they tell me its cause i live on a gravel road..! i tell them bull and they tell me to pound salt and they just park it out back for the day! I washed the undercarrage till i could eat off it, drove off the hoist and what did i hear!!!!!?...
I wouldn't consider eating off of the undercarriage. If you haven't contacted our Canadian Customer Relationship Centre (1-800-565-3673), please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll look into it further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
My car is going in on Monday ... fingers crossed.
I have mine crossed for you; is there an emoticon for this action? If you need other maintenance done, please remember this link: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
SUCCESS.

...definitely being all ears when I drive this thing for the next week or two and hoping I can exhale knowing full well that the erk crunch creek rattle bangdiggity however you describe it is gone!!!!! whew
It sounds like you've been watching the Batman television show with Adam West and Burt Ward. BIFF! CRACK! This is great news; please share it with others here too: http://social.ford.com/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantheman2012 View Post
Well...I hope I'm wrong about this...but it kinda sounds like the clunking is returning on the driver's side. It has been intermittent it seems.

I'll post an update if so. This will be a really tough pill to swallow if I need to keep dealing with this on a brand new car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Mine too. Starting on the passenger side. Sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
My noise only occurs on the passengers side
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Hate to say this but occasionally i will hit a decent bump that I get that old familar clunk sound but it's only that one bump. it doesn't rattle and clunk like it used too. So techically I can't say that the clunking returned like it did but another thing too. when I pull into my driveway. When my front drivers side tire hits the curb I get that old metallic sound. Im hoping thats just the brake caliper.

So basically I'm starting to get a faint sound of that old clunk when hitting some rough spots but not every time. Very strange. I hope it will never get any worse than now.
Hey guys -

Please shoot me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information if the noise becomes consistent after getting the TSB done; I'll get your Customer Service Managers involved.

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #952
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Here's a list of the current problems I have with the Focus:

- Transmission stutters in 1st gear
- Head liner rattles and vibrates near Moonroof
- Rear View mirror doesn't stay at the same position, dips slowly (this is aggravating!)
- Oh yeah, and the clunking is still there

Super frustrated and if Ford won't help who will?

This Focus is the worst car I've ever owned, hands down! Not even fun to drive anymore.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #953
Rememo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95534
What I Drive: Was 2012 Focus. Now 2013 Impreza.

FF Reputation: 3 Rememo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post

- Rear View mirror doesn't stay at the same position, dips slowly (this is aggravating!)

This Focus is the worst car I've ever owned, hands down! Not even fun to drive anymore.
  1. Have you had all of the updates done?
  2. Known problem, a lot of people have it including myself. Ford will
    either replace the headliner, or glue it back in place.
  3. Known problem, a lot of people have it including myself. Some have
    had their mirrors replaced, but no reports yet on if the new mirrors also
    exhibit the same behavior. I'm holding off until I hear more.
  4. Known problem with no permanent fix as of yet.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #954
me.awesome
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96215
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 me.awesome Good Standing Member
Well brought my car in to get the clunk checked out along with a myriad of other problems. Hopefully the tsb out will fix my problem. On a side note the dealership i went to was FANTASTIC. I had a pretty decently sized list and they said they will take care of every one, most of them were vibrations around my car. He told me that he ordered a huge list of parts for my car and said he will make it right. This wasent even the place i purchased my car from. Hopefully when all of the parts get in my problems will be sovled.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #955
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:

We tried to contact you in late June for a service visit. Click here to schedule one online: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iewAppointment. When was the last time you visited a dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememo View Post
The recent TSB addresses the front-end noise. However, some owners are still providing us with feedback on it. Are you currently working with a Customer Service Manager on these issues? If not, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info; I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me.awesome View Post
Well brought my car in to get the clunk checked out along with a myriad of other problems. Hopefully the tsb out will fix my problem. On a side note the dealership i went to was FANTASTIC. I had a pretty decently sized list and they said they will take care of every one, most of them were vibrations around my car. He told me that he ordered a huge list of parts for my car and said he will make it right. This wasent even the place i purchased my car from. Hopefully when all of the parts get in my problems will be sovled.
It sounds like this dealer has swagger and has the goods! If you'd like for me to loop in your CSM, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info.

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #956
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

[QUOTE=FordCustomerService;4301016]We tried to contact you in late June for a service visit. Click here to schedule one online: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iewAppointment. When was the last time you visited a dealer?

Yeah, I called back and nobody returned my phone call.

Honestly, for the amount of times I've had to miss work or take time out of my life to bring my vehicle into the shop I figure they can do me a solid and call me to schedule an appointment (something I've been promised over and over.)

I spoke with my CSM yesterday and she told me the dealership will call me... 2:20pm and still no call, this is what happened last time. I don't want to call up again only to have the service advisor have no history of my vehicle or knowledge of my problems. I'm done explaining my situation over and over to numerous people.

That's where I'm at, so please don't blame me for not "scheduling" an appointment. Excuse me if I don't want to be without my car while it sits on the lot until the dealership can "make time for me."
Old 08-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #957
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememo View Post
It's kind of reassuring knowing these issues might not be specific to just me; however, I'm a little discouraged that my vehicle seems to have every problem out there. It's one thing to experience 1 of 10 issues but all of them is a beat down and they're all coming at different times.

I haven't even owned the vehicle 1 year and I've already been into the dealership more times than with all 5 cars I've owned prior to this one... that's a huge bummer and a turn off from Ford in the future. Wish I would've put more cash down, then I wouldn't be upside down and could unload this monster.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #958
Yellow06saleen
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99526
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Yellow06saleen Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Mine too. Starting on the passenger side. Sucks.
Seems I also have the clunk returning but it is no where as bad as before I took it in to have the TSB done.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #959
Yellow06saleen
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99526
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Yellow06saleen Good Standing Member
Quote:
It's kind of reassuring knowing these issues might not be specific to just me; however, I'm a little discouraged that my vehicle seems to have every problem out there. It's one thing to experience 1 of 10 issues but all of them is a beat down and they're all coming at different times.

I haven't even owned the vehicle 1 year and I've already been into the dealership more times than with all 5 cars I've owned prior to this one... that's a huge bummer and a turn off from Ford in the future. Wish I would've put more cash down, then I wouldn't be upside down and could unload this monster.
You're right this sure sucks. This is the first Ford I've owned with so many probs and I have had several over the years.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #960
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow06saleen View Post
Seems I also have the clunk returning but it is no where as bad as before I took it in to have the TSB done.
Yeah, for me I don't really know what "normal is" apart from the atrocious clunk. So I'll have my ears tuned in as I tick the miles over. End of day 2 and everything is "okay" at the moment since the tsb.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->